prex

ATC Guru
Media
Due Date: May 12, 2018
Withdraw by Date: Anytime - just please communicate
Number of Blocks: 6:6 or 12:12
Number of Participants: Unlimited

3D Hearts

I love making and receiving hearts for the PIF mixed media heart thread. My collection is slowly growing, but I want MORE! :) TF Balding hosted a Jar of Hearts swap a bit ago, but I NEED another. I've borrowed from her post, so anyone that participated in her last swap will recognize some of the wording.

Swap requirements:

• ALL HEARTS MUST BE 3-DIMENSIONAL. No flat, paper only hearts. They need to be sturdy. Give them some dimension.
  • What can they be made of? The sky is the limit!!!! Here are some ideas...
    *Felted hearts
    *Paperclay hearts
    *Polymer clay hearts
    *Crocheted hearts
    *Hand sewn hearts
    *Duct tape hearts
    *Beaded hearts
    *Wooden hearts
    *Resin hearts
    *Wire wrapped hearts
    *Your hearts can be made of ANYTHING as long as they:
    ~Are heart-shaped
    ~Are 3D (not flat)
    ~Are no bigger than 3" tall/3" in width, no thicker than 2",no smaller than 2" tall/2" in
    width, and not less than 1/4" thick.
    ~Are your best work
  • If you need to withdraw, just communicate. Players who disappear will receive neutral itrader.

Please remember that these hearts are ART & should be creatively decorated/embellished/painted. Also don't forget to sign your work (even if that means adding a little tag so that the recipient knows who to thank for the heArt).

Some inspiration for you: pinterest

Mailing:

• Protect your hearts in some sort of protective plastic, and package them securely in a small bubble wrap envelope. I will attempt to re-use the envie when I send returns.
  • Please include a large label with your name and address clearly written on it.
  • Postage: Artists must pay for their own return postage; either well concealed cash or US stamps. Include the amount it cost you to send to me. Postage rates recently went up. In the US, up to 4 ounces will cost $3.50. From what I could figure out online, it looks like international starts at $10 for a bubble mailer. I'll return unused money back to you.
  • Please request my address via private message when you are ready to send your artwork.
  • Artwork that arrives late, will be returned at your expense.

Feel free to share your artwork in the thread. It is always inspiring to see the work of others.

When you receive your returns, please leave itraders for me and rep points for the artists whom you receive work from.

Who wants to add to their collection?

1. prex79
2. Monica 6:6 RECEIVED
3. pouringdiva 6:6 RECEIVED
4. Marie RECEIVED
5. Rosa 12:12 RECEIVED
6. Fandanie 12:12 RECEIVED
7. Kynara 12:12 RECEIVED
8. moonrose442 6:6 RECEIVED
9. kris10satcs 12:12 RECEIVED
10. mwilding 6:6 RECEIVED

Last edited:
well, I went and bought some trinkets and fat squares to play around with. (I made sewn ones for TF's heart swap and want to try to make some more)

I also bought a little hand held sewing machine thingy... I wanted a manual one but they only had battery operated ones. Wish me luck I don't sew my fingers together! (I'm scared of sewing machines... :eek: this one included LOL)

Good luck :)
Let me know how the hand held sewing machine works. I rarely sew, because it's a hassle on the big one.

Lurking...for now
I love the idea but not sure I can make them in time.
Fingers crossed cuz I am gonna try

ok... well the hand machine went way too fast for me to make these little hearts, so I broke down and went to my moms and had her show me how to use the regular sewing machine. With it set to the slowest speed I still got 15 done within an hour hehe :cute: now to stuff em and decorate them! I'm ready to commit so sign me up please! :jiggy:

still scared of the sewing machine, but not as much as I was... (only took 40 years)

btw... a little back story... i sewed my finger to a gum wrapper when I was 5... hadn't been able to get near a machine since :biglaugh: but the thought of taking a month to sew all these by hand (again) made me brave enough lol

btw... a little back story... i sewed my finger to a gum wrapper when I was 5... hadn't been able to get near a machine since :biglaugh: but the thought of taking a month to sew all these by hand (again) made me brave enough lol

Oh my goodness! That would be horrifying! I'm very impressed that you were able to go anywhere near a sewing machine again! What were you making using a gum wrapper?... out of curiosity....

Oh, and signing you up now, Kynara. I can't wait to see what you came up with :)
Welcome moonrose442! Glad you're joining us!

Oh my goodness! That would be horrifying! I'm very impressed that you were able to go anywhere near a sewing machine again! What were you making using a gum wrapper?... out of curiosity....

i actually don't remember. i do vividly remember holding it and putting it under the thing and the needle... ok you get the idea. hehehe it was one of those old style black singer machines with the big giant pedal under it.

i've got mine stuffed and half of them closed up. then the fun part, adding the decorations!

Back
Top Bottom