CREATE WITH PAPER LACE, Open media ATC Swap, Due April 5

Happy to have you lurk, Ann. I hope you can find some time and inspiration. Sometimes all I need is a great idea I need to try, and then the time "magically appears "!

LindyLu, I watched that latex lace tutorial and thought it was fascinating! I wonder how hard it is to find the supplies....
i would love to see yours, if you do it. Trying to think how one would use it, but you could cut it down and use sections to accent ATCs. It's also neat that you could paint it!

CiCi, I am making ATC's with latex lace as we speak. I experimented with some craft paints & found that all of them work, even ones with glitter & metallic. Yes, you can cut it or tear it. I will be posting some ARC's in the next couple of days . I am in love with this stuff & it is so easy to make.
Supplies: a tube of DAP caulk. The video shows Alex Plus all purpose acrylic latex caulk plus silicone. This is what I bought, too. Not all caulk is paintable so be sure that you get the paintable one. Corn starch, a soft, fluffy brush ( I have a fluffy makeup brush ) to use for dusting the corn starch, lace fondant molds. Michael's & JoAnn have them & probably, Hobby Lobby. They are in the baking section & used for wedding cakes, etc. I found a 3 pack on Amazon for $13.95. I have Amazon Prime so I paid no shipping. That's it, just 4 things..caulk, mold, brush & cornstarch. I plan to buy some more molds soon.
Oh, I forgot you need something to smooth the caulk into the molds with. I have a small, flexible frosting spreader & it works great. A credit card would work but might damage the silicone mold over time. This stuff spreads just like cream cheese. Easy peasy!

A note about the caulk< I see in the tutorial she squeezes the caulk with her hands. She must be stronger than I because I have to use a tube squeezer. My hubs has a caulk gun that I borrowed & it makes the caulk flow like ice cream.( Why do I always use food references?) Hmmmmm...

This stuff dries flexible so you can wind it around something, scrunch it up, etc. I'm going to use some on picture frames & altered tins/cigar boxes. I will probably use gloss gel medium to glue it down, I just haven't got that far. I will post pics soon:)

So creative and pretty! Gorgeous molds! So glad you shared the pics....maybe I need to try this.

Oh, Ann, every one of them is adorable, but the little girl holding out her skirt is the sweetest thing! Very nice cards:)

Will surely add you, Ann. Those cards are all wonderful - you did a great job interpreting my intention!

CiCi, I am making ATC's with latex lace as we speak. I experimented with some craft paints & found that all of them work, even ones with glitter & metallic. Yes, you can cut it or tear it. I will be posting some ARC's in the next couple of days . I am in love with this stuff & it is so easy to make.
Supplies: a tube of DAP caulk. The video shows Alex Plus all purpose acrylic latex caulk plus silicone. This is what I bought, too. Not all caulk is paintable so be sure that you get the paintable one. Corn starch, a soft, fluffy brush ( I have a fluffy makeup brush ) to use for dusting the corn starch, lace fondant molds. Michael's & JoAnn have them & probably, Hobby Lobby. They are in the baking section & used for wedding cakes, etc. I found a 3 pack on Amazon for $13.95. I have Amazon Prime so I paid no shipping. That's it, just 4 things..caulk, mold, brush & cornstarch. I plan to buy some more molds soon.
Oh, I forgot you need something to smooth the caulk into the molds with. I have a small, flexible frosting spreader & it works great. A credit card would work but might damage the silicone mold over time. This stuff spreads just like cream cheese. Easy peasy!

A note about the caulk< I see in the tutorial she squeezes the caulk with her hands. She must be stronger than I because I have to use a tube squeezer. My hubs has a caulk gun that I borrowed & it makes the caulk flow like ice cream.( Why do I always use food references?) Hmmmmm...

This stuff dries flexible so you can wind it around something, scrunch it up, etc. I'm going to use some on picture frames & altered tins/cigar boxes. I will probably use gloss gel medium to glue it down, I just haven't got that far. I will post pics soon:)

Wow! Thanks for the detailed instructions Lindylu. I watched that U-tube and looks really easy. I may have to try it one day. Now I don't have much room, I have to pick and choose what art projects I use. This one would be too messy and take valuable room. I'd also like to do "Pour" acrylic painting. Boy it really looks like fun, but again, WAY too messy and would take too much room.

So I'll stick with ATCs. Much easier to find things to use to make them. I don't have to buy embellishments, but I can buy small amounts and small sizes.

Love those ladies in their latex lace hats, LindyLu! Makes me think of pretty hats or bonnets that could be done with paper lace....any new players out there?

Thanks, ladies. Yes, those bonnets/hats could be made with paper lace as well. I'm pretty sure they will be interchangeable as art mediums.
This is such a fun swap & I hope we get more players:)

Back
Top Bottom