Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Totally Trash to Terrific Treasure 5.0 a.k.a T5 Due APRIL 5, 2018

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Totally Trash to Terrific Treasure 5.0 a.k.a T5 Due APRIL 5, 2018

Swap Due Date – APRIL 5, 2018, this the due date not the mail by date.
    USA suggested mail by March 29th, 2018
    International suggested mail by March 22, 2018

Number of cards - 5:5 Mixed Media Collage
    Number of Participants – 20 brave, committed, artists, who will communicate and participate. No lurkers for this swap.

Totally Trash to Terrific Treasure 5.0 a.k.a T5

If you withdrew from any recent Trash to treasure swaps, even if the host didnt give you a neutral, please dont request a spot for this round. There is a limited number of envelopes and many artists want to play.

Please read the requirements, as they change from host to host and from swap to swap. When you sign up please state in this thread that, you have read and understand the requirements. You will only be added to the swap list, once you make the statement and send me your mailing address in a pm.

This swap is not for the faint of heart, If I send you an envelope you are required to complete the swap without knowing what is in the envelope. You really need to be able to make a purse from a sows ear. All item are truly trash, nothing from my stash. All items saved from the landfill. They are clean and not bio hazards in any way.

This is a no withdrawal swap, I will leave neutral itrader to those who don’t complete the commitment to this swap. No cards, no contact , mailing after mail by deadline may result in neutral itrader.

Swap is 5:5 cards, Oh sure I would love a 6th card as a hostess card.

IMPORTANT INFO UNIQUE TO THIS SWAP
    ****You must *use at least two trash items per card.
    *Use can be more than attaching the item, you can alter the item, or use it to paint on the card. The word *use, yes you can rip it, paint it, turn it around backwards, modify it. But you must *use it somehow.

*****Your base or substrate, needs to be a playing card or an up-cycled greeting/note card or chip board from a food box, or a tissue box. Nothing else please. I am not sending these to you, you need to get some from your trash

****If you have any words on your card, they must be from trash: The stickers on the envelope I am mailing you, or junk mail, or a book, or a magazine, you can not use store bought words or letters or stickers, and you can not print out any words or hand write words. You can not use a rubber stamp nor die cut to make words. As stated the only exception is the word stickers on the envelope. Technically they are trash, since I mailed them to you and most folks would throw the envelope away. You may also use any part of the envelope that inspires you.

****You must declare on the back of the cards which trash items you used.

ABOUT THE CARDS

*Each card must be ATC size, 2.5" x 3.5" inches and on a sturdy base see acceptable bases listed above, I will have to return cards that are on only flimsy paper. Think chip board, a playing card, or greeting/note card . If your card flaps in the breeze or can bend easily it is not sturdy enough.

* We all have different skills so please send work you are proud of, think layers whenever possible. Yes, you can and should add more items to the cards you are making. You are allowed to use other trash items, your rubber stamp images, paints, magazine images, And you can even add commercial artsy items, like ribbons, borders trims, images, flowers etc. As stated before the only non commercial item that I have banned is WORDS, your word must be from trash.

* All cards must be original works not reprints

* All cards need to be labeled with your real name, and your AFA username, So others can leave you their thanks via you rocks. As stated before, you also need to declare on the back what trash items you used.

* Cards need to measure 2.5 inches by 3.5 inches. If you do make house or doll shapes cards then of course they need to be within that range. Cards may not have items that extend beyond the side or TOP/ bottom margins., because the items get ruined in the envelope. I can not swap cards that are too big or too small. I will have to return them to you.

*We would love to see your work, so please load photos of your finished cards, or put them in your gallery or even a link to your flickr account. Ask us if you need help.

ABOUT MAILING

Please post in the forum when you have mailed.

Please remember to include postage to reimburse my initial mailing. Plus postage to get your 5 cards home. Include an address label. I will provide the envelopes.

Mailing info USA players.
    It will cost me 92 cents to mail out this envelope to you. They are over 1 ounce and need to be hand cancelled.

USA PLAYERS please, provide a large address label and return postage or 92 cents. I suspect you all will need to send one forever stamp and one extra ounce stamp for the 5 cards. Extra postage is always welcomed to help defray the cost of the international postage. Thank you in advance. If you want or prefer your cards handcanceled, please make a note, and include the 21 stamp.

If you, yourself have sent cards that need to be hand cancelled please include the extra ounce 21 stamp for each card that needs to be hand cancelled. Since the cards would be sent to 5 different players. I don’t mind going to the PO to get cards hand cancelled.

Mailing INFO International Players
    My cost to mail the envelop to you will be $1.36.

It will cost me $1.15 to mail back your cards, in a 1 ounce letter. To cover costs both ways, I can take paypal, 2 US global stamps. Well hidden $2. And in some cases I can trade you for your countries postage, Canada, AU, France, UK, Since I join swaps hosted by international hosts. Contact me about your choice.

Posting in this forum that you got your envelope, posting that you mailed and posting that you got your returns is an expectation for this swap. No silent swappers. Please do not make me track you down to get an update. We want to see you joining us in our journey.

* Please send each card in a protective plastic sleeve, individual or you can use a 3 side by side baseball sleeve. Either way is fine. If you send a baseball sleeve with your address label on it, I will do my best to return that to you with cards inside.

ABOUT RETURNS

* When you receive your returns, please post in the swap thread that your cards arrived, Then please, leave iTrader for me and rep points for the artists. It is always nice to tell the players which cards you received too. Again no silent swappers.
    Last edited by CastleQueen5; 01-22-2018 at 06:38 PM. Reason: Due date (swap Header) moved to top line

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    List of players
    1. Prex79 R 4/13/18
    2. FIERCE Armadillo r 4/3/18
    3. Maryfreeman0622 r 4/3/18
    4.ChronicReader R 3/29/18
    5.Bluesky R 4/16/18
    6. Electricdesigner R 4/17/18
    7. Lu*O R 3/5/18
    8. JOYCE G R 4/13/18
    9. DitheSpy R 4/17/18
    10. Katelnorth R 4/16/18
    11. javaZarf R 4/14/18
    12.Nanvan R 4/18/18
    13. Marie R 4/13/18
    14.PouringDiva R 4/23/18
    15. NYJunkie R 2/17/18
    16. VHoneybee R 4/14/18
    17. SEMOKraftee 3/23/18
    18. Huddlestonmollie r 3/19/18
    19. Thouartdelyrias R 4/24/18
    20. BastCrystal R 4/16/18
    21. BluSkyHare R 4/14/18
    Last edited by CastleQueen5; 04-25-2018 at 10:37 PM.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Been obsessively checking new posts looking for this Please sign me up!
    I have read the requirements and will re-read again before sending. I'll pm my address ASAP.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Me me me ooh ooh, pick me (waves hand wildly from the back of the room)!
    Kate North
    http://katesquilting.blogspot.com
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Now hosting: ATCoins with Foreign Text Background, due 28 Jan 19
    My APC ad here

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great to have you Katlenorth I have your address on the CRRR. I will add that to the list of players that I wont need an address if you are a CRRR player.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is totally out of my comfort zone, yet I can't look away....
    I'm going to lurk, and look deep within myself
    Tentatively getting back in this art pool...

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    This sounds very intriguing. I'm going to think about it.
    Let there be peace and let it begin with me.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    so.........................

is there a difference in trash for the numbering of your list?

not that it makes a difference

put me on the list somewhere and send me your trash
    ~shirley~ A View Askew

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey you two lurkers, you are welcomed to try this new addictive swap, but the spots will most likely be fill today.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I’m excited to play!!!
    Now hosting In Costume!~ and ~ Build a HoLIdaY House with ATC’s

Living in COLORS !!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Please add me. I have read and understand all of the requirements. Love these. They really make you think. Thanks for including me.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Did you all read the information? It hasnt changed much, but make sure you know what you are signing up for.

maryfreeman0622 is offline Keeping the US Postal service in business
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Have room for me?
    Not currently hosting but definitely participating!!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, Mary, there is room for you, I dont need your address cause I have it, on the CRRR list, but have you read the requirements? Let me know if you have any questions.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would love to play!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I know all about the requirements of the swap, CQ5. I also know how wacky YOU can be so I'm prepared to be challenged! I can't wait to see what you put in the envelopes!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can be wacky for sure.

So you need to do both state you read the requirements and PM me your address to get added to the list. I have a limit of 100 pms both in box and sent, so I dont have addressess.

IF you are on the CRRR list I have your address. so ChronicReader I have your address and you stated you read the rules.

Dithespy, I have had some trouble with your address so send it to me. Once an envelope got returned to me, of course I sent it again.