Beeswax and napkins Due date: June 17

cinlan - your cards are beautiful! My favourite has to be the dragonflies. Great way to finish them with the saying stamps - what ink do you use?

BluSkyHare - Amapola has given the link to mrubyjean's wonderful tutorial on this site in post #8. That is how I learnt to do this.

Bunnymther - glad to be of assistance in starting a new love. I had a lot of trouble finding pure beeswax in Melbourne until I tried a shop that sold school art supplies - problem solved. But, then again, we have nothing like Michaels and those other craft stores I am so jealous of :D Hope to see you

Welcome Ancient PlanterI know exactly what you mean- I am still REfinding things that I put away simply to get them out of boxes. Glad you found those supplies.
cinlan - thanks for the info
BluSkyHare ​- sorry to miss you but I understand

For those who enjoy playing with beeswax and napkins sniisk is running an APC Athon starting this Wednesday - beeswax works a charm to stick things to the slippery surface of playing cards. It will also be a great chance to get ideas.

Please sign me up. I had a play last night & it went very well.

Any suggestions for finishing off the back? Can I glue another piece of paper or card stock on the back to write on?

Bunnymther - so sorry for missing your post :embarrassed: - you are now signed up.
So glad that your play went well - I can't wait to see what you have made. I normally glue my information paper to the back of my cards but I often use playing cards as a base when using beeswax. If your base is not too flimsy I can't see that you need to add any extra card on the back.
Hope this helps - anyone else do something different?

Thanks I will try it. I just need a way to put my info on the back. I used cardstock, so they don’t really need more thickness as the beeswax has firmed them up.

Bunnymther, I just use double-sided tape to attach a light piece of paper with my info.
I got your PM and want to give you detailed answers but I've been very busy, sorry.

i will lurk also .. have been wanting to try beeswax, and this is a perfect place to start!

just realized the deadline! i will keep this in mind!

Last edited:
mwilding - you are very welcome to join the lurkers' couch. If you have a look at my Gallery all the cards that I made for the recent APC Athon used napkins and beeswax (they also used playing cards as backings as that was the theme - it is not necessary for this swap ;))

cinlan and electricdesigner - your amazing cards arrived while my husband and I were down in Victoria. I will give iTraders now.

REMINDER - For those of you who have not mailed yet - remember that I am in AUSTRALIA and mail is NOT quick! I suggest that you plan to have your cards in the mail no later than the end of this month.
Still 2 weeks away so plenty of time, but you need to start planning them now.

Anyone who does not have my Varsity Lakes address please PM me and I will send it immediately.

Back
Top Bottom