Friend of AFA
Welcome Committee
Media
Albums
DUE: April 5
SIGNUP/WITHDRAWAL DATE: March 31
NUMBER of CARDS: 3 for 3
NUMBER of PLAYERS: Unlimited
MEDIA: Open - (collage, mixed media, hd/hp details)
NO photography, Digital, stickers or loose glitter

This swap is all about working with paper lace, in the form of doilies or strips/tapes. Die-cut or laser-cut. They can be white or you can paint them with markers (or purchase them already colored). You can find them at Joann's, Michaels, or Walmart (craft department or cake decorating department).

Challenge your creativity to imagine what items paper lace could simulate. For instance, if a lace tape design is fairly open and contains some curves and circles, you could paint it black and it becomes a wrought iron fence. Doilies can be cut to portray a Victorian lady's full skirt...angel wings or butterfly wings...flowers or snowflakes...a lady's fan or a queen's crown...and on and on. I've posted some samples below. You can certainly outline around the cut shape.

What ideas can you dream up? Be sure any embellishments are under 1/6" thick for postal purposes, and do post pictures if you can.

CARD GUIDELINES:
- Cards need to be 3 1/2" x 2 1/2" and be sturdy enough not to bend easily into a U-shape.
- Cards should each be placed in a plastic sleeve and lightly taped together for safest postal traveling. Please use Washi tape or painters tape.
- Cards should be identified on the back with your username, real name and swap name. An extra "host card" is always appreciated but never necessary.

MAILING GUIDELINES:
- Please PM me for my address when cards are ready to send. Keep the due date in mind, I suggest allowing 7 days for US players and 14 days for International players. if you need to withdraw, please let me know before my Withdraw Date.
- U.S. players please send a large label with your name and address clearly printed, and include one Forever stamp. I will provide envelopes.
- International players, please send a large label with your name and address clearly printed, and include a U.S. one dollar bill or a Global Forever stamp. I will provide envelopes.

Lastly, when returns are received, remember to give rep points to your return partners, and iTrader for your host. This may be easy to forget or overlook, but is so appreciated by the artists who worked hard on the cards you receive!

Player List:

1. Pouringdiva - RECEIVED
2. Castlequeen5 - RECEIVED
3. WITHDRAWN
4. LindyLu RECEIVED
5. Barbsburnttree - RECEIVED
6. Bastcrystal - RECEIVED
7. MicheleMC RECEIVED
8. Ann_stebbing (FR) - RECEIVED
9. Suzi- RECEIVED
10. Mrubyjean - RECEIVED
11. Betsyg - RECEIVED
12. JenUrebel - RECEIVED

Last edited:
  • Staff
Welcome, Pouringdiva, and happy lurking, Betsyg!

Welcome to lurk, Cinlan - I hope you can join us eventually!

I just found a little pack of about 3" yellow doilies that someone sent me ages ago. I don't have any of those gizmos that cut fancy borders but I do have some die cut bits that AFAers have sent me over the years. Might be able to utilize those but I'll lurk for now while I get prior commitments off of my desk.

Happy to have you lurking, electricdesigner and JenUrebel.

Welcome to lurk, Stahlrala. Hope you can find time to play.

Back
Top Bottom