Jane Austen Swap, open media, due May 31st, 2018

Lurking for now. To be honest, I haven't read Jane Austen...but I like the time period and think it could be fun to make cards for this. Just wondering if it's fair, since I'm not really an Austen fan?

You would certainly be welcome to join, nanvan. I have full confidence in you, even if you aren't an avid Jane devotee. :)

Here’s the cards I made yesterday. If they meet the guidelines, please sign me up! If they are ok, I need to make two more, one for me to keep & another one to send in for a hostess card.

I too have only watched “Persuasion” the movie not read the book. I found the audiobook on YouTube & am listening to it while I make these cards. Yes, the movies leave out a lot!

Nanvan, if you are a romantic, You will love Jane Austen. Perhaps start with one of the movie adaptations?

Oh, Bunnymther! Those are fantastic! You are definitely good to be signed up. Thanks for sharing your wonderful cards. :)

Love your cards Bunnymther, I think they are perfect Austen-style :)! Thanks for the great inspiration!

Here’s the cards I made yesterday. If they meet the guidelines, please sign me up! If they are ok, I need to make two more, one for me to keep & another one to send in for a hostess card.

I too have only watched “Persuasion” the movie not read the book. I found the audiobook on YouTube & am listening to it while I make these cards. Yes, the movies leave out a lot!

Nanvan, if you are a romantic, You will love Jane Austen. Perhaps start with one of the movie adaptations?

I love all of these. It's a good thing I'm not the host, because I'm such an Austen fan, I don't think I could give any of the cards out. It would be so hard to not keep them all!

Okay, inspired by the great art seen here I got into making my cards today :)! So if they are acceptable TSMarie, will you sign me up for the swap and send me your address, please! I went with Pride and Prejudice and the texts are from a book I bought from the thriftstore just for crafting purposes as it was not in so good condition ;)!

Last edited:
Okay, inspired by the great art seen here I got into making my cards today :)! So if they are acceptable TSMarie, will you sign me up for the swap and send me your address, please! I went with Pride and Prejudice and the texts are from a book I bought from the thriftstore just for crafting purposes as it was not in so good condition ;)!

They are absolutely fantastic, Pikkis, and you are definitely good to sign up! Thanks so much for sharing the eye candy! :)

If I someday get to England, I would love to visit Jane Austen's house, which is a museum that bills itself as "the most treasured Austen site in the world." :) Have any of you been lucky enough to visit?

View attachment 194140

I have been to the Jane Austen House in Chawton, in Hampshire. It's lovely. The tea room across the way is called Cassandra's Cup, after her sister.

I've attached a picture I took when I first visited it in January 2000.

Last edited:
I have been to the Jane Austen House in Chawton, in Hampshire. It's lovely. The tea room across the way is called Cassandra's Cup, after her sister.

I've attached a picture I took when I first visited it in January 2000.

Oh my, you lucky lady! I love tea as well, and would certainly visit Cassandra's Cup! :)

Here are the other cards I made for this swap. I’ll be keeping the one on the right. I have thoroughly enjoyed the Jane Austen theme-what a great idea! Love everyone’s cards so far and looking forward to seeing more:huh:

Here are the other cards I made for this swap. I’ll be keeping the one on the right. I have thoroughly enjoyed the Jane Austen theme-what a great idea! Love everyone’s cards so far and looking forward to seeing more:huh:

Such gorgeous cards, Bunnymther! They are all so wonderful! :)

TSMarie - your cards are beautiful - the 2nd one really knocks me out (hint to YOU our hostess)!

I absolutely use comments to help guide swapping. I should have known you'd favor that one since it is also my favorite and you and I seem to have the same taste! :)

Back
Top Bottom