Stitched/Sewn fabric atcs due April 21

BexMadeMe

ATC Guru
Media
Albums
Swap Due Date -21st April
Signup/withdraw date - none, but keep me informed.
Number of Cards - 3 for 3
Number of participants - Unlimited

Since I have been collecting ATCs I have received a few now with fabric and stitching incorporated, I think they look fantastic and I've decided I need an excuse to make a few of my own!

I would like us to make ATCs incorporating fabric and stitching. If you wish to add extra media on top that is ok but please keep any embellishments slim enough to keep postage costs down! Cards can be fabric with fusible interfacing or your stitched fabric designs can be mounted onto card. Just ensure they are sturdy enough to be ATCs and not just fabric alone. The top layer of your cards must be fabric, although you are free to draw/paint/print/stamp on top of this if you wish. Any questions/queries please let me know in the thread.

You could use counted cross stitch designs, hand stitching, machine sewing, or embroidery.
Feel free to use any other media in addition - for example you might paint a character on your fabric and give her an embroidered outfit. You could print a vintage image onto fabric and then embellish with stitching. Possibilities are endless.

I look forward to seeing creations, please post in the thread.
Please take time over your cards, I will be swapping effort for effort to the best of my ability and dependant on cards received.

Here is my first completed card-
View attachment 192866
A description of how I made it is in my gallery.

Here is the rest of my set for the swap. I had a lot of fun with these!
View attachment 192873

Card Rules-
1. See all details in above description. Please read carefully.
2. Cards must be correctly sized with straight edges 2.5 x 3.5 inches, make sure that they are neither flimsy, or extra thick. Please check and measure your cards before sending, (it is harder to rectify these problems after I have received your cards).
3. Please include your username, on the back of your cards along with any other info you wish to add.
4. Host cards are not required but will be treasured should you wish to include one.
5. Where possible I will exchange effort for effort and like for like cards to the best of my ability and dependant on cards received.

Posting
1. The due date is 21st April 2018. Please be mindful that I am in the UK so allow plenty of time for posting to me. Any late cards will be returned to senders.
2. Please pm me when you are ready for my address to send your cards.
3. Please package your cards carefully to ensure they reach me undamaged, and send in individual plastic ATC sleeves. I will need a large return address label or piece of paper with your address on it, I will supply my own envelopes.
4.International players please send either $2 USA or contact me to pay via paypal. UK players please send either a first or second class stamp for return postage. (If your cards do end up heavier than a usual ATC swap an extra $ postage would be appreciated.)
I will no longer be sending back returns at my own expense for players who forget to pay. If you have multiple returns and want them sending together please discuss
with me in advance so I can advise you on the correct price. Thank you for understanding

Players- red= received
0 BexMadeMe
1 JudyLee
2 suzyq
3 ann_stebbing
4 Greenpengirl
5 TrailRider
6 Jan
7 An.M.Sudyka
8 redplantlady
9 Bunnymther
10 Chelle
11 Amapola
12 catladybj - withdrawn

Last edited:
I cherish the fabric cards I've received too. Incorporating fabric, and stitching into ATCs is so fun. I'll be keeping this in mind until I get caught up and can commit.

I've never tried a hand held sewing machine but ATCs are SO tiny, it's just as easy to stitch them by hand, and very relaxing too. I will probably play, but count me as a lurker for now.

I noticed that suzyq just posted two fabulous fabric and stitched cards in the gallery - you should invite her to play.

I love the idea, but have never done a fabric card and can't commit until I catch up with my other swaps ... maybe?

Lurking :) I do enjoy doing sewn & fabric ATCs, but just want to keep an eye on my committments - will try to make cards before signing up. Also, you are in the UK, which always is an incentive for me!

Back
Top Bottom