Found Poetry Swap, mixed media, due May 24th, 2018

I'll answer my own question ! YES, it can be that hard. Spent ages but I'm obviously no poet. I'll just continue to lurk and enjoy the eye candy and maybe learn a thing or two about poetry.

I'll start with one page of text and cut out interesting words or phrases. Then I try to arrange them in an interesting way, adding other words here and there. If I'm not finding anything I like, I'll start over with another page. It's almost like working on the composition of an atc. Try it one way, then another, add a bit, remove a bit, until you like it. :)

Found poetry enhances the art on a card.
You might want to plan at least the focal point for a card first and then use your words and phrases to complement that card.
Just my opinion, not a rule.

Really good advice being given here! I've had some success with found poetry in the past, but yesterday I stared at magazine pages for hours and couldn't find anything especially meaningful to me. Just my luck (or lack of it) this time around... I hate to do this, but I think I might sit this one out. Please withdraw my name from your list, TSMarie. I'm sorry...

Really good advice being given here! I've had some success with found poetry in the past, but yesterday I stared at magazine pages for hours and couldn't find anything especially meaningful to me. Just my luck (or lack of it) this time around... I hate to do this, but I think I might sit this one out. Please withdraw my name from your list, TSMarie. I'm sorry...

Lalka, what about buying a cheap used novel at a thrift store or a library sale?

Will do, Lalka, while still hoping that you find your muse. :)

Wow, Anitamac, those cards are unbelievably awesome and so inspiring!!! The second and fourth are my favorites, but I love them all... thanks so much for sharing them here, I already have some new ideas to get me going :)

Back
Top Bottom