Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: CREATE WITH PAPER LACE, Open media ATC Swap, Due April 5

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Happy to have you lurk, Ann. I hope you can find some time and inspiration. Sometimes all I need is a great idea I need to try, and then the time "magically appears "!
    Now Hosting: 1:1 Trading - Doll-Shaped "Dolls of the World" Cards ; Trash to Treasure #9. - I HAVE MOVED! BE SURE TO PM BEFORE MAILING ANYTHING.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    LindyLu, I watched that latex lace tutorial and thought it was fascinating! I wonder how hard it is to find the supplies....
    i would love to see yours, if you do it. Trying to think how one would use it, but you could cut it down and use sections to accent ATCs. It's also neat that you could paint it!
    Now Hosting: 1:1 Trading - Doll-Shaped "Dolls of the World" Cards ; Trash to Treasure #9. - I HAVE MOVED! BE SURE TO PM BEFORE MAILING ANYTHING.

LindyLu is offline I'm tired but I keep chugging along:)
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    CiCi, I am making ATC's with latex lace as we speak. I experimented with some craft paints & found that all of them work, even ones with glitter & metallic. Yes, you can cut it or tear it. I will be posting some ARC's in the next couple of days . I am in love with this stuff & it is so easy to make.
    Supplies: a tube of DAP caulk. The video shows Alex Plus all purpose acrylic latex caulk plus silicone. This is what I bought, too. Not all caulk is paintable so be sure that you get the paintable one. Corn starch, a soft, fluffy brush ( I have a fluffy makeup brush ) to use for dusting the corn starch, lace fondant molds. Michael's & JoAnn have them & probably, Hobby Lobby. They are in the baking section & used for wedding cakes, etc. I found a 3 pack on Amazon for $13.95. I have Amazon Prime so I paid no shipping. That's it, just 4 things..caulk, mold, brush & cornstarch. I plan to buy some more molds soon.
    Oh, I forgot you need something to smooth the caulk into the molds with. I have a small, flexible frosting spreader & it works great. A credit card would work but might damage the silicone mold over time. This stuff spreads just like cream cheese. Easy peasy!

A note about the caulk< I see in the tutorial she squeezes the caulk with her hands. She must be stronger than I because I have to use a tube squeezer. My hubs has a caulk gun that I borrowed & it makes the caulk flow like ice cream.( Why do I always use food references?) Hmmmmm...

This stuff dries flexible so you can wind it around something, scrunch it up, etc. I'm going to use some on picture frames & altered tins/cigar boxes. I will probably use gloss gel medium to glue it down, I just haven't got that far. I will post pics soon
    LindyLu
    We Will Rise Above This !

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here are pics of the lace I have made & a couple ATC's in progress. I'm working on an Easter bonnet theme & this is as far as I've gotten003.jpg002.jpg
    LindyLu

5. Likes CastleQueen5 liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    So creative and pretty! Gorgeous molds! So glad you shared the pics....maybe I need to try this.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pouring, I looked at your heart cards and I really liked them. THEN I looked at your Dress card, and I was very very impressed. But hey I would be thrilled with a heart card actually.

8. Likes pouringdiva liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I watched the latex lace tutorial. Very fun. Very useful tool in art.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm so happy I found that tut. Now I'm wanting more fondant molds.
    LindyLu

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like

My cards done.

This was much harder than I thought it would be. Going postal tomorrow.

20180312_132504-1.jpg

Better add me to the list CiCi.

12. Likes mrubyjean, Suzi, dithespy liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, Ann, every one of them is adorable, but the little girl holding out her skirt is the sweetest thing! Very nice cards
    LindyLu

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Will surely add you, Ann. Those cards are all wonderful - you did a great job interpreting my intention!

pouringdiva is offline Pink is not a color; It is a attitude!!
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks CQ5.

Quote Originally Posted by CastleQueen5 View Post
    Pouring, I looked at your heart cards and I really liked them. THEN I looked at your Dress card, and I was very very impressed. But hey I would be thrilled with a heart card actually.

bastcrystal is offline RIP Monroe - I'll really miss you
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LindyLu View Post
    CiCi, I am making ATC's with latex lace as we speak. I experimented with some craft paints & found that all of them work, even ones with glitter & metallic. Yes, you can cut it or tear it. I will be posting some ARC's in the next couple of days . I am in love with this stuff & it is so easy to make.
    Supplies: a tube of DAP caulk. The video shows Alex Plus all purpose acrylic latex caulk plus silicone. This is what I bought, too. Not all caulk is paintable so be sure that you get the paintable one. Corn starch, a soft, fluffy brush ( I have a fluffy makeup brush ) to use for dusting the corn starch, lace fondant molds. Michael's & JoAnn have them & probably, Hobby Lobby. They are in the baking section & used for wedding cakes, etc. I found a 3 pack on Amazon for $13.95. I have Amazon Prime so I paid no shipping. That's it, just 4 things..caulk, mold, brush & cornstarch. I plan to buy some more molds soon.
    Oh, I forgot you need something to smooth the caulk into the molds with. I have a small, flexible frosting spreader & it works great. A credit card would work but might damage the silicone mold over time. This stuff spreads just like cream cheese. Easy peasy!

A note about the caulk< I see in the tutorial she squeezes the caulk with her hands. She must be stronger than I because I have to use a tube squeezer. My hubs has a caulk gun that I borrowed & it makes the caulk flow like ice cream.( Why do I always use food references?) Hmmmmm...

This stuff dries flexible so you can wind it around something, scrunch it up, etc. I'm going to use some on picture frames & altered tins/cigar boxes. I will probably use gloss gel medium to glue it down, I just haven't got that far. I will post pics soon
    Wow! Thanks for the detailed instructions Lindylu. I watched that U-tube and looks really easy. I may have to try it one day. Now I don't have much room, I have to pick and choose what art projects I use. This one would be too messy and take valuable room. I'd also like to do "Pour" acrylic painting. Boy it really looks like fun, but again, WAY too messy and would take too much room.

So I'll stick with ATCs. Much easier to find things to use to make them. I don't have to buy embellishments, but I can buy small amounts and small sizes.
    I believe that art saves lives and love makes it worth living them. And that could be the other way around, too. - Judith Roche

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I posted a couple of ATC's in my gallery that have latex lace on them.
    LindyLu

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Love those ladies in their latex lace hats, LindyLu! Makes me think of pretty hats or bonnets that could be done with paper lace....any new players out there?

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, ladies. Yes, those bonnets/hats could be made with paper lace as well. I'm pretty sure they will be interchangeable as art mediums.
    This is such a fun swap & I hope we get more players
    LindyLu

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have finished my cards, so I guess it is time to sign up!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great, and Welcome! I will sign you up now.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LindyLu View Post
    I posted a couple of ATC's in my gallery that have latex lace on them.
    The cards are great Lundy Lu. I really like them.
    I believe that art saves lives and love makes it worth living them. And that could be the other way around, too. - Judith Roche

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've got one more card to do, then I'll be ready to mail. Here are 3 I've finished.

https://www.flickr.com/gp/155614952@N07/Ax40ei

I hope you like them.

24. Likes CastleQueen5 liked this post