Found Poetry Swap, mixed media, due May 24th, 2018

View attachment 194394 "Nothing could be more different from her father's wise words, 'You're given the form but you have to write the sonnet yourself. Be delighted with it, deeply absorbed, daring and hopeful' "

Acrylic paint, paper napkin, texture paste, acrylic gloss.

View attachment 194395 "A young man, for his own love, he wanted it to be beautiful, immediate but surprising, swept away on an adventure across time and space"

Acrylic paint, paper napkin, texture paste, acrylic gloss.

I made some cards back in March but needed time to edit and resize the photos. Hubby is home from the hospital so now I dont have to run up there everyday and keep him company.

Dithespys awesome words made me think to post my "paling by comparison words,"

I really loved this dog card, and the bird card. I am fairly sure I was trying to use credit card junk mailings for all my cards, but the bird and the dog card was from a book A feast for crows. It has great words. Both backgrounds are acrylic paints on papertowel on top of chipboard of course. The bird was cut from a starbucks coffee sleeve, and run through my die cut machine. So I do own the die if anyone wants a bird or two sometime.

These two are most certainly from the words of a credit card junk mail offer. I really dont like these 2 as much. Someone sent me the the girl image and I was trying to see how I could use it. I am not into that style all that much, but it does seem to work with the words and the bling.

The other card I cant even find, I though I only made 3. I am sure I will find it when I clean up my desk. I have the other 3 in an envelop ready to mail. I was waiting for me to make a 4th. DUH I did. Since hubby is home I will have more time to play in my craft room.

Last edited:
Great cards both of you :)

CQ, I'd be happy to have some of those bird die cuts. If I had three, I could use them for round robins. Just sayin' ;)

Sure thing, expect them in your next mailing from me. I will do a set from coffee sleeves, a set from security paper and not sure what I will do for a 3rd, but I have lots of scrap papers to use up.

Dithespy and CQ5, those are all so wonderful! I am so impressed with everyone's artistic creativity. These are going to be so fun to swap out!

Dithespy - great poetry (ditto everything CQ5 said)! My favourite is #3!

CQ5 - I love your cards, too - that dog is really cute! But my favourite is the last one - One Time Personal Crusade - it resonates with me; guess I'm in need of a crusade!

Yesterday, I was packing up the clothing bank portion of our food bank. When I was putting away the folding chairs I found a magazine under a chair, and I had already packed up all the books and clothes. SOOOO>>>>> I took it home, after flipping through it to see if it would be useful. Some awesome words, it was a religious magazine and hmmm about.... Now I have to go look. Ok found it. It was a Lutheran mini mag, and it has some awesome words: speak in whispered tones, gratitude, neighbor, challenges, universal, genuinely, messy broken, beloved. And that is just one paragraph on one page.

SOOOOO hey I posted those four cards to my gallery as available for trade, and I am going to begin again.

Last edited:
I like the idea of stockpiling words in a little plastic container like a butter tub. When I did mine, I stuffed all my extras in a Ziploc, but I worry they'll get smooshed in the shoe box of supplies I keep everything in.

Last edited:
dithespy, love all your cards, but especially the green one--not JUST because it's green, but I like the poetry very much!
CQ, great cards, too! Very playful.
And speaking of playful--roadbike--I can tell that you had fun making your excellent cards!

Great first couple of cards, roadbike! I love using recycled materials in my ATCs, and I think I spy some cardboard backgrounds on yours! ;)

Back
Top Bottom