Emerald Isle Swap, open media, due March 22nd, 2018

pouringdiva: Ross castle on the inside is really neat. I was in Killarney two times and saw the exterior of the castle twice - beautiful on the outside. And I went inside one time - also neat. I love visiting old castles, even if they are just ruins.

I know they are mostly Celtic knots but I did them while I was away with very limited resources. I finished them off this morning. If OK I will get them in the mail tomorrow.

Those are gorgeous, ann! And definitely representative of Ireland's Celtic art, so they are very much OK! :)

pouringdiva: Ross castle on the inside is really neat. I was in Killarney two times and saw the exterior of the castle twice - beautiful on the outside. And I went inside one time - also neat. I love visiting old castles, even if they are just ruins.

How wonderful that you had the opportunity to go to Ross Castle, jo.on.the.go! Did you get to Innisfallen as well?

I haven't been to Innisfallen, but I have been to lots and lots of castles. In Ireland: Blarney, Rock of Cashel, Kylemore, Aughnanure. In Wales: Cardiff, Carmarthen, Raglan, Tintern Abbey. In Scotland: Edinburgh. I am sure there are more but I would have to dig around into my photos taken with my old SLR which are stored away. I have listed ones that I can easily check from my photos stored on my computer that I took with my digital cameras.
But what I really like are the stone circles and individual standing stones. Stonehenge is just the beginning! I really liked what I saw in the Shetland and Orkney Islands (Scotland) because those you could get right up to them - they aren't separated by ropes and other barriers like Stonehenge is. Also, not far from Stonehenge is Woodhenge. This is the remains of a wooden circle which was discovered by aerial photography when circles were detected in the landscape.

Last edited:
There is even a castle in the town where I live, Doylestown, Pennsylvania: Fonthill Castle. It was built by Henry Mercer. It happens to be the first building in the county (Bucks County) that had a flush toilet. Local tourist site. Not just the toilet. The castle. It was built in 1908.

Last edited:
I haven't been to Innisfallen, but I have been to lots and lots of castles. In Ireland: Blarney, Rock of Cashel, Kylemore, Aughnanure. In Wales: Cardiff, Carmarthen, Raglan, Tintern Abbey. In Scotland: Edinburgh. I am sure there are more but I would have to dig around into my photos taken with my old SLR which are stored away. I have listed ones that I can easily check from my photos stored on my computer that I took with my digital cameras.
But what I really like are the stone circles and individual standing stones. Stonehenge is just the beginning! I really liked what I saw in the Shetland and Orkney Islands (Scotland) because those you could get right up to them - they aren't separated by ropes and other barriers like Stonehenge is. Also, not far from Stonehenge is Woodhenge. This is the remains of a wooden circle which was discovered by aerial photography when circles were detected in the landscape.

What a lucky gal you are to have gotten to see so many wonderful castles--and stone circles as well! I am fascinated by them all and by the entire history of the British Isles!

There is even a castle in the town where I live, Doylestown, Pennsylvania: Fonthill Castle. It was built by Henry Mercer. It happens to be the first building in the county (Bucks County) that had a flush toilet. Local tourist site. Not just the toilet. The castle. It was built in 1908.

I had no idea there was a castle in Pennsylvania! I looked it up and it looks so awesome! I would love to go inside some day. :)

Oh Wow! I just noticed this post! They look awesome TSMarie :notworthy:

Alas, I cannot take credit for those images. They actually came from vintage St. Patty's Day cards. I do plan to incorporate them into my Leprechaun cards, though! :)

Hello Folks, we have just under two weeks before the swap deadline. Please PM me if you need my address! :)

Back
Top Bottom