Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Beeswax and napkins Due date: June 17

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    cinlan - your cards are beautiful! My favourite has to be the dragonflies. Great way to finish them with the saying stamps - what ink do you use?

BluSkyHare - Amapola has given the link to mrubyjean's wonderful tutorial on this site in post #8. That is how I learnt to do this.

Bunnymther - glad to be of assistance in starting a new love. I had a lot of trouble finding pure beeswax in Melbourne until I tried a shop that sold school art supplies - problem solved. But, then again, we have nothing like Michaels and those other craft stores I am so jealous of Hope to see you
    I have a new address from the end of June - ROBINA.
    Currently down in Melbourne looking after my daughter and new granddaughter (delivered by emergency caesarean on Aug 1) - won't be able to acknowledge letters till the beg of October. Sorry for the delay.
    Now hosting: Halloween/ Autumn ATART running Oct 30-Nov 4 (thread coming shortly)

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I saw this before and really wanted to join, but couldn't find my "stuff" in all the boxes left to be unpacked from our move. FOUND IT! So sign me up, please!!
    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke

cinlan is offline http://stores.ebay.com/creativeconnection2craft
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Donna, I used Staz-on for stamped sayings.

BluSkyHare is offline creating daily soothes the soul
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I SO wish I could play, but don't already have the supplies needed, and just can't buy anything now
    Maybe next time!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome Ancient PlanterI know exactly what you mean- I am still REfinding things that I put away simply to get them out of boxes. Glad you found those supplies.
    cinlan - thanks for the info
    BluSkyHare ​- sorry to miss you but I understand
    Currently down in Melbourne looking after my daughter and new granddaughter (delivered by emergency caesarean on Aug 1) - won't be able to acknowledge letters till the beg of October. Sorry for the delay.
    Now hosting: Halloween/ Autumn ATART running Oct 30-Nov 4 (thread coming shortly)

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    For those who enjoy playing with beeswax and napkins sniisk is running an APC Athon starting this Wednesday - beeswax works a charm to stick things to the slippery surface of playing cards. It will also be a great chance to get ideas.

7. Thanks Bunnymther thanked this post
    Likes HHC liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Posted my cards from the UK yesterday

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for telling me ​electric designer

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    just bumping us up

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Please sign me up. I had a play last night & it went very well.

Any suggestions for finishing off the back? Can I glue another piece of paper or card stock on the back to write on?

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bunnymther - so sorry for missing your post - you are now signed up.
    So glad that your play went well - I can't wait to see what you have made. I normally glue my information paper to the back of my cards but I often use playing cards as a base when using beeswax. If your base is not too flimsy I can't see that you need to add any extra card on the back.
    Hope this helps - anyone else do something different?

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks I will try it. I just need a way to put my info on the back. I used cardstock, so they don’t really need more thickness as the beeswax has firmed them up.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bunnymther, I just use double-sided tape to attach a light piece of paper with my info.
    I got your PM and want to give you detailed answers but I've been very busy, sorry.

15. Thanks Bunnymther thanked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    i will lurk also .. have been wanting to try beeswax, and this is a perfect place to start!

just realized the deadline! i will keep this in mind!
    Last edited by mwilding; 05-12-2018 at 11:12 AM.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    mwilding - you are very welcome to join the lurkers' couch. If you have a look at my Gallery all the cards that I made for the recent APC Athon used napkins and beeswax (they also used playing cards as backings as that was the theme - it is not necessary for this swap )

cinlan and electricdesigner - your amazing cards arrived while my husband and I were down in Victoria. I will give iTraders now.

18. Thanks mwilding thanked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    REMINDER - For those of you who have not mailed yet - remember that I am in AUSTRALIA and mail is NOT quick! I suggest that you plan to have your cards in the mail no later than the end of this month.
    Still 2 weeks away so plenty of time, but you need to start planning them now.

Anyone who does not have my Varsity Lakes address please PM me and I will send it immediately.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mine are done ~ will mail tomorrow (Tuesday).

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mine were sent a couple of weeks or so ago. Hope they arrive soon!
    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    These are my cards Iíll be mailing in. So glad I tried this and iíll be doing more again soon. I put two extras up for trade in my gallery.
    Attached Images Attached Images

23. Likes mrubyjean, cinlan, electricdesigner, Mushu liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great cards, mrubyjean, I love the cows and dresses ones in particular!
    Welcome to take a look at my blog, Instagram account and APC wishlist!

25. Thanks mrubyjean thanked this post