jo.on.the.go

going, going, always going
Friend of AFA
Media
Albums
Swap Due Date: June 21, 2018
Signup/Withdraw Date: June 14, 2018
Number of ATCs: 3 for 3
Number of Participants: 12 (This is my first swap)
Medium: Hand Drawn/Hand Painted (no embellishments)

Hand drawn/Hand painted STONE MONUMENTS

This swap is about STONE MONUMENTS. They may be as impressive as the Taj Mahal or as modest as a tombstone at your local cemetery. They can commemorate a famous person, such as the pyramids in Egypt, or somebody long-forgotten, such as Poulnabrone. They don't even have to remember a specific person, such as Arc de Triomphe. Here are some inspirations from cards I traded previously:

View attachment 194461 Moai on Rapa Nui (Easter Island)
View attachment 194458 Parthenon, Athens, Greece
View attachment 194459 Stonehenge, England

Your cards may be realistic, impressionistic, or even whimsical.

CARD GUIDELINES
* Only ATCs allowed. Cards need to measure 2.5" x 3.5" and must be sturdy enough to earn the name "card" (no floppy or flimsy paper).
* Each completed ATC should be in an individual vinyl sleeve for added protection.
* Cards should be be labeled on the back with your username, real name, name of swap, and location or name of the monument.
* Please consider posting your finished cards in this thread and in the gallery. We all love eye candy and it serves as an inspiration for everybody!
* A host ATC in the swap theme is appreciated and will be treasured, but is not a requirement!

MAILING GUIDELINES
* Please PM me for my address when cards are ready to send.
* Keep the due date in mind. I suggest 7 days for US players and 14 days for International players. If you need to withdraw please let me know before the withdraw date.
* US Players: Please send a large label with your name and address clearly printed, and include 50 cents postage or one "Forever" stamp. I WILL PROVIDE ENVELOPES.
* International Players: Please send a large label with your name and address clearly printed. I will provide postage for the first three international players. Additional players please send $1 or a "Forever" Global stamp. I WILL PROVIDE ENVELOPES.

I-TRADERS and YOU-ROCKS
* I-Traders will be given when I receive your ATCs.
* When you receive your cards, please don't forget to leave you rock points for the artists whose ATCs you receive, and an I-Trader for me.

Participating Artists
0 jo.on.the.go
1 dithespy (first international) returns received
2 Zongela returns received
3 ann_stebbing (second international) returns received
4 xela7072 received
5 Seascape131 returns received
6 mcgillisj (third international) returns received
(x zhouzhou withdraw)
(x BlancoLobo withdraw)
7 mrubyjean returns received
8 HHC returns received
9 Amapola received
10 hazardgal returns received
(x nightowl_too withdraw)
11 Beauty Hides Pain returns received
12 Sorxia returns received

Last edited:
JO... I am wanting to be your FIRST Lurker ....
so glad you dipping your toes in the Swap Hostess game..
but I really got to think about joining in... you know this ol' duck ain't much for drawing/painting..
so going to practice a bit... thinking I need to practice a whole lot... tee-hee

I have a nice comfy stone bench for lurkers, Just Ducky and nightowl_too. In the distance you might see pyramids, stone circles or even Mt. Rushmore. But I hope you will join us.

Nightowl_too: An inuksuk would be fine. I had to look it up for find out what it is. For those equally clueless as I was, an inuksuit (plural of inuksuk) are figures made of piled stones by the Inuit to serve as a guidepost. They act as a symbol of friendship and hospitality.

xela7072 and Seascape131: I have added both of you to the list of participating artists. Thanks for joining my first swap.

TSMarie - I'll consider you a lurker! Why don't you try making a few cards and see how they turn out? Maybe something easy like the Washington Monument would be a good place to start.

TSMarie - I'll consider you a lurker! Why don't you try making a few cards and see how they turn out? Maybe something easy like the Washington Monument would be a good place to start.

Thanks for the encouragement! I should practice my sketching skills more. In the meantime, I think you'll have no trouble filling up your spaces with some fantastic artists!

Back
Top Bottom