Totally Trash to Terrific Treasure 5.0 a.k.a T5 Due APRIL 5, 2018

View attachment 192469

OK, here's card number three from me. This one used the green plasticy paper as a background, and crossword puzzle for zetti arms and the stem of the flower. The words are all either from the junk mail credit card application letter in the trash I was sent or from an ad for flowers from a magazine, which I had in my stash. The flower is from the same ad. The zetti face and dress are the only non-trash items.

I used the postage stamps, some stickers and other bits of the envie. Will those items count as Item #2, if I only used 1 piece of trash you sent??

Using the envelope, the stamp on the envelope, the stickers on the envelope, or even the letter I sent will count as a piece of trash for the cards, and can be counted as one of two minimum required. Did I use washi tape or any tape? I dont remember.

Well, I've finished 6 cards---although I didn't think I was going to be able to! I think they came out pretty good. I now have a camera--finally! But haven't tried it yet. Waiting for a USB cable, first. Anyway, in the meantime I'll try to scan my cards.

I used the words from the crossword puzzle clues, so I hope that's fine....:embarrassed:

I'll let you know when I've mailed them out. :)

Here are my first three cards--
Coconut Georgia O'Keefe--background is kitty litter bag and kitty paper, coconut from cardboard
Owl Take Flight--background is a greeting card CQ5 sent me sometime ago, produce stickers, postage waste, bumpy trash paper
King Gecko--background crossword puzzle, crossword clue text, postage stamp waste, crown that CQ5 sent with the last T2T I played in.
View attachment 192525

And my last three--
Kitty--security envelope background, bread tag as paint tool, words and kitty from trash
Flapdoodle--bouquet wrap background, bread tag body and hands, coffee sleeve arms, produce mesh as stencil, green paper from kitty trash
Miss Universe--my trash background, coffee sleeve face, dove bar foil on crown, crossword clue text, produce mesh as stencil
View attachment 192526

Love your set, BluSkyHare! I have a soft spot for Georgia O'Keefe and love that you used her in one of your cards. That gecko is really cute, too (but CQ5 will have her eye on that one I think)...love them all!

Hey It is possible I am geckoed out! I might want the all the kitty cards. You know what impresses me the most is the creative ways you all have found to use the produce stickers. They lend themselves to the artsy world more than I realized.

View attachment 192632View attachment 192631View attachment 192633

Ok doke. So here are my final three cards (I made six).

For the Zetti Mermaid, I used the gold chocolate wrappers as a background, the starbucks mermaid as a head, the coconuts as a dress, produce stickers as arms with hands cut from the orange dog food bag. The words are from a sticker on the envelope and the coffee sleeve. The only thing I added that wasn't trash were some bits of washi tape - these were little bits that were offcuts from some recently made cards, saved specifically to add to these trash cards, if I could find a use for them, so technically, they're pretty much trash, too!

For the Kitty card, I used the envelope from the swap along with some crossword puzzle as a background, and the green mesh. I used some of the stamp border as a border, the words from the kitty litter, a stamp from the envelope and some of the green plastic paper for accent. I added a few brads from my stash and a little bit of white acrylic paint to age the background and the stamp a bit.

For the House card I used part of Heather's instructions as a background, the brown textured paper for the roof. The window and door are made from stamps (one of my stamps actually had a door in it - couldn't resist using that!); the bush is from the kitty litter bag, as is the accent on the chimney. The roofline is from the dogfood bag as is the word "Happy". The tree and the word "rooms" are both from the back of the crossword, which was an add for a sofa shop - the tree is cut from a brown sofa in the ad... I didn't add anything of my own to this one, except glue.

All my card bases have been made from used greeting cards - that what I pretty much use for all my cards anyway, so that was easy! In this swap, though, I am making a point of leaving some of the back showing, whereas sometimes I cover the whole thing over or use the white side for the back!

These will go in the post today or tomorrow - or maybe Monday if I'm disorganised. Anyway, it will be soon! Fun swap!

I love the cards. I love the hot mermaid. Right now Starbucks is selling Blonde espresso shots for lattes etc. I ask for a hot blonde. I am not sure they thought that whole idea through when they gave it a blonde title. Or maybe they did.

Oh and the reason I came here. JavaZarf has posted a new PAT and it is very trashy. Rush over and get your limited spots.
Look in open swaps.
Mid- February Pick-a-Theme (PAT) - due May 4, 2018

Free advertising. Always appreciated.
I am out of town tomorrow.
But I have big ideas for this swap.
Hope to get to them next week.
Have already altered a few things to be unrecognizable (maybe).

I cannot believe how hard this is. I have had my 'trash' items on my desk for as long as I have had them. I look at them, pick them up, ponder....place items together, get an idea, and walk away to re-assess later. This evening, I had some time and actually put together 4 of them with 2 more sitting in pieces. I LOVE how they came out and I made a total WRECK of my area!!! Hoping to finish them this weekend.

Back
Top Bottom