Totally Trash to Terrific Treasure 5.0 a.k.a T5 Due APRIL 5, 2018

Yes, I am in for the round 7 too. I will watch and lurk for it around the deadline for 6.

I just got back from a long hot day of working at the food bank. It was 91F here today. We are getting 91-98 over the next 5 days. Which means the AC will need to come on probably if we cant stand it. Our rule is more than 5 days in a row of over 90. OR when the chocolate and butter starts to melt if left out of the fridge.

But after our 5 days of 90s it goes back down. I wonder if we can just jump in the pool and try to endure til May.

CQ5, you're making me jealous! I can't remember the last time we had 90 degree weather - I suppose we might have had a day or two at that temperature last summer. Growing up in Texas, I miss the heat sometimes. It's overcast and on the verge of raining (it's often either raining or on the verge) and chilly enough to wear a jacket. Puddles of water on the ground from the rain yesterday and the day before ...we don't even have AC (stores do but most residences don't) - don't really need it, but I do have 2 portable fans that I plug in during the summer - we usually have about 2 weeks that are hot enough to use the fans, but not necessarily 2 weeks in a row - could be a couple of days here and then a couple of days there.

I'm looking forward to T7 also.
Just when I think i have satisfied my trash addiction, I pick up something weird and think i can do something with it. The problem with that is that it is never 20 of anything if I ever get the urge to host another one.
Yesterday I took the empty cartridge out of my gel pen and took off both ends and cleaned it. A nice mini straw looking piece of plastic. Maybe the t swaps will evolve and not everyone will get the same trash.

Weather - It happens!
We run ac most of the year, so little cold weather. Have been running the ac for several weeks already.
It is always humid here - very few days we don't have to run either heat or ac.
Our first year in our first house we tried to endure the summer w/o ac. The shoes in the closets (and other stuff) mildewed.
Lesson learned.
We are from CA and never had to deal with this kind of weather.
Another surprise to me it that it is usually warm when it rains.
I had bought a new coat because I heard it rains a lot.
It was wool.
It was like wearing a dead sheep.
Now I have a sweater and an umbrella.
We have been in Florida since 1971.

I grew up in Michigan, and AC in cars and houses was not common. AC in cars is now standard. My husband was from New Hampshire, and he bought a truck with no AC, before I married him. We moved to AZ with said truck in the fall of 1988, and by summer 1989, I was pregnant, and in a truck with no AC. I was miserable. I cried when my Dairy Queen Icecream cone melted cause he was in too big of a hurry to let us eat it in the store. It melted on the way home. I was hormonal of course.

No AC on today. Garrett went to work, I am going to the hospital to watch the Diamondbacks game with hubby. We enjoy that together. So the AC will stay off, we have fans running. Each room has a ceiling fan and portable stands. It is listed as a high of 93F, Wednesday they are projecting 99F, that is an AC day for sure.

All of your cards were swapped and mailed off today.

It is really the polite thing to leave your rocks for each person you got a card from. The AFA name links on the 1st page, Post 2, should go to a post by that person. Find the YOU ROCK! button on the right bottom corner, type a positive comment, and submit. You should be leaving 5 your rocks, and not itraders.

Itrader is left for the host, Me. I am not all that worried about itraders, but would really like each player to let me know they got their cards. Leaving itrader is one way I know. Posting a message in the thread is another.

Thank you, CQ5! Really looking forward to my returns and really appreciate that you have managed to be such a gracious hostess all while your hubby's in hospital. I hope he is doing better. Still thinking of you and praying for his complete recovery.

Hubby is doing very well and gets better every day. They are talking about sending him home Thursday or Friday. He will have been in the hospital a month if they send him home Friday. I am not ready. I have a lot to do. I have to clean rooms, and remove stuff, and replace shower curtains and rugs, and even the can opener.

I have a job interview tomorrow, and Wednesday I can concentrate on the house.

CQ5 - wonderful news about hubby! But it sure sounds like you have a lot (too much?) on your plate. Good luck with your job interview and prepping for hubby's return!

JavaZarf, maybe you could do something more like ferretgirl's Finish it Up swap, where each person just gets a few random items from a selection - it would still be interesting to do even if all the stuff is different.

Katelnorth, that is actually a very good idea.
I love the finish it up swaps.
They are even harder than trash because you have to use every item in some way.
Need to think about the possibilities.
I would need more odd stuff.

you could modify it, perhaps - e.g. send each player 5 things, saying they had to use at least 4 of them or send 10 and make them use 8. Your swap, your rules :)

NOPE TOO late, I am worn out. I think I might have mentioned that he was eating again,and they took him off IV feedings, but last night when I was there. They brought in 2 bags of nutrition on with fats and one when other stuff. I asked why and they said oh we have been doing it every other day. I gather he isnt getting enough calories in a meal.

Today my daughter, Cearra, (19) she vacuumed one couch really good by the time I got home from the Job interview. Then she did the couch in the other room and then we moved the couches to the opposite rooms, so the recovery couch for my husband will be in the room with the bigger tv and the Direct TV so he can watch Diamondbacks games. My couch is too short for him and isnt comfortable. It was my recovery couch. Someday I would like to get rid of it and start over. We covered both couches with flat sheets, as per the instructions. Dang I need to wash the sheets on the day he comes home.

This place is a wreck. But I have my feet up, and I am going to go make myself a cup of cold brew iced coffee and I am adding whip cream and cinnamon.

My back is sore, but I woke up with it sore.

The job interview went fine.

CQ5 - what a lot of work - wish we could all be there to help you get the job done. Sending thoughts and prayers (but that doesn't help much when you're doing the heavy lifting)...

Back
Top Bottom