Classic Fairy tale characters handdrawn/handpainted due June 05

I got my cards all ready to go out in the morning! Ill send you money in paypal in about a week when I get some money. This was a very fun topic I love all the submissions Ive seen so far!

I love the Hansel and Gretel card. It reminds me of the brother and sister from A Series of Unfortunate Events! :D

I am not happy with the U.S.postal service.
My apologies in advance if this sounds like a rant. I just wonder if it's my post office or if it's everywhere.
I took my cards (in a small, business-size envelope) to be posted to England. I've never sent anything to England so I had no idea what to expect.
me to nice lady behind the counter "About when will they receive it?"
lady: "I don't know."
me (looking confused): "You don't know how long it will take to get there?"
lady: "No. Let me check Priority Mail for you. If you send it Priority it can be there in 10 business days." Looks at computer. "Ah, it looks like the cost of Priority mail is $35.00"
I must have looked at her with my mouth hanging open or something because she just smiled and charged me the $1.50 for normal postage and took my letter.
I hope my cards get there in time and apologize in advance if they don't. I had no idea that there is no such thing as First Class mail any more.
But honestly, the USPS doesn't know how long it takes for them to do their job?
sigh.

I had no idea that there is no such thing as First Class mail any more.
But honestly, the USPS doesn't know how long it takes for them to do their job?

You sent it first class mail. First class mail from the US to the UK usually takes 5-10 days. Of course there tends to be a higher chance of letters going astray when they're going overseas, which might be why the postal clerk didn't want to commit to giving you an exact time. Or else she was just clueless, as some postal clerks are :huh: Either way, your cards should probably arrive in time.

In the mail:
View attachment 195399View attachment 195400View attachment 195402View attachment 195401

Goldilocks (from Goldilocks and the Three Bears)
The Good Sister (from The Fairy)
The Sister (from The Six Swans)
Poor Servant Girl (from The Old Woman in the Wood)

One thing I found out about Grimm Fairy Tales (and H.C.A, too!) is that women heroines rarely have names. At least they didn't in the versions I read!

Hmm I thought the Six Swans one was banned as it was not so well known - loved the card though - it's one of my favorite stories ^^ In the book I have (and the cd as well) the sister from The Six Swans is called Elisa. I'm not sure about the other ones though, but I noticed the same kind of applies to the males as well ^^ For example the protagonist from *the Tinderbox?* is just constantly called soldier and the protagonist of *What father does is always right* is always refered to as the farmer ;) (I wasn't able to finish/even start on my cards so I have just enjoyed all the cards being made here :)

I especially loved your cards from the fairy and the six swans, Good job! ^^

So I just found out that Paypal wants to charge a $2 fee just to send someone who isnt in the US $2 lol. So I just wanted to warn people if they want to use paypal to do a US > UK transaction (even sending money to friends) paypal wants to charge a pretty hefty fee for such a small amount !

Edit: I know ive sent you money paypal before and it never charged a fee, Just wanted to give people a heads up!

Hmm I thought the Six Swans one was banned as it was not so well known - loved the card though - it's one of my favorite stories ^^ In the book I have (and the cd as well) the sister from The Six Swans is called Elisa. I'm not sure about the other ones though, but I noticed the same kind of applies to the males as well ^^ For example the protagonist from *the Tinderbox?* is just constantly called soldier and the protagonist of *What father does is always right* is always refered to as the farmer ;) (I wasn't able to finish/even start on my cards so I have just enjoyed all the cards being made here :)

I especially loved your cards from the fairy and the six swans, Good job! ^^

I did not say cards were 'banned' just that I'd prefer people send cards from well known fairytales if possible.
Some fairy tales may be well known in the USA and not the UK/Europe or other countries, so individuals need to make their own choice of what is a classic/well known fairytale.

Last edited:
I will swap out promptly on the 5th or as soon as lazyshadows cards arrive. I have not heard from remaining players so presume cards have not been sent. Please update me if this is incorrect.

Back
Top Bottom