Ancient Egypt: Open Media ATC Swap due April 30th 2018

My 12 slots are all full so "Waiting List" only from now on, unfortunately.

I'm so looking forward to seeing all your lovely artistic creations. Is it too soon to be checking the mail !!! ;)

Here are my cards. With each I have included an identification in hieroglyphs. Hieroglyphs can be read left to right, right to left, or top to bottom. To tell if you are to read L to R or R to L, you need to look at the direction that the animals are facing. You always read toward the front end of the animals. So you can see that with Edfu Temple, the writing goes left to right.

Edfu Temple, Holy of Holies. This is from a photo I took while in Egypt. The hieroglyphs say "Edfu".

Hathor. This is from a wall painting at the Temple of Queen Hatshepsut, who ruled 1472 - 1458 BCE. The temple is located at el-Bahari, Egypt. This is from a photo I took. The goddess Hathor is depicted. One can identify Hathor by the sun located between the horns. These hieroglyphs say "Hathor".

Isis. Isis was a Greek goddess that symbolized motherhood, love, magic, children and peace. The hieroglyphs say "Isis".

Vulture Goddess Nekhbet. She was the patron of Upper Egypt, dating from the Thebes Dynasty 18, 1479 - 1458 BCE. The hieroglyphs say "Nekhbet".

When I say "the hieroglyphs say..." I mean that this is the best of my ability to spell out what I want. I purchased a book about how to do hieroglyphic writing, and my depictions are based on sounds, each which is represented by a different symbol. But the Egyptians didn't use vowels and nobody knows exactly how the ancient Egyptians pronounced words anyway.

Amazing cards, Jo!

Bumper mail this morning. Received your amazing cards evemiller - thank you so much for the one for me - don't know which one to choose!!!

Scaritt, yours arrived too - absolutely loved the alien one - really fun idea :)

Last edited:
My cards are FINALLY going out today (or tomorrow if I missed the mail carrier today). I was out of town enjoying warm weather and now that I am back to the cold Pennsylvania spring, I have time to get my correspondence going again. Sorry for the delay. I certainly am enjoying seeing all the cards that the other artists are creating.

Back
Top Bottom