Beeswax and napkins Due date: June 17

Donnacr

ATC Guru
Friend of AFA
Media
Albums
Due Date: June 17
postage date for non-Australians: May 27
I live in Australia - mail will NOT reach me quickly! I normally allow 3 weeks when mailing my swaps to anywhere else in the world - I suggest that you do the same.
cards: 3 for 3
participants: unlimited

All cards mailed on Friday June 22

I love the look and smell of cards made using beeswax. It allows you to layer pieces with almost a see through effect - if I want a section to show up clearer or have deeper colours I will simply add a 2nd layer on top of the first. You can sprinkle glitter while the wax is still hot and sandwich it between layers of wax, also small sequins or beads. You can embellish with glitter glue (wings in my 1st example below), Liquid pearls or Stickles, saying stickers (as in my 2nd example), etc on top of the cool wax.
You need to remove the excess layers of the napkin for best results but you then have the white backing for stamping on and layering on your napkins (the fairy body in my 1st example). Use the napkin(s) as background to die cuts, etc

View attachment 195135
These are examples from my current Gallery.
If you click on the 'Gallery' bubble at the top of this page and then on the 'Search' button in the black bar under this you will come to a new page. Enter 'Beeswax' in the Keyword box at the top of this new page, make sure that 'All categories' is highlighted, and click 'Search now' at the bottom of the page. Nearly 500 examples will then appear made by a variety of people. Enjoy browsing through here for inspiration.

There is a link in post #8 to mrubyjean's wonderful tutorial on how to get started - this is how I got started (beware - it is HIGHLY addictive, and a LOT of fun!)

Due date:
Cards are to be in my hands by June 17. I will mail your return cards as soon as possible, but remember, it took up to 3 weeks to reach me so they will take up to 3 weeks to reach you. Please be on time so others don't have to wait.

Postage:
Australian players
- please include a stamp equivalent to your postage

International players - a well hidden US$1 bill.

ALL players please include a LARGE address label (AT LEAST 2" x2"), I will provide envelopes and Australian postage

1. Do your best work - I plan to swap like-for-like, as much as I can.

2。Clearly write your USERNAME and the SWAP NAME on the back of all your cards (so you can get fun rep points)
and on the back of your mailing envelope.
I am running a few swaps and do not want to put you with the wrong returns.

3. Please mail early to allow time to reach Australia.

4. An extra card for the swap host (in line with the swap theme) is greatly appreciated but is not required.

5. Embellishments are fine. The completed card needs to fit into standard pockets and the embellishments need to be securely fastened so they don't fall off during shipping. If it is too bulky it is more than likely that the card may not reach me - either because the envelope has been torn and the card lost, or it is too heavy.

6. Have fun!!

7. I will give iTrader feedback when I receive your cards, and will also update this post showing that your cards have arrived. In return I encourage you to give iTrader host feedback to me when you receive your swap returns, and Rep points for the artists whose cards you receive. After all, knowing where your cards went is half the fun I think.

PLAYERS
0. donnacr
1. Amapola - withdrawn
2. mrubyjean - returned
3. cinlan - returned
4. OldsLady1992 - withdrew
5. electricdesigner - returned

6. Ancient Planter - returned
7. Bunnymther - returned

Last edited:
Oh, tempting Donna! I haven't played with beeswax for a bit and am due. :) Lurking for now.

HHC - that was how I felt and so I started this swap. Have fun playing and come and join us later. . . my lurkers' couch is very comfortable so don't drip wax on it ;)

Reactions: HHC
How lovely, Donna, I too have been hoping for a beeswax swap. I think I can safely say that I have time for this after some other commitments, so I'm happy to be the first one to sign up!

Thanks for posting that link Amapola - I also learnt how to do this from mrubyjean.
I no longer look at napkins as functional - I look for their colours and patterns and how would they fit on an ATC? :D

I do hope that you come back
ann_stebbing.
I find making cards with beeswax very relaxing and forgiving as you can lift your latest piece of napkin/paper right off again if you don't like it and the wax is still soft - rather like washi paper.

Welcome to the lady who introduced me to this wonderful technique mrubyjean

welcome also to cinlan and OldsLady1992. ​More addicts coming to join us - this will be a great swap!

electricdesigner - I would never have guessed that these were your first tries at this technique. I thought that I was going to claim the first card for my Host gift (my favourite colour - red) but then I kept looking. . .
I have signed you up.
Do you need my Varsity Lakes address?

Thanks for the invite, Donnacr. I DID see your swap earlier, and was intrigued, but I don't know how/haven't before used beeswax....Don't know if I have the tools. That being said, we are cleaning out my mom-in-laws apartment and found a huge cache of beeswax candles, so....maybe I'll search for some tutorial videos.... :)

Thanks for the invite. I have longed to try this technique & you have given me a little push! Just ordered my cute little craft iron. Now off to find some beeswax! Sitting on the edge of the lurkers couch for now...

Back
Top Bottom