Jane Austen Swap, open media, due May 31st, 2018

TSMarie - I noticed that there aren't many of us on the 'official' sign up list, but there were several people lurking who haven't joined yet - maybe contact some of them to see if they would like to play? I think there's still time?

This is indeed a smaller swap, but there is definitely still time to join. I would love to see some of our lurkers join up, but I haven't sent any invites to anyone. I've read that some folks consider invites to be like spam, since presumably if they're interested they will join on their own. Other folks don't seem to mind invites, but I've always erred in the side of caution. :)

This is indeed a smaller swap, but there is definitely still time to join. I would love to see some of our lurkers join up, but I haven't sent any invites to anyone. I've read that some folks consider invites to be like spam, since presumably if they're interested they will join on their own. Other folks don't seem to mind invites, but I've always erred in the side of caution. :)

It was just a thought. Personally, I don't mind an invite, in fact, I feel flattered that someone would like me to participate enough to send me a PM, but I completely understand and respect your perspective. We may be a small group but all the cards are wonderful!

It was just a thought. Personally, I don't mind an invite, in fact, I feel flattered that someone would like me to participate enough to send me a PM, but I completely understand and respect your perspective. We may be a small group but all the cards are wonderful!

I personally don't mind invites as well! :)

In case anyone is keeping track :) I personally don't mind invites either - partly because it's flattering to be invited - at least you know people like the cards you make - but also because sometimes I'm really busy and don't have time to check out newly posted swaps, so it's nice to have a heads up. You can always just ignore the invite if you aren't interested, right?

But I totally get erring on the side of caution, and as a hostess don't usually send invites myself. The exception being if I've been involved in a conversation about a certain kind of swap somewhere and then decide to host one, I might pm the people who were interested in it from the other place, so they don't miss it...

Jane in the news:

Back in 2012, Kelly Clarkson bought a turquoise ring originally owned by Jane Austen after outbidding the Jane Austen's House Museum. The auction made headlines and resulted in a temporary stay of export on the ring, which was deemed a national treasure. The museum was able to raise the funds and keep the ring, which is now on display at the museum!
View attachment 195072

Love your cards, zandradee! I love the quotes you used - I thought of using some of those myself...my favourites are the first one (Nobody minds having what is too good for them) and the last (Think only of the past as its remembrance gives you pleasure!

Back
Top Bottom