Fantasy Faces, Open Media, Date Dute: June 13, 2018

Welcome and congratulations, Lalka, for stepping out of your comfort zone and joining the swap!

Good to see you lurking, Stahlrala.

Two cards done!!! The second card is made using a photo I took of my daughter about two years ago when she returned home after a day of rehearsal for "The Nutcracker". I was struck by the intensity of her stage make-up. She was tired but I successfully coaxed her to stand by a window for a picture... yay me! Today, I can't find a rooftop high enough to brag that she was awarded a research fellowship award for her study in environmental sustainability at her university!!! (A proud "mom moment"... we just heard news of it a few days ago!)
View attachment 194493View attachment 194492

Yes, AngelJoy, they are quite imaginative and fine for this swap...fantasy, like life, does have a dark side.

Are we allowed to have some of the body, like upper torso, arms in the drawing or strictly close-up of the face? Thanks

Lurking! Would intuitive watercolor style portraits work? Where you sort of let the paint flow..then after it dries find the face?

Sure, Ethereal Sheep, any media, style or technique is fine...as long as, to you, there are magical or otherwordly qualities or features to the finished faces.

Back
Top Bottom