Found Poetry Swap, mixed media, due May 24th, 2018

Here are my cards for the swap. I'll try to get them in the mail on Tuesday (after Easter Monday), but will post in the thread to confirm when they've been mailed.

Fantastic cards, nanavan! Love them all!

I have a cabinet of damaged books, I could share with MANY MANY of you, and the universe. I just got a book in Chinese. I have been trying to paint the pages with leftover Easter egg dyes. MEH! but the dyes are looking great on some paper towels. I am going to try some store receipts next.

I actually love non fiction books for found poetry as well. I had a history of garment making book that was fabulous..... can I remember where I put it.... no. This time around I used some donated pages from what must be a novel of some sort, very angsty, I think that contributed to the oddness of the found poetry on my cards, I did manage to find some really cool words though!

Just need to scan them so I can put them up.

I actually love non fiction books for found poetry as well. I had a history of garment making book that was fabulous..... can I remember where I put it.... no. This time around I used some donated pages from what must be a novel of some sort, very angsty, I think that contributed to the oddness of the found poetry on my cards, I did manage to find some really cool words though!

Just need to scan them so I can put them up.

I used text from 2 non-fiction books - one about angels (well maybe fiction?) and one a compilation of people's stories about individuals who made a difference in their lives. Both purchased from a thrift store for the purpose of using the text for found poetry cards. I just look for interesting phrases. This was my first found poetry and it was a lot of fun!

Rights, here are mine :)

The backgrounds are all a small part of an old analogue photo of mine i took as part of a film swap a few years ago. It has been emulsion transferred onto fabric and then I worked on top of it with the found poetry and B&W micron pens.

The photo is a double exposure of a fence in my own village and a scene in antwerp, if I remember correctly. I used a try-colour filter to get the colour shifts when I took the photo.

View attachment 194077
View attachment 194078

Rights, here are mine :)

The backgrounds are all a small part of an old analogue photo of mine i took as part of a film swap a few years ago. It has been emulsion transferred onto fabric and then I worked on top of it with the found poetry and B&W micron pens.

The photo is a double exposure of a fence in my own village and a scene in antwerp, if I remember correctly. I used a try-colour filter to get the colour shifts when I took the photo.

View attachment 194077
View attachment 194078

Those are so interesting! What a great background technique!

Woohoo, nanvan--I love your cards, too! Great job! I love the last two, but they are all so mystical--right up my alley. :)
asharnane--love the colors of your cards--I can't read the poetry, but love the photo you used!
I hope to post and mail mine by the weekend.

asharnane....I can't read the poetry......

hehe, yeah it is a bit eye waveringly small there, here are the words :)

Top left: Before, glamorous reality. to cast-off the past? passionate ecstasy according to her own desire? recognise new liberation face forward, the undiscovered utterly unreal.

Top right:Strange, what a void hallucination. unknown, the unexplored, the undiscovered failed and broken down. Infinite and out of Eternity landed, alone, she herself belonged. a memory, poignant affection some bygone self.

Base left: Who are you, to feel righteous? What do you govern such a nothingness, but joy dead and mean you don't feel. Now, uttered in hard knowledge, neither heard nor saw helplessness, against you, made worthless. What does it mean trammelled and entangled cast off into oblivion. This grew and grew all husk and shell to root in new ground, into growth.

Base Right: Once she said, 'I shall be glad acquiescing in some- inscrutable trees democracy.' A hard blind resistance possessed who are best chosen to rule? that anybody is my equal I know I am better she cried, in a passion.

Thanks for posting! I think the top right is my favorite, but they're all wonderful!

Yesterday I Painted pages from a Chinese book with left over easter egg dyes. It is very faint. I will be making one Chinese found poetry card as a funny card, cause I cant read it anyway. I might be saying I am a donut. The book theme seems to be about a man in the chinese army during world war II

Back
Top Bottom