Famous Characters (STUV) Swap - Choose Your Media - Due April 14

Mesektet

ATC Virtuoso
Media
Swap Due Date: 14 April
Mail-By Date/Withdraw Date: 1 April
Number of Cards: 4 for 4 (one each of S, T, U, and V cards)
Number of Participants: 40
Media: Hand-Drawn/Painted OR Open Media

Famous Characters - STUV

Over the past few years, I’ve seen some cool alphabet swaps on the site, but I’ve never attempted one myself. For this swap, we will be creating ATCs of famous characters following the ABCs. The ultimate goal is to have a complete alphabet of famous characters. You will make four cards to send in. This is the fifth swap in the series. Your first card will show a famous character that starts with the letter S, the second one will show a character that starts with the letter T, and so on up to the letter ‘V'. You will then receive returns for each letter.

For example, you might make:

S for Spider-Man
T for Tyrion Lannister (Game of Thrones)
etc.

and then receive:

S for Sirius Black (Harry Potter)
T for Joey Tribianni (Friends)
etc.

The possibilities are limitless. In addition, when you sign up, you choose your media group. You will receive returns in your chosen media. I will also attempt to swap effort for effort and if you’ve posted particular character/franchise interests in the thread, I’ll try to send back cards that match your interests. Eg. If you’ve mentioned liking Harry Potter, I’ll try and send you a character from the series.

Towards the end of this swap, I will open up the last swap WXYZ. After that, I will see if I can catch up people who are missing certain letters.

How To Design Your Cards
- Must send 4 ATCs (one for each letter).
- Must be reasonably well-known characters
- Must be FICTIONAL characters (not real people)
- Must feature the letter that they represent on the card. It’s up to you how you do this, but it would be nice to be able to display all the cards and have it be obvious that they represent the alphabet, so make the letter prominent.

- Can be any style (eg. zetti, realistic, cartoon, your interpretation, based on screen adaptation, whatever you would like)
- Can be the letter of their first/last names or their alias (eg. superhero name)
- Can be from literature, film, television, games, etc.

Swap Rules
- All cards should be 2.5” x 3.5”.
- All cards should be sent in individual plastic sleeves for protection.
- Cards must be sent three weeks before the due date. I am in Australia, so this is how long it will take for international (and sometimes Australian) mail to arrive. Late cards will be returned at your expense.
- If you need to withdraw, that is completely fine, just let me know.
- No cards and no communication may result in neutral iTrader.
- Keep cards as flat as possible to protect them.

Postage (Australian)
Please include a large address label and stamps to the value your cards took to mail to me. I will provide envelopes.

Postage (International)
Please include a large address label and $2 US cash. Alternatively, I can accept PayPal or US stamps. I will provide envelopes.

Other Info
Please message me for my address when you are ready to mail and post to the thread when you send your cards. If you already have my address, it has not changed.

When you receive your returns, please leave iTrader for me and rep points for the artists.

Please ask if you have any questions. It’s better to clarify now than have your cards sent back because they don’t meet the requirements.

Hand-Drawn/Painted Group (must submit HD/HP cards, will only receive HD/HP returns)
  1. Suzi (received)
  2. Shannabanana

Open Media Group (can submit cards in any media including HD/HP, may receive returns in any media)
  1. dithespy (received)
  2. Beverley (received)
  3. MicheleMC (received)

Last edited:
Welcome back, dithespy and Beverley!

I needed a bit of a break over the Christmas and then back-to-school rush, but there's only 8 more letters to go. I'm excited to finish the alphabet off this year!

Welcome, MicheleMC! After these swaps are finished, I'll open up a thread for people who need to catch up on some letters, so don't worry about starting late.

I wonder where everyone else is?

Welcome, Shannabanana! Which group would you like to be in?

Of course, josiesuelupin. You have to take care of yourself first. Hopefully you still get the chance to play.

This was so fun! What a great idea. S was hard to figure out, so many great options! Could you PM me your address so I can mail mine in? Thank you!

Suzi and MicheleMC, your cards have arrived!

How is everyone else going?

And there's still plenty of time to sign up if you haven't already.

Back
Top Bottom