Thread: Trash to Treasure 6 (Stashbuster) - due May 21, 2018

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I really need to start a swap with one of these titles

WTH? can you do with this stuff?

Hoarders Helpers Anon

Take my stash, and love it!
    How about "Play with my Trash". The host starts a list of people who want to play. Each person sends one envelope of their personal trash to the host. She sends an envelope to each person on the list. Haven't worked out the details yet.
    I participated in something similar - only it was a chunky swap and the items were stash, not trash.
    Maybe this would give the people who want to share trash but don't have enough for 20 people.
    ~shirley~ A View Askew

2. Likes CastleQueen5 liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ooh, that's a fun idea.
    Kate North
    http://katesquilting.blogspot.com
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    My APC ad here

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    oh - maybe it needs a naughty sounding title
    "You play with my trash and I will play with yours"
    ~shirley~ A View Askew

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hmm I've send mine out on the 7th ... They should be arriving one of these days - it usually doesn't take THAT long to get there from here. ^^ *always worried until it actually arrives*

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JavaZarf View Post
    How about "Play with my Trash". The host starts a list of people who want to play. Each person sends one envelope of their personal trash to the host. She sends an envelope to each person on the list. Haven't worked out the details yet.
    I participated in something similar - only it was a chunky swap and the items were stash, not trash.
    Maybe this would give the people who want to share trash but don't have enough for 20 people.
    That got me thinking about a yahoogroup I was in years ago.

Dang what was it called? So each month there was a theme. Like Neon, red things, colors mainly it seems. the host would send us a envelope of the items, and we made 3 cards or more. again cant remember. Then when she sent the returns, she sent the next months stuff so we didnt have to pay for postage each month. But we knew the themes ahead of time and we sent in stuff for future months.

Some of the players were awesome artists. I remember on the white theme we got really tiny beads, one person made it snow, and one person made it a broken necklace.

7. Likes nanvan liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    That would be really fun - maybe do a different color a month...

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Aiandoragon View Post
    Hmm I've send mine out on the 7th ... They should be arriving one of these days - it usually doesn't take THAT long to get there from here. ^^ *always worried until it actually arrives*
    I'm sure they'll be here soon - you're right - I wouldn't have expected them to take quite so long as this, but I'm sure it's fine!
    Kate North
    My APC ad here

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    MAIL CALL!

Cards in today from chronicreader, Amapola and Tasha - so I'm only waiting on Aindoragon's cards and then we're good to go. Yay!
    Kate North
    My APC ad here

11. Likes nanvan, Amapola liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by katelnorth View Post
    I'm sure they'll be here soon - you're right - I wouldn't have expected them to take quite so long as this, but I'm sure it's fine!
    I'll be having my fingers crossed ^^ I'll try to upload the pictures today as I haven't been able to do so yet - I always need to edit them first before I can actually upload them due to their size ^^

1. Hello BOOTIFUL Polaroid - Used items: skull head & piece of rose sticker
    28-04-2018 - Hello BOOTIFUL Polaroid - front.jpg
    2. T2T Wanderlust - Used items: map piece & W sticker
    04-2018 - T2T Wanderlust - front.jpg
    3. T2T Silver Cage - Used items: bird cage & floral washi & word on thin card (cherish)
    04-2018 - T2T Silver Cage - front.jpg
    4. Reading mermaid - Used items: map piece & piece of German dictionary & unique item (blue netting)
    03-05-2018 - Reading Mermaid - front part 1.jpg 03-05-2018 - Reading Mermaid - front part 2.jpg
    5. Movie Time - Used items: post stamps & ticket & letter
    can't seem to find it in my phone, will add when found again
    Last edited by Aiandoragon; 05-22-2018 at 06:08 PM. Reason: add pictures

13. Likes nanvan, electricdesigner liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have to resize and edit my photos of my cards too,Aiandoragon.

There have been times when the cards arrive to the hostess before I have to time to edit the photos.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CastleQueen5 View Post
    I have to resize and edit my photos of my cards too,Aiandoragon.

There have been times when the cards arrive to the hostess before I have to time to edit the photos.
    Oh so true - it hasn't happened to me yet, but I can definitely see that happen 20kb is a ridiculous size for pictures. And they lose so much quality when resizing and compressing pics

I do hope my cards are somewhere near the hostess' place right now, they've been on their way for quite a time now... :s

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice set, Aiandoragon. I really like Wanderlust!
    There is a crack in everything. That's how the light gets in. Leonard Cohen

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Those reading mermaids are wonderful!
    Now hosting In Costume!~*~ Curb Appeal ~*~Trash 2 Treasure #8

Living in COLORS !!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Aindoragon, your cards haven't quite arrived yet I still have hopes they'll get here soon, though! I have a few days' grace for mailing this swap out, so I'm going to hang on until the weekend to see if your cards get here - I know you mailed in plenty of time, so I'd like to do what I can to make sure you are included. My last possible mail date to stay within the rules of the forum is the 2nd of June, so I can wait a while longer in the hopes that your cards get here. Everyone else's cards are here ok. Whew.
    Kate North
    My APC ad here

19. Likes nanvan liked this post
    prayer_at_night is offline Elvis Sparkley-Toes, the Christmas Elf
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I adore that reading mermaid! She's so cute and the use of the German dictionary page is so clever and special! *___*
    Keeping my fingers crossed that the cards will arrive safely, and soon.
    Hugs, Sarah

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Still no sign of your cards, Aindoragon. I am beginning to think they may have been lost in transit.

Here's what I'll do: today is Saturday, so we will have post delivery later. Monday is a bank holiday, which means no mail until Tuesday. I'll wait until after mail delivery on Tuesday, which gives two more chances for them to arrive - if they don't, I'm afraid I'll have to swap out without them. Otherwise I won't be able to stay within the limits of the swap deadline guidance.

Of course, if they arrive later, we can work out what to do with them - there may be folks here who would be glad to swap privately.

And of course, you won't get neutral feedback, even if they don't arrive, as you've shown evidence of the cards and mailed them in plenty of time!

Still hoping they'll show today or Tuesday!
    Kate North
    My APC ad here

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Aww, thank you nanvan, Marie and prayer_at_night - I think I love the mermaid one best - and thank you - as soon as I saw that the page included the word land I was trying to think of something to do with that - it didn't turn out as I imagined, but it's still pretty nice

katelnorth, thank you for all the time and effort you put into this I really appreciate it, I was indeed wondering what would happen to iTrader - though of course I still hope they arrive (sadly I have some cards send this way that seem to be lost as well) - I guess I'll have my fingers crossed that they'll still arrive. If not, I hope you won't have any trouble swapping out the cards? Good luck

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'll still wait until after the mail comes tomorrow, just in case, but if they aren't here, there's no reason for me to give you poor iTrader (I've just checked the rules of iTrader and if I don't actually receive your cards, I can't give you positive iTrader for them, so what would happen is I'd just give you no iTrader of any card, so it won't affect your score at all) - the fact that they aren't here clearly isn't your fault - you showed pictures of them, so we all know you made them and you mailed them in plenty of time.

It's just annoying that they haven't arrived.

I had a set of PAT cards not arrived once (that I made) - that's PARTICULARLY annoying because you've specifically made cards for individual people...

Swapping out will be ok - we still have 18 players, not counting you and the player who never received her trash (this swap is clearly doomed, postally - I sure hope all the returns arrive safely!)
    Last edited by katelnorth; 05-28-2018 at 12:50 PM.
    Kate North
    My APC ad here

24. Likes nanvan liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    i think the word doomed is too harsh
    small glitch only
    every swap has them
    every swap!
    ~shirley~ A View Askew

26. Likes nanvan liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Attachment 195614

Good news and bad news...

The bad news is that I'm afraid andoragon's cards still did not arrive today. So I've had to swap out without them.

The good news is that I have swapped out, with some help from my daughter (she's 20 - I'll need to check her pockets later to make sure she hasn't pinched any of my hostess cards!). The hardest part was to choose which of the cards to keep from the many people who kindly made an extra one for me.

I did try to pay attention to people who admired or asked for a particular card, but I can't promise I made note of everyone's preferences. And of course if two people asked for the same card...

I'm pretty sure that no one who asked not to have a skull got one - I was a bit more careful to make note of that.

The cards were all SO amazing; I think you will all be very happy with your returns.

Everything has gone in the post today, so electricdesigner will probably see hers by Thursday and a few other Europeans within the week. Those of you in the US/Canada, it may take a little longer.

Thanks again for playing!

Oh, and it's just possible there's a little more trash in your returns envelopes...
    Kate North
    My APC ad here

28. Thanks prex79, nanvan, BluSkyHare, Tasha thanked this post
    Likes prex79, CastleQueen5, Tasha liked this post