Keys to Happiness, Open Media, April 11, 2018

Here’s my cards for the swap. My Keys to Happiness are: Forgiveness, Love of a dog, Mindfulness, & Gratitude. These look better in person, my photo came out a little too dark. I’ll be mailing them out Thursday.

Very Nice Bunnymther. My favorite is the Mindful Buddha card but they are all beautiful. I can't wait to see them in person.

Here’s my cards for the swap. My Keys to Happiness are: Forgiveness, Love of a dog, Mindfulness, & Gratitude. These look better in person, my photo came out a little too dark. I’ll be mailing them out Thursday.

How is everyone doing on your Keys of Happiness?

Only 22 days left until Your Keys to Happiness set has to be in my hands. Please PM me for my address when you are ready to mail your set!!!

View attachment 193763

OK, so it looks like I probably won't get a chance to play along with this as no one seems to be dropping out. But, I thought I'd show the cards I made anyway - I'll just put them in my personal gallery for swapping if no space becomes free here...

Oh my word! Those are beautiful cards, katelnorth. I'm so sorry you missed out on the swap but I'm sure they won't last long in your gallery:)

My set is going in the mail today. I put an extra stamp on and wrote "non-machinable". Hope that works! A big thanks to Pouringdiva for paying our return postage

Thanks everyone, for your kind words. I should have signed up sooner, but I wasn't sure I'd have the time. Still, the idea kept percolating, so when I ran across the big keys in a little drawer I thought what the heck, I'd make the cards anyway :)

Ok, so I was hard at work last night finding the elements and ideas that I think are the "keys to happiness" to add to my cards and I worked on themes, colors & composition. I got some layers glued on and some stamping was involved so I'm happy with the progress I've made on these as I have a watchful eye on that deadline.

Here is where I am a bit challenged: I want to add key charms to each one. They are 1 inch or smaller and they have a loop hole at their top. I would like to use the loop hole to somehow secure the keys down and or incorporate a little bow at their top.

What are your thoughts on the options to lock these down securely to the cards? I'm thinking a glue gun is an option, but I'm checking to see if there is another option? If you have a visual example, that would also be very much appreciated! :)

Bluevioletz, I used a small brad(made a hole through the card with the tip of an x-acto knife) through the small hole in the top of my key charms. You could also use beading wire, or string/ribbon securing it on the back with tape. Then hide the tape by glueing whatever paper you are going to make the back of your card to write your info on. I wouldn't use glue to add a key but I suppose E-6000 would work. PM me if you need pics-happy to help you.

Back
Top Bottom