Ancient Egypt: Open Media ATC Swap due April 30th 2018

electricdesigner

Always learning!
Media
DUE: April 30
SIGNUP/WITHDRAWAL DATE: April 17
NUMBER of CARDS: 3 for 3
NUMBER of PLAYERS: 12 (My first swap!)
MEDIA: Open - (collage, mixed media, hd/hp details)
NO photography, Digital, stickers or loose glitter

Let your imagination run free to explore the beautiful art and culture of Ancient Egypt. Hieroglyphs, cartouches, tomb paintings, pyramids, temples, the Sphinx, Pharaohs - these are just a few ideas to start you off.

Ancient Egyptians were also very fond of the colors gold and turquoise. Hop over to Pinterest and search for "Ancient Egypt" for lots of wonderful inspiration.

If you want to add embellishments to your cards, please make sure they are under 1/6" thick for postal purposes.

Please post pictures if you can.

CARD GUIDELINES:
- Cards need to be 3 1/2" x 2 1/2" rectangles and sturdy enough not to bend easily into a U-shape.
- Cards should each be placed in a plastic sleeve and lightly taped together for safest postal traveling. Please use Washi tape or painters tape.
- Cards should be identified on the back with your username, real name and swap name. An extra "host card" is always appreciated but never necessary.
- If you need to drop out, no problem, just communicate. No communication will result in a neutral iTrader.

MAILING GUIDELINES:
- Please PM me for my address when cards are ready to send. Keep the due date in mind, I suggest allowing 7 days for UK players and 14 days for International players. if you need to withdraw, please let me know before my Withdraw Date.
- International players please send a large label with your name and address clearly printed, and include carefully concealed $2 for postage. I will provide envelopes.
- UK players, please send a large label with your name and address clearly printed. I will provide envelopes and pay for your postage.

Lastly, when returns are received, remember to give rep points (You Rock) to your return partners (players names are linked below), and iTrader for your host. This may be easy to forget or overlook, but is so appreciated by the artists who worked hard on the cards you receive!

Player List:

2. -dithespy Received
3. -Bluevioletz Received
4. -CiCiCreates Received
5. -yonawrites Received
6. -pouringdiva Received
7. -ann_stebbing Received
8. -jo.on.the.go Received
9. -Scaritt Received
10. -evemiller Received
11. -BArox818 Received
12. -catladybj Received

Last edited:
Great theme! A few years back, Vicki did this theme and it was wonderful. I have been so intrigued and enthralled by Nefertiti for years, love the beautiful jewelry and the coral, turquoise, and gold colors! Please do sign me up.

I would like to join. Egypt is such a fascinating country. I was there during the height of the terrorism and there were hardly any tourists there. We didn't have a wait at King Tut's tomb, and we were almost the only people on the Nile cruise. The worst for Egypt was that because there were so few tourists, the people offering camel rides or rides in horse-drawn carriages had so little money coming in, they couldn't afford to feed the animals enough food.

I loved Egypt when I visited Luxor. Sailing down the Nile on a felucca at sunset - just can't beat it. The Valley of the Kings was amazing!!! I'll put you on the list jo.on.the.go - you're very welcome :)

You're in evemiller - welcome aboard - so glad to have you.

Postage no problem - I have a Paypal account, which I'll send you when you PM for my address :)

Here are my cards. With each I have included an identification in hieroglyphs. Hieroglyphs can be read left to right, right to left, or top to bottom. To tell if you are to read L to R or R to L, you need to look at the direction that the animals are facing. You always read toward the front end of the animals. So you can see that with Edfu Temple, the writing goes left to right.

Edfu Temple, Holy of Holies. This is from a photo I took while in Egypt. The hieroglyphs say "Edfu".

Hathor. This is from a wall painting at the Temple of Queen Hatshepsut, who ruled 1472 - 1458 BCE. The temple is located at el-Bahari, Egypt. This is from a photo I took. The goddess Hathor is depicted. One can identify Hathor by the sun located between the horns. These hieroglyphs say "Hathor".

Isis. Isis was a Greek goddess that symbolized motherhood, love, magic, children and peace. The hieroglyphs say "Isis".

Vulture Goddess Nekhbet. She was the patron of Upper Egypt, dating from the Thebes Dynasty 18, 1479 - 1458 BCE. The hieroglyphs say "Nekhbet".

When I say "the hieroglyphs say..." I mean that this is the best of my ability to spell out what I want. I purchased a book about how to do hieroglyphic writing, and my depictions are based on sounds, each which is represented by a different symbol. But the Egyptians didn't use vowels and nobody knows exactly how the ancient Egyptians pronounced words anyway.

Jo, as usual, I love your artwork. And I am really impressed that you can write hieroglyphics!

Back
Top Bottom