Totally Trash to Terrific Treasure 5.0 a.k.a T5 Due APRIL 5, 2018

Just to be sure....when you say "chip board" from a cereal or tissue box, do you mean cardboard?

Thanks,
JoyceG

Just to be sure....when you say "chip board" from a cereal or tissue box, do you mean cardboard?

Thanks,
JoyceG

Food boxes like a box of cereal or tissue box is what I am calling chip board. You can buy craft chipboard, but that was not the goal.

Cardboard is usually referring to Corragated card board boxes and I dont mean Cardboard as that is too bulky for the base, It makes it hard to fit in the sleeves. I have used small pieces of card board for decorations or texture, but not for a base or substrate.

Chipboard – Thickness, Types, and Crafting Tips -- CreateForLess
https://www.createforless.com/.../chipboard-shapes-sheets-embellishments-and-more.a...
Chipboard is a pressed paperboard (non-corrugated cardboard). It's made by gluing fragments and layers of recycled paper together. The adhesive is applied using pressure and heat and ends up being smooth and rigid. The thickness of chipboard varies from very thick to very thin, but it is always heavier than cardstock.

corrugated cardboard items have three layers – two flat pieces sandwiched around a middle wavy layer. Card board box, is not what we are looking for.

Last edited:
We are full and I have moved us to active. I have envelopes for those you posted, and sent me their address. OR thoseI have from the CRRR list.

IF you bribe me with cheesecake or chocolate I estimate I can make up another envelope.

I finished my cards this weekend. Man, did I have to think to come up with these!!! Very fun swap. Will get them in the mail. Items used:
Card 1 - Starbucks coffee sleeve and Dove foil wrapper.
Card 2 - Produce stickers (cut for the pinwheels), plastic woven bag (strips for stems), mesh green bag.
Card 3 - Plastic bread tie for body, green swirl plastic paper for grass.
Card 4 - Dove foil wrapper, kitty from cat litter, security envelope pieces for fence.
Card 5 - Security envelope piece for sky, brown packaging material from a mailing for basket, 3 produce stickers for eggs, green mesh bag.

Totally Trash To Terrific Treasure atc cards.jpg (54.1 KB)

I finished my cards this weekend. Man, did I have to think to come up with these!!! Very fun swap. Will get them in the mail. Items used:
Card 1 - Starbucks coffee sleeve and Dove foil wrapper.
Card 2 - Produce stickers (cut for the pinwheels), plastic woven bag (strips for stems), mesh green bag.
Card 3 - Plastic bread tie for body, green swirl plastic paper for grass.
Card 4 - Dove foil wrapper, kitty from cat litter, security envelope pieces for fence.
Card 5 - Security envelope piece for sky, brown packaging material from a mailing for basket, 3 produce stickers for eggs, green mesh bag.

Totally Trash To Terrific Treasure atc cards.jpg (54.1 KB)

Wow! The description of the trash makes me feel very afraid - but it looks like you rocked it!

My trash has arrived! As usual, you have come up with some fun items, Heather. I can't wait to get transforming my trash into treasure.

Got my trash today....and you weren't kidding...it's trash:swoon:
Too bad the candy wrappers were empty.

This stuff is really trash :) Mine arrived today, and it's certainly going to take some thought. My T2T stuff (I mean when I host round 6) is going to be far more "destashing stuff I don't use" than this lot!

I'm looking forward to playing with it!

I made cards today and realized that I did not use 2 things on the cards.
I was playing around with the pet food bag to see what I could do. I used my hand crank die cutting machine. Made the rose. I used an ink pad to add the color. But the smaller part is actually just the orange side of the pet food bag. I didnt even take a photo of the other card. Again I only used one item and I dont think I will add another.

I might use this card for Anns Lucky dip swap. I was picking backgrounds to add things to.

Last edited:
Yesterday because I misplaced something, and let me state, I PUT IT RIGHT THERE so I could find it. I remember the RIGHT THERE spot was not its usual spot, and I said to myself, that is NOT where that goes. So I was looking for these 2 items, my reinking address label stamp and the non machinable red stamp, which I swear I PUT RIGHT THERE!

So I cleaned up all my leftover trash supplies. Organized what I have left. I can make Fandanie an envelope. My biggest concern was that I would not have enough of one item. I get one of them a week in the mail. It is the puzzling item. So you figure I have to have like 21 weeks of said item. I do have one or two more. The Other PURRfect item was one I had to collect over time. I found I have enough of those two.

I will pm Fandanie.

Back
Top Bottom