Lucky Dip – Open Media ATCs - Due April 20th 2018

I dont like Halloween either. Your pumpkin soup card is very cute.

I pulled out a few things in one pull and made a few cards from what I pulled. So your pull plan seems to work for you and I suggest you go with it. I plan to dip my hand in the bag sometime soon.

Signing you up now Karch - welcome.

I know what you mean nanvan. I've been trying to pick really quickly, without too much 'feeling'. I sort of knew it was one of the wooden bits. I will probably have a go and choose two items. I think that will be hard, as the colours/themes may be very different, so a batch of 8 or 10 sounds just the way to go. I'll let you know how it goes, but it won't be until next week now. I will take a few blank cards, and some watercolour pencils and my Pitt Pens with me, so if I create things it will be very random ;)
I can't just sit and watch TV in the hotel rooms of an evening. I'd go stir crazy.

OK....got two cards done from my 'dip bag', so I'd like to join this swap.

My first card- Afternoon Delight- I used an auto collant crystal frame from my 'dip bag'

Second card - Dancing for Dad - used a Tim Holtz paperdoll from the 'dip bag'

View attachment 192502

View attachment 192503

Last edited:
NY Junkie, coffee with hearts? That must be a card just for me. LUCKY dip? I love both cards. Could you mention which items started your creative journey for the cards. I am interested in that part.

I realize it could be tea in those cups, but I am thinking coffee, coffee, coffee.

CastleQueen5----sorry about not mentioning my 'lucky dip'. I edited that post to include my inspiration. I have the info written on the back of the card, too.

Third card - F is for Frog - Lucky Dip item was the clear F image by Tim Holtz.

View attachment 192523

Last edited:
I know you can't really see the crystal frame, but I've had those sticker-frames for years and wanted to use them for something.

Here's my last card and the 'dip' was the chipboard A:

View attachment 192544

My cards are done and will be in the mail either tomorrow or Friday.:yes:

I know you can't really see the crystal frame, but I've had those sticker-frames for years and wanted to use them for something.

Here's my last card and the 'dip' was the chipboard A:

View attachment 192544

My cards are done and will be in the mail either tomorrow or Friday.:yes:

No No, I can see the crystal frame, I would have just never guessed it was your lucky dip item. I guess mainly because of the cups and other fun things, I thought maybe one of those started your inspiration. It makes me wonder if I could start a card in that same way. I seem to work the other way. I need some new tricks. Think outside my box for a few cards.

Finished my cards.

#1 Embrace the Journey - dip = the cream colored scalloped edged paper in the middle and the image of the rider and horse; collage, Tim Holtz text, copper metallic paper tape & washi tape

#2 Collect Beautiful Memories - dip = small blue flowered piece from greeting card and image of child; collage using decorative papers, Tim Holtz text & ribbon

#3 Use Your Imagination - dip = the sculpture image (leftover from earlier One Eye Swap); collage using background cut from magazine and found image & text

#4 Work of Art - dip = the image of art nouveau woman and the flower ring (this was a wreath that I cut down to create a flower head piece); collage using background cut from an old children's book, found images, Tim Holtz text

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom