Trash to Treasure 6 (Stashbuster) - due May 21, 2018

katelnorth

ATC Guru
Friend of AFA
Media
RETURNS MAILED OUT 29 MAY 2018
Swap Due Date: 21 May 2018
Please note I am in the UK, so I suggest you allow at LEAST two weeks mailing time.

Media: mixed media collage, including some items sent by hostess
Number of cards: 4:4
Number of Participants – 20 only, sorry.
THIS IS A NO WITHDRAWAL SWAP – Be sure you can truly commit before you sign up!
Trash to Treasure 6: Stashbuster

How it works:

I know that many of you have played in this sort of swap before, but all swaps are different, so please read the rules before committing.

The basic idea is this: Once you are officially signed up and I have your address, I will send you an envelope of goodies. There are 15 items in the envelope. All the envelopes are essentially the same (see here for more detail).These are not so much trash (like in CastleQueen5’s T2T5) as they are leftover bits from my stash. But they are fairly random! You are required to use at least 2 of these items per card. You may of course use more. And you may add what you wish from your own stash.

Now for some details:

Before I sign you up for this swap you must indicate in this thread that you have read and understand the requirements. I will also need your address to mail the initial envelope to. You will only be added to the swap list once you make this statement and send me your mailing address in a pm.

As I am “international” for most of you I don’t want to make things too complicated, so you do not need to send an envelope or postage in advance. I will explain how to cover my postage costs in the return mailing section. Please note that postage costs will be higher than in many swaps.

Due to the nature of the swap, there are a strictly limited number of spaces and many artists want to play, so be sure you know what you are getting into before requesting a space.

Because I have to send something to you first, this will be a no withdrawal swap; I will leave neutral iTrader to those who don’t complete the commitment to this swap.

This is a 4:4 card swap, not 3:3 as many swaps are. A fifth card sent as a hostess card would be welcomed gladly but is not required.

About your cards:

Cards should be a standard ATC size – 2.5x3.5 inches – and on sturdy card stock. In the spirit of using things up, why not recycle greeting cards or cereal boxes (just a suggestion, not required).

Cards may be either portrait or landscape in orientation.

Cards may also be shaped – e.g. houses or dolls – as long as you fit within the ATC size guideline. If you do not wish to receive non-standard shapes in your returns, please state this when you sign up.

You must use at least two items from my envelope per card. I am happy for you to alter the items as you see fit.

Please beware of bulky embellishments which tend to cause problems in postal machines. A little extra weight is not an issue for me as my return stamps allow up to 100g weight, but if they are too thick there are issues.

You should list the items you use on the back of each card. Card backs should also include your AFA username so players can give rep points easily, and the name of the swap.

All cards must be original works, not reprints.

Wherever possible please post photos of your work. This serves three purposes: inspiration/admiration (we like to see cards); verification (I can try to check your cards meet requirements in advance); confirmation (in the unlikely event your cards don’t arrive, I know you’ve made them and don’t have to leave neutral iTrader.)

About mailing:

Please post in the forum when you have mailed.

Please send each card in an individual protective plastic sleeve, or you can use a 3 side by side trading card sleeve. Either way is fine. If you send a sleeve with your name or address label on it, I will do my best to return that sleeve to you with cards inside.

All players should include with their cards for the swap a large address label or self-addressed envelope. And postage as below. If you want to pay by paypal, please pm me for my paypal address when you are ready to pay.

I apologise in advance if postage costs seem higher than you are used to. This is due to the double mailing and the high cost of postage in the UK. I am doing this swap for the fun of it, so I don’t mind spending a little extra, but I did want to note that although this may seem expensive, the amounts I’ve asked for still do not cover my actual costs for players outside the UK.

UK players: Please send two stamps with your cards, one to cover the cost of sending the initial
envelope and one to cover your returns. I will mail initial envelopes second class and returns by whatever stamps you send me.

European Players: $US3 by paypal, $US3 or 3 global forever stamps. If you have access to UK stamps, my postage to you will cost £1.17 initially + £1.57 for returns.

US/Canada/Australia/etc: $US4 by paypal , $US4 in dollar bills or 4 global forever stamps. If you have access to UK stamps, my postage to you will cost £1.40 initially + £2.27 for returns.

About returns:

When you receive your returns, please post in the swap thread that your cards arrived. Then please, leave iTrader for me and rep points for the artists.

Please ask if you have any more questions - I've tried to anticipate them, but there's a lot to think about, I know!

1. CastleQueen5 (USA) - returns received
2. prex79 (USA) - returns received
3. nanvan (Canada) - returns received
4. daphne75 (Netherlands) - returns received

5. prayeratnight (Germany) - returns received
6. pouringdiva (USA) - returns received
7. electric designer (UK) - returns received
8. JavaZarf (USA) - returns received
9. bastcrystal (USA) - returns received
10. huddlestonmollie (USA) - returns received
11. MichelleMC (USA) - trash mailed 15 March but not received :(
12. marie (USA) - returns received
13. amapola (Finland) - returns received

14. dithespy (France)- returns received
15. chronicreader (USA)- returns received
16. bluskyhare (USA) - returns received
17. NYJunkie (USA) - returns received

18. Aiandoragon (Belgium) - cards mailed 7/5 but not received :(
19. Loladog (USA) - returns received
20. Tasha (Russia) - returns received

Last edited:
OK, CQ, you are in. YAY!

If you are an active player in the CCRRR, I will already have your address, so you don't have to PM me - but it's ok, I keep my inbox very slim anyway. :)

One thing I didn't say in the very long intro post is that all the envelopes contain essentially the same "trash". There are slight variations - for example one item is some leftover bits of patterns and words, so each one is different, but they are from the same set - but on the whole they all contain the same things. There are 15 items (though some "items" contain more than one piece). One item, number 15, is a randomly chosen item from my stash - here you might get something unique or there might be 2 or 3 people with a similar item, rather than 20 all the same.

I have read and understood the rules. Please sign me up. I will PM you my mailing address. Really looking forward to getting my T6 stash trash!

Kate, you might want to copy your additional notes on the swap (about how many items we get, etc.) into your lengthy introduction - it's good info to have and newcomers might over look it in the thread?

Welcome nanvan - glad to have you.

I've added a shortened form of that info into my intro with a link - I'm worried I'm going to run out of characters in that post, lol. I was going to put the list of signups in the second post, but javazarf got in there before me. I'm sure it will be ok in the end...

I am so sorry I messed up your plan for the second post.
I really want to join, but I am very behind on my current commitments.

Glad to have you lurking, Bastcrystal - hopefully you will decide to join us...

Javazarf, I'd love to have you, but I sure understand about overcommitting oneself and as this one is a no-withdrawal, I will totally get it if you feel you shouldn't jump in. I made the deadline as far away as I sensibly could, but I know how fast time goes... (Don't worry about the second post, lol, I'm sure I'll manage)

Daphne75, glad to have you with us.

Checking in quickly before work; welcome to prayer at night and pouring diva!

I do check the forum frequently - but please be aware that a)I'm in a different time zone to many of you and b)I can't access the forum easily from my work, so there may be longish gaps when I don't appear to be around. Don't panic!

Welcome, electricdesigner! I've been to the postbox this morning, so your envelope won't go out until tomorrow or Wednesday, but it will speed its way off to you soon. :) It shouldn't take long to get to you anyway, as we are practically neighbours...

Back
Top Bottom