Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Envie Addicts Unite! April

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Alert! We have two fresh posts...

Creation A Day

Surprise...Tomorrow Is Now Today!
    If I haven't said thank you for a kind comment, please know that they are very much appreciated.
    Envie Addicts Unite! July
    Instagram
    A Mynah Production blog

2. Thanks Syklops thanked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kwailin777 View Post
    I've got Butter Face pinned up!
    Now there's something you don't get to write every day!
    Now taking flight: The Winged Heart Swap!

My Website: lifeofnanner.com My Instagram: #lifeofnanner

4. Likes notinkansas, kwailin777 liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Addicts! Just another couple of shares. First, did you know that Jane Davenport has a new book out? If you loved her first book, you'll love this one too. Here's a vid of her sharing a little bit about the book...

Jane Davenport "Whimsical Figures"

The second thing that I wanted to show you was this tut on making small art books/journals. I especially like the matchbook style notepad. Take a look...

Video/tut by Jordan Clark

If I haven't said thank you for a kind comment, please know that they are very much appreciated.
    Instagram
    A Mynah Production blog

6. Thanks Syklops thanked this post
    Likes Miss M liked this post
    LindyLu is offline I'm tired but I keep chugging along:)
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I loved both of thos tuts. I agree that the matchbook ones are very intriguing. I think one could use them as a 'domino type' book, with pics, etc. to just flip through. Hmmmm..... and I'm definitely buying the Jane Davenport book. I can't draw figures & she has such an easy to follow method that there just might be some hope for me
    LindyLu
    I have ATC's & Rolos available for trade

We Will Rise Above This !

8. Likes kwailin777 liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's so quiet here! Anybody working on any special projects? How 'bout new art supplies? Anyone buy something new? Is it any good?
    Instagram
    A Mynah Production blog

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe one of you can help me. I found a video that's not in English...It might be Spanish? I'm not sure...but I like a technique she's using for Brusho/Infusions...but I don't know what she's using to make the effect. The item she's using shows up at the 1:40 mark. Does anyone know what it is? ...and hmm...maybe it's in French?

Tuto Infusion Paperartsy
    Instagram
    A Mynah Production blog

11. Likes Miss M liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mel, she shows you what it is at 2:46....some kind of DecoArt glazing product. i.e. should translate to a Dec Art Gloss Varnish (if you google "decoart glanz lack"). If she's using that, you can probably use any kind of glazing medium (i.e. liquitex has one) or gloss varnish. I'd personally be hesitant to put a gloss varnish, as technically nothing adheres to a gloss varnish, so you couldn't put anything on top of it.
    Come on over and check out the HD/HP Round Robin Group!
    The Magnifient Moley Collective : instagram
    My available atcs
    You can't use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have. - Maya Angelou

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Miss M!! ...but dang...a bummer not to be able to put anything on top...
    Instagram
    A Mynah Production blog

14. Likes Miss M liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mine is done! And will mail this afternoon

16. Likes janina, kwailin777 liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's so quiet here! Anybody working on any special projects? How 'bout new art supplies? Anyone buy something new? Is it any good?
    Hi, all! It was a super sunny and lovely day here, so I planted a ton of plants that I got at the Armstrong Nursery sale yesterday. I cannot resist a plant sale! Hope Spring is springing up for all of our EAU'ers.
    Now taking flight: The Winged Heart Swap!

My Website: lifeofnanner.com My Instagram: #lifeofnanner

18. Likes Miss M, kwailin777, janina liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've been finishing up my Jenga blocks getting them ready to finally mail for prex79 's Jenga block swap. We had a beautiful 70 degree day yesterday. I arrived at work at 3 and by boss said "It's a beautiful day does anyone want to lea....." and my had shot up like a rocket, as did everyone else's. I said, "my hand went up first" - lol. So she gave me the heave ho thumb signal and I was out of there and on my way back home faster that a blink. We had extra people there so she let two leave right off. That never happens. Ever. I soaked up the 70 degree temps like a sponge but at the same time they were broadcasting winter storm warnings for the weekend. Talk about extremes. Crazy.

20. Likes kwailin777, Syklops liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    This last week has been a beautiful spring week, and the snow mould has finally subsided enough I feel human again....and today we are waiting for a 20cm snow dump with freezing rain But I'm still holding out hope for spring!
    Come on over and check out the HD/HP Round Robin Group!
    The Magnifient Moley Collective : instagram
    My available atcs
    You can't use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have. - Maya Angelou

22. Likes kwailin777, janina liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    The weather here is nice as well...and yes...we're suppose to go back to a couple days rain and cold...but that's my favorite kind of weather! (I know, I'm weird.) Tomorrow I go back to work after being away for 2 weeks. It feels so weird to be away that long. Anywho, today I'm gonna give it an art try...I haven't been able to do any crafts for a while. It's the to try out all the stuff I bought...I guess if you can craft...you buy a bunch of stuff to do it later!! LOL!
    Instagram
    A Mynah Production blog

24. Likes janina, Miss M liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Addicts! I'm not sure what to share, so I'll just show ya some pretty tag's Hope it inspires!

From Scrapbook.com

No link

From Robin Marie Smith

Instagram
    A Mynah Production blog

26. Thanks janina, Syklops thanked this post
    Likes nightowl_too, Miss M liked this post
    LindyLu is offline I'm tired but I keep chugging along:)
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cold, wet & windy here in SW WA but we have our gas fireplace on & it feels kind of cozy.

Those tags are beautiful & very inspiring. I'm in a creative slump so I'm looking for ways to perk up my muse.

After watching the Brusho tut I was inspired to try a "what if" using grated soft pastels (chalk) mixed with a bit of glaze medium & see what happens. I'll do that today & show you the results.

Note: I'm really suposed to be cleaning the blinds today, but I feel that when an art idea strikes one must act before it disappears. The dust on the blinds is going nowhere & it will just sit there waiting patiently for me to show up.

UPDATE: The result of scraped chalk mixed with Fantastic Glaze & Glue, a product I found at a stamp show. I think you can only get it online from the company. www.CraftFantastic.com. chalk-&-glaze-test452.jpg I tried chalk with acrylic extender but that stuff will never dry fast enough to work with. Tha Fantastic Glaze leaves a smooth surface that will still take micron pens & white UniBal gel pen. It instantly seals the chalk & with a spritz of water it will get a watercolor effect.
    Last edited by LindyLu; 04-14-2018 at 12:26 PM. Reason: add text & picture
    LindyLu
    I have ATC's & Rolos available for trade

We Will Rise Above This !

28. Likes janina, Syklops, kwailin777, Miss M, SunTrade liked this post
    Gemininorn is offline Corrupting thought with language...
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was already blown away when- a while back- Mel told us how she made a fish envie with powdered pigment (I think, I just distinctly remember the fish was blue and awesome) and I had never seen those used before. So I won’t be of any help solving the “product mystery”

Mel I can assure you that you are not weird, you are suffering from allergies, so of course you would prefer cooler and wetter weather over pollen spreading hotties

I have been very busy with easter holidays, now the first week back to school with lots of errands that had to wait through the holidays, and I can happily announce I only have 26 cards to go until I have my Tarot deck finished. I have the Major Arcana, the suit of Swords and the suit of Cups done, 52 cards of 78 already finished.
    Reality exists in the human mind, and nowhere else > George Orwell, 1984
    http://gemininorn.blogspot.ie

30. Likes Syklops, kwailin777, Miss M, Nicky liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I certainly wanna try now...using different mediums with Brusho and other water soluble mediums. It's great to experiment!

Gem, 78 cards! That's a tall order...and you have so many completed! I don't think I would have made it past ten cards LOL!
    Instagram
    A Mynah Production blog

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Miss M!! ...but dang...a bummer not to be able to put anything on top...
    kwailin= at 5:20 in the video she used a water brush and a Minimister with water...
    Ann

33. Thanks kwailin777 thanked this post
    Likes kwailin777 liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    The envie for Ann is on its way to Germany
    Hope she likes it.

Gemininorn is offline Corrupting thought with language...
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gem, 78 cards! That's a tall order...and you have so many completed! I don't think I would have made it past ten cards LOL!
    Well, I started this 3 years ago in February, so it’s not that I would be a fast worker. I hardly did any cards last year for example.
    Reality exists in the human mind, and nowhere else > George Orwell, 1984
    http://gemininorn.blogspot.ie

36. Likes janina, Miss M, kwailin777 liked this post