Colour Wheel Play – Open Media - Due May 20th 2018

ann_stebbing

Inactive
Media
Swap Due Date – 20th May 2018
Signup/withdraw date – none, just communicate.
Number of Cards - 3 for 3 or 6 for 6
Number of participants - unlimited
Media – Open, but no photography or chunky embellishments.

I have decided to make this the final one of our Colour Wheel series so I am going to give you a choice of Colour schemes. I have also given you a 6 for 6 option so you could do two or three from each category if you like. You don’t have to have taken part in previous swaps in the series to join in the fun. If you don’t have a colour wheel, there are lots available on the internet.

In this swap you can use any of the following colour schemes. Please write which one you have used on the back of each card.

Analogous colors are groups of three colours that are next to each other on the colour wheel. Red, orange, and red-orange; Purple, red-purple and red; Green, yellow-green and yellow; Blue, blue-green and purple; Blue-green, green and yellow-green are some examples. Some examples will use 4 adjacent colours – I am happy with that also.

Achromatic this colour scheme uses just white, black and all shades of grey, so a graphite drawing would fit the bill.

"Colour wheel art" – just type this into Google images for tons of inspiration.

The cards:
-Each card must be ATC size, exactly 2.5" x 3.5" and on a sturdy base (cardstock, bristol, heavy watercolor paper, chipboard), and sent in its own plastic sleeve.
- Send work into which you put time, imagination and care, and would be happy to receive! I will trade effort for effort so make them your best effort.
- Each card must be original, no copies please.
- Label all cards with at least your real name, AFA username, date, location and name of the swap. A host card is not required but will be a very treasured addition to my growing collection.

Postage/Mailing:
When taping the cards together, just a little washi tape works great to keep them in place when mailing (don’t use ordinary masking tape – it’s a nightmare and ruins the plastic sleeves). Please post in this thread when you are sending your cards out. Some pictures of your efforts would be great inspiration for those still ‘lurking’.

US Players: please send a well concealed $1 ($2 for 6 cards) in with your cards.
Other International Players: Please send $1 ($2 for 6 cards) in your envelope if you have them. Failing that I have finally worked out that I can use Global Forever stamps in future swaps I take part in.
Include a large address label with your address neatly printed. I will provide envelopes.
Please PM me for my address if you need it but I have not moved.

Make sure you allow your cards enough mailing time to get to me, late cards will be returned to the artist, unswapped, at their expense. Lack of communication and lack of ATCs may result in Neutral iTrader. We all understand when life throws unexpected things at us, but please, please communicate.
Players - when you receive your cards for the swap, remember to leave an iTrader for the Host (me) and Rep Points for the people you received cards from – This is optional, but a nice way to say thank you. We all need a little encouragement.

Please write your username and Swap Name on the back of your envelopes.
I will leave iTrader for each player as I receive their cards.

We love eye candy, so do post photos of your cards to the thread for us all to admire.

MicheleMC http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/sho...Media-Due-May-20th-2018&p=1964256#post1964256 returned cards received
Tasha http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/sho...Media-Due-May-20th-2018&p=1964327#post1964327 returns
Donnacr http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/sho...Media-Due-May-20th-2018&p=1969108#post1969108 returns
AmySi http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/sho...Media-Due-May-20th-2018&p=1969961#post1969961 returns

Last edited:
This has me totally intrigued - I have just been browsing the colour wheel samples you gave us the link to. Our house in Melbourne is going to auction at the start of May so I think I had better get cards made before committing.
A very serious lurker for now.

I have had so much fun playing with only 3 colour pencils!! I decided to make cards for 'Colour wheel art' using my Prismacolor pencils and a little fineliner pen.

These will be in the mail tomorrow so I guess that I had better sign up - thanks!

Back
Top Bottom