MANNEQUIN BODICE ART DOLL~Due May 4th

TriLov

ATC Virtuoso
Media
Swap Due Date – May 4, 2018
Signup/Withdraw Date – No need to sign up or withdraw. If your dolls arrive by the due date, you’re in but I will try to keep a running list of interested participants.
Number of dolls - 3:3
Number of Participants - unlimited
Media: any HD/HP media
Theme: No theme, but they are art dolls, so they should have a face of some sort

Please use the attached template for your base shape.
View attachment 193060

IMPORTANT NOTES: Art Dolls should measure correctly so that all of your dolls are equal to one another in their size. The template measures about 4 ¾ inches tall by 2 5/8 inches at the widest point. You might need to play around with the printing to get the right size. I’m ok with about ¼ inch difference either way. I’m also ok with mailing a template if you have problems printing.

Because of the 2 5/8-inch shoulders, the doll will not fit into a penny sleeve exactly. You have a few options with this:
  1. You can make sure your shoulders are no more than a ¼ inch less so that they can fit.
  2. You can use a Postcard sleeve and there will be more than enough room
  3. You can cut the ATC sleeve down one long side and the doll, at the above measurements, will stick out just a bit. Most of the art doll will be protected
  4. Wrap in other protective material, i.e. wax paper, parchment paper, etc.

Here are some dolls I’ve created with this template:
1_Mannequin_Art_Doll_Collage2.jpg

OTHER IMPORTANT INFO:
  • Dolls should be in portrait(vertical) layout
  • No embellishments
  • Sturdy paper, i.e. 140 lb watercolor or heavy weight card stock, is recommended.
  • Please include username on the back of dolls. (so we know who to give You Rock to!)
  • Make sure they are dry before you mail them so that they don’t stick together.
  • Submit only your best work
  • iTraders will be given when your dolls arrive. iTraders for me and YouRocks for others should be given when you receive your dolls in return.

Mailing Info:
  • When you're ready to mail, please PM me for my address.
  • I WILL PROVIDE THE RETURN ENVELOPES.
  • Please include a LARGE sticky backed clearly written self addressed label (separate piece of paper)
    for your returns

Please include return postage:
  • U.S. Players: please include a Forever stamp
  • International Players: please include $1 USD
  • All players: You can also pay by Paypal. PM me for my info.

Hostess gifts are not required but are always appreciated.

And lastly, Please post photos of your dolls! We love eye candy!

Who wants to play with art dolls??

Received Art Dolls:
Trilov
Kynara
karenr
aaeshelman
suzi
Linda4atc
Lazyshadows

Last edited:
One thing to try: if you color the background a "skin" color, then the art will look like a tattoo! :)

Ohhh dang you really are going to add another new size and template to tease me with??? Your art girls are always soo amazing that any chance to get one keeps me from just saying no to a new size. LOL Would you sign me up please. I will pm my address if you no longer have it.

I had my Christmas 8x8 album displayed, pages open in front of my Chair for the Holidays. It was often open to the page with your girls.

Yes, I'm trying to tease everyone with a new template! LOL

That is such a nice thing to say about the 8x8s. That seemed so long ago but I did have fun with them!

I will add your name to the list.

Neat shape! :D I printed the template and will see if I can participate. Is there any theme for this swap or can I draw on my torsos what I want?

Welcome, prayer_at_night!
They're art dolls, so they should be dolls of some art. Basically, they should have a face. I'll put that in my description to make it more clear!

Neat shape! :D I printed the template and will see if I can participate. Is there any theme for this swap or can I draw on my torsos what I want?

I would love to join! Would you mind if i sent you forever stamps instead of a us dollar or a paypal payment as i am not sure that i can even use it because of the capital controls? :)

Yes, lazyshadows! That'll be just fine!

I would love to join! Would you mind if i sent you forever stamps instead of a us dollar or a paypal payment as i am not sure that i can even use it because of the capital controls? :)

Back
Top Bottom