Game of Clue (Cluedo) inspired Swap v2 Handdrawn/painted or Open Media - Due May 20

Kynara

ATC Guru
Friend of AFA
Media
Swap Due Date – May 20, 2017 (will accept returns received on Monday May 21st)
Signup cutoff date – May 12, 2017
Number of Cards - 3:3 PORTRAIT style (vertical, not horizontal) (will consider opening to 6:6 if we get enough players)
Number of participants – unlimited
Media – HD/HP (Handdrawn/Handpainted) group or MM/Collage Group or Both - please read group descriptions for explanations of each media group

Swapping will be done mostly effort by effort (where possible)

I hosted this swap last year with FABULOUS results! I thought I'd made a swap gallery but never got it finished... I'll get it made and posted as soon as I can and post a link here :)

This year I'm going to change it up and add a Mixed Media group!!
All I ask is that you do not use loose glitter (jelli glitter pens or sakura pens are ok) or any chunky embellishments. They make things very difficult for me, I will return them. I don't like limiting someone's muse but I also don't like glitter all over my desk or mailing chunky cards.

Game of Clue (aka Cluedo)- a popular murder-mystery board game where players must solve the mystery of: who done it, with what, and where?

You will make three cards. All cards should be identified on the front (Bubbles the clown, Knife, Living Room, Kitchen)
-- One card will be the who (person)
-- One card will be the what (weapon)
-- One card will be the where (place)

You will receive back one of each

You to NOT have to stick with the options that came with the game!

-Your person could be anyone (human, non-human, the neighbor's cat) but you must name them on the front of the card. Give them a clever silly name. examples: "Puddles the Cat", "Flora Fauna" (a flower person), etc
-Your weapon can be anything, but please keep it light and/or funny. NO bloody gory stuff allowed. Please identify it on the front of the card. you could use: knife, gun, fish, spoon, the neighbor's cat (being shown thrown at the victim would be hilarious.)
-The "room" could be anywhere as long as it's labeled what it is on the front of the card.

any questions? please feel free to ask

Lets have fun with this!

DON'T LEAVE YOUR BACKGROUNDS PLAIN WHITE ;) make it colored or add details.

Picky Details
*Please measure and cut carefully. I will not accept anything that's more than and eighth of an inch off the correct size.
*Your AFA username (at least) should be on the back of each one. It would be nice to add your location (country or state) and date as well, but it's up to you.
*please protect your artwork in sleeves when you mail. (in case the mail lady neglects to close my mailbox all the way and it rains...) If you don't have any sleeves, plastic wrap works
*Original artwork only please (don't photocopy or scan/print your work and send in the printed out artwork.)
*late cards and/or a lack of a withdraw will result in a neutral. Please ensure you mail on time.

Postage Requirements:

US - clearly write or type your address in black or blue (not a pastel blue...lol) on a mailing label or piece of paper, your address should be at least 1" x 2" - please do not send envelopes! I prefer using my own envelopes. :)
(no return address labels, they're too small)
Please include one .50 (forever) stamp (.71 or 2 forever stamps for collage please - I will return unneeded postage unless told otherwise)
I can also accept Paypal if you prefer that route. PM for Paypal details.

International - clearly write or type your address on a mailing label or piece of paper - I will provide envelopes
please include $1 USD or US Stamp equivalent, Paypal or your own country's postage equivalent for that weight
(I love international postage and can sometimes use them for international swaps :cute: but please don't send me cancelled stamps... those can't be used for international swaps lol)

Please PM me for my address when you are ready to mail. If you post your request for my addy in the thread, I will not see it right away.
I'm still in Dix, IL if you have my addy from a previous swap, but please let me know that you've mailed! (please do not mail to Plainfield, IN, I am no longer there!)

When you receive your returns for the swap, please remember to leave iTrader for the Host (me) so I know you're returns have arrived and you rock (rep points) for each card you receive.

Who'd like to play?

Thanks!

please feel free to post pictures of your cards when you are finished! :)

Last edited:
We have three groups to choose from:

HD/HP (Handdrawn/Handpainted) = the usual pencils, markers, paint, any combination of traditional HD/HP media.
No glued bits n pieces.
This group will send in and receive HD/HP returns.

1. ann_stebbing - returns received
  2. foxglove - returns received
  3. Geonek - returns received
  4. Greenpengirl - returns received
  5. Lemonadelover - returns received
  6. Lost Cities
  7. PaintedChairs - returns received
  8. Plumhill2001 - returns received
  9. poonwugget - returns received
  10. Suzi - returns received
  11. yonawrites - returns received
  12. .
  13. ..

Mixed Media/Collage/Digital
mixed media = can include things like dimensional paste, gel medium with glass beads or sand etc
collage = paper, ephemera n bits glued/decoupaged onto a background of sorts
digital = creating with a computer program such as photoshop and printing out
This group will send in and receive MM/Collage/Digital returns. (please let me know privately if you don't wish to receive one of the three)

Both = this is for those of you who don't want to limit your returns to the media you sent in. You could send in and receive any of the types listed above. Anyone who doesn't specify they want HD/HP only or MM/Collage only will be added to this group (as well as anyone who would like to be here :cute: ).

Last edited:
I LOVE this game (in Australia it is known as Cluedo). Can you add me to Group 3 (happy with anything)?

welcome! i like that, "happy with anything", that would be a good name for that group. hehe

This sounds super fun. Okay if I lurk for HD/HP? I’m trying to make sure I have cards ready before I officially sign up for any swaps.

no problem, i've been trying to do the same thing lately LOL

i rarely sign up before i am done with the cards but this is a fabulous idea! can you add me to both please

Back
Top Bottom