Mid- February Pick-a-Theme (PAT) - due May 4, 2018

JavaZarf

~let whoever think whatever~
Friend of AFA
Media
Albums
Due Date – May 4, 2018
Withdraw – None, once signed up with a theme you’re in, so PLEASE be sure you want to play!
(Withdrawal or no cards will receive a negative iTrader.)
Number of Cards - 4 cards for one group or 8 if you're playing in two groups
Number of participants - 5 groups of 5 players

Mid February Pick-a-Theme (PAT)

To play you must have:
• an iTrader rating of +15
• no negatives within the last 6 months
• no neutrals within the last 3 months
• NO EXCEPTIONS

PLEASE READ ALL THE DIRECTIONS BEFORE YOU SIGN UP

DO NOT over commit yourself. You may sign up for a maximum of 2 groups. Once you commit to a group, other players begin working on your card, so for this reason you cannot withdraw from a PAT. Late cards and/or no cards will receive negative iTraders from each group member and your host.

I live in Florida – plan your mail time accordingly.

General Information:

• This swap contains 5 groups of 5 members
• Signups will end when all spots are filled
• Pick a group of preferred media then pick a theme
• Please have a theme chosen within two days of signing up or you'll lose your spot in the group
• You must be willing to work on all the other themes in your group
• Make a card for each player in your group in their chosen theme (always ask if you're not sure!)
• Send quality cards you are proud of and would want to receive yourself
• Cards must be sturdy
• When you have finished your cards, send me a private message for my address
• Your cards must be in my hands on or before May 4, 2018
• You will receive a card of your chosen theme in return from each member of your group

Card information:

• Cards must be standard ATC size, 2.5” x 3.5”, on sturdy paper, cardstock or chipboard
• NO bulky embellishments
• Each card should be mailed in a protective plastic sleeve
• On the back of all your cards please put the following information:
o Mid-February 2018 PAT;
o Group Number;
o Recipient’s username;
o Your AFA username

Please post your cards to the thread for all to enjoy.

Mailing information:

Per PAT rules, all cards must be mailed to the host. Please do not ask to mail to players directly for whatever reason as it is not allowed and will result in a negative iTrader.

I will provide envelopes. Please send me a large address label and as much postage as it cost you to send your envelope to me.

Theme information:

EASY/REGULAR THEMES:

Generic themes that are easy to think up for a card. For example: fairies; cats; dogs; flowers; etc.
Less generic themes which require a little more thought or research but are not difficult to find a reference or collage images. Examples include: flying pigs with hats, red poppies, whimsical houses, nature fairies, etc. (Real people or characters in books or movies are not regular themes!)

There will be no Advanced/Challenging Themes for this swap.

Remember that for PATs, when you get your returns, give all your fellow group members and the hostess (me) iTraders!

Last edited:
FULL Group 1: Hand Drawn or Hand Painted ~ Easy/Regular Themes ~ TRASH – Paper Bag (preferably brown bag, if available)

1. Returns Arrived Dithespy - RECEIVED - Birds
2. Returns Arrived Ann_Stebbing - RECEIVED - Lions
3. Prex79 - RECEIVED - Owls
4. Evalila - RECEIVED - Mushrooms/Fungi
5. Returns Arrived McGillisJ - RECEIVED - Cats

FULL Group 2: Zentangles ~ Easy/Regular Themes ~ TRASH – Security Envelope Background

1. Returns Arrived Zandradee - RECEIVED - abstract but with a touch of red
2. Returns Arrived Pouringdiva - RECEIVED - Artist choice as long as Pink is somewhere on the card
3. Returns Arrived MRubyJean - RECEIVED - Leaves/Vines
4. Annie - RECEIVED - Hearts
5. Returns Arrived Kynara - RECEIVED - black tangles (shading with grey optional - only color should be security envelope background color)

FULL Group 3: Collage/Mixed Media ~ Easy/Regular Themes ~. TRASH – Junk Mail (Use a junk mail envelope, the insert or letter from junk mail for the background.)

1. Returns Arrived CastleQueen5 - RECEIVED - Theme - Cats
2. Returns Arrived katelnorth - RECEIVED - Theme - House Shaped Cards
3. Returns Arrived JudyLee - RECEIVED - Theme - Cow jumping over the moon
4. Returns Arrived Allegrae - RECEIVED - Theme - Sea monsters (any style, but not cute)
5. Returns Arrived Zandradee - RECEIVED - Theme - angels or faeries

Group 4: You Pick Three ~ Easy/Regular Themes ~
Pick the media (HD/HP, APC, MM collage, Zentangle)
Pick the TRASH
Pick the Theme

1. Returns Arrived Zandradee - RECEIVED - media - MM Collage; trash - food or drink label scraps; - theme - person or people
2. Returns Arrived Ann_Stebbing - RECEIVED - media - hd/hp; Trash - used postage stamp; Theme - Floral
3. Fandanie - RECEIVED - media - collage; trash - newspaper and tissue; theme - hearts
4. closed

FULL Group 5: APC ~ - Easy/Regular Themes ~. TRASH – Playing Card – (you can pick an additional trash to the playing card) Choose a theme – List which cards you want from each member

1. Returns Arrived CastleQueen5 - RECEIVED - Theme Angels - Trash - Mesh bag - cards - Player 2 queen of Diamonds - Player 3 King of Hearts - Player 4 King of Spades - Player 5 King of Clubs

2. Returns Arrived Dithespy - RECEIVED - Theme Birds - cards - Player 1: Ace Hearts - Player 3: 2 Hearts - Player 4: 3 Hearts - Player 5: 4 Hearts

3. Returns Arrived trini70 - RECEIVED - Theme - Monochromatic - Player 1, blue - Player 2, red - Player 4, orange - Player 5, purple - ANY CARD

4. Returns Arrived NYJunkie - RECEIVED - Theme Animals, cards needed(want) - 9 of Hearts, 6 of Hearts, Ace of Diamonds, King of Diamonds, Jack of Diamonds, 10 of Diamonds, 9 of Diamonds, 4 of Diamonds, King of Spades, 9,8,6,and 4 of Spades. Player's choices on the cards.

5. Returns Arrived Allegrae - RECEIVED - Theme - Gone fishing (any card)

Last edited:
I have added you both to the lists. On APC - you can use the card as your trash item or you can select a more specific trash item.

I'll take a spot in the apc group. I'll get back to you on a theme. Need to see what I need more of. Any card, I'm not putting together decks.

I have added you both to the lists. On APC - you can use the card as your trash item or you can select a more specific trash item.

Gasp! :twitcy:
The horror, playing cards are not trash they are tools and templates. Ok yes, on the floor of my kids bedroom they are trash but they all grew up.

Which brings me to game pieces. I still have a ziploc bag of game pieces I picked up off their floors about 8 years ago.

Ooh, fun, JavaZarf. I will have a space in group three, please. Theme: House shaped ATC (if that's ok for this swap) - if you think that wouldn't fall into easy themes, I'll go with a theme of birds.

Ok, I knew that calling a playing card trash would be controversial. But I recall cards being sent as substrata in a T2T swap. Therefore, I gave it the trash designation for this swap.

House shapes are fine for a theme.

I updated the list. I threw the swap together quickly yesterday, so trying to perk up the view today,
but it sure is hard with that tiny window they give you to work in.

I will be out of town today. Will update the lists tonight.

Group 3 please. Would a cow jumping over a moon be considered an easy theme? If not I would like house shaped cards. Thank you!

NYJunkie - I can put you in group 5, but according to the rules real people or characters in books or movies are not regular themes. Can you pick another theme?

Back
Top Bottom