Six Word Stories - due May 31

Marie

Marie
Media
Swap Due Date – May 31, 2018
No sign up/withdrawal date, but please communicate!
Number of Cards - 3:3 or 6:6
Number of Participants - Unlimited
Open Media-- HD/HP, Digital, Collage, Stamp,Spray paint, Etc....

Six Word Stories!

I participated in a Six Word Story swap, hosted by mrubyjean, last year and I loved it! She’s got some other ideas on her artists palette right now, so with her blessing I’m hosting this swap in hopes that other folks will enjoy the challenge of creating and illustrating six word story ATCs as much as I did.

A Little History ~ in the 1920s, Ernest Hemingway’s colleagues bet him that he couldn’t write a complete story in just six words. They paid up… and Hemingway is said to have considered it his best work; here is the story :

For sale: baby shoes, never worn. ~ Ernest Hemingway

Very short stories like this one are fascinating in their ability to make an emotional impact in so few words! With this swap, you get to create your story in six words then add art images, in any medium, to enhance the emotional impact!

Here are a few examples of some clever six word micro-fiction[/URL].
And here ais a link to more six word stories
There are more to be found on Pinterest, to help inspire you to create your own.

Swap Requirements ~
* All cards should be standard 3.5” x 2.5”
* This swap is 3 for 3 or 6:6 only. An extra card for the host is welcome, but completely optional.
* All cards must be original, and different from each other.
* Make sure cards are well-glued and sealed.
* Show off your talents. Send work that shows thought and care.
* Please do not use stickers .
* Use only light embellishments and make sure your cards fit in plastic sleeves.

Mailing Information ~
* Include username, real name, your state/country and the swap name on the back of all cards - and put username and swap name on all envelopes sent.
* US Participants – Please include a clearly written SASE or forever postage (1 stamp for 3 cards / 2 stamps for 6 cards) and a LARGE mailing label. I will provide an envelope.
* International Participants - Please send a clearly-addressed envelope or mailing label and a well-concealed U.S. $1 for three cards or $2 for six cards. You may also contact me for my PayPal information if that is easier for you.

Please send a PM for my address when you are ready to mail your cards. Please post in this thread when you are sending your cards out, that way I can keep track of the cards when they were mailed. Any late cards will be admired and returned to you.

When you receive your returns, please leave I-Trader for your swap host and rep points for the artists of the cards you receive. People like to know where their little artworks find homes!

Here are a few cards from last years Swap:

View attachment 194122(Atempleman)View attachment 194119 (Hem18) View attachment 194120(Marie) View attachment 194121(Marie) View attachment 194123 (Marie)

What story will you tell in 6 little words?

Who wants to create tiny stories with me?

1. Anni ~Received :-)
2. aaeshelman ~Received :-)
3. litefoot13 ~Received :-)
4. miss ~Received :-)
5. Allegrae ~Received :-)
6. dithespy ~Received :-)
7. roadbike831 ~Received :-)
8. Beauty Hides Pain ~Received :-)
9. Carol ~Received :-)
10. CastleQueen5 ~Received :-)
11. AngelJoy ~Received :-)
12. redplantlady ~Received :-)
13. Spirit Soul ~Received :-)
14. ali ~Received :-)
15. Rlaughy ~Received :-)
16. mwilding ~Received :-)
17. amyfaerie
18. Bunnymther ~Received :-)
19. BluSkyHare ~Received :-)
20. poonwugget ~Received :-)
21. SuzieG1013 ~Received :-)
22. NYJunkie ~Received :-)
23. Haagmm ~Received :-)
24. AmySi ~Received :-)
25. Britex~Received :-)
26. Ladyday ~Received :-)
27. JazzEars ~Received :-)
28. Bluesky ~Received :-)
29. Yonawrites ~Received :-)

Last edited:
I love this idea! Can I play? Not sure what's going on with the links tho. They won't open for me...yet.

Welcome Anni! So glad to have you. Links are working now. :-)
Hello and welcome also aaeshelman. Looking forward to story crafting with both of you. :-)

You’re welcome to lurk ferretgirl. I’ll post some pics from last years Swap tomorrow. Then we’ll all have something to get our creative wheels turning. :-)

Yay Nanvan!! Glad to have you join us!
And woohoo! Welcome artistwannabe ! This is indeed an exciting swap. So glad you’re joining in. I love 6 word stories.
:-) I think you will too!

Hey Allegrae! Didn’t see you slip in there! Oh yay!!!! So glad to have you! This is going to be a great swap!

Lurking for now, but I admit I have not been able to stop composing 6-word stories today! I'll see how my time goes and shoot for joining the swap.

You know you are roadbike831! Happy to be doing another swap with you! :-)
I’ll add you to the list now.

Back
Top Bottom