Jane Austen Swap, open media, due May 31st, 2018

Being influenced by pouringdiva, I decided it was time for me to once again visit Persuasian, either through an audiobook or by reading it (I watch the movie periodically and LOVE it). I went to my library's digital resources and this was one of the results for Jane Austen:
View attachment 194443

Despite being an avid reader of fantasy, I cannot help but feel this is sacrilege. Anyone feel differently? Have you read/seen Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, or Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters?

I read about half of P&P and Zombies. it was amusing for about the first third and then it just got repetitive. IMHO and all that :)

Being influenced by pouringdiva, I decided it was time for me to once again visit Persuasian, either through an audiobook or by reading it (I watch the movie periodically and LOVE it). I went to my library's digital resources and this was one of the results for Jane Austen:
View attachment 194443

Despite being an avid reader of fantasy, I cannot help but feel this is sacrilege. Anyone feel differently? Have you read/seen Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, or Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters?

Reactions: ali
~Mail Call!~
CreativeK and Pikkis, your gorgeous cards arrived today!​

Last edited:
View attachment 194443

I have not. I think they would probably annoy me. I've tried to read another novel that spins off from Pride and Prejudice, and wasn't too impressed with that either. Death at Pemberly, maybe? Something like that. The characters felt wrong to me.

I did try Austenland and must admit I thought it was terrible. I think it's been made into a movie now.

What absolutely wonderful cards, nanvan. Seriously, everyone is knocking this swap out of the park!

Any more Jane enthusiasts out there? With the swap deadline still more than a month away, there is plenty of time to play!

TSMarie - I noticed that there aren't many of us on the 'official' sign up list, but there were several people lurking who haven't joined yet - maybe contact some of them to see if they would like to play? I think there's still time?

Back
Top Bottom