Let's Get Stoned, Due June 21, 2018

Here at last are my cards. It was a challenge for me as I'm nowhere close to the league of watercolor artist's y'all are, but I still had a good time playing around. Thanks for hosting, Jo. My cards are on the way!

View attachment 195815

I've been working on my cards - sorry I got a late start, being international I'd better mail within a couple of days. Luckily the mail is usually pretty fast from Finland to the Eastern U.S. States. I'll pm for your address later today, Jo!

HHC your beautiful cards arrived yesterday. Thank you for the hostess card and for providing extra postage - that will help pay for some of the international mailings.

Sorxia your cards are wonderful. I am so happy that you could join us at the last minute. And when you PMed to say you didn’t color them and hoped that was okay...well color would just detract from the fine detail

My cards are ready to go, finally. I struggled with them a bit but didn't want to give up.

Thank you for your patience waiting for them, Jo. I hope it's ok for everyone else, too, that you might need to wait for my cards some days. I am mailing them today from Finland.

I should probably have picked more simple monuments ti depict, but I couldn't let go of the ideas of what originally inspired me, monuments that I have either seen or been wanting to see. All in all a very inspiring swap!

The Medusa head is supposed to be upside down, but it's surprisingly hard to remember when setting it up for a photo!

Upside down Medusa Head. Yerebatan Sarnici, Istanbul
Aqueduct of Segovia
Mezquita de Cordoba, door

Soroxia: Your beautiful cards arrived yesterday. Thank you for the hostess card.

I have been in contact with the last two artists and things are going well. We will be able to wrap up this swap in a timely manner.

Amapola your cards arrived today. They are wonderful.

There is one more set due to arrive, and she said that when checking with the post office, they said the cards would be here tomorrow. So it appears that I will be able to trade out the cards tomorrow.

Yay! Looking forward to seeing the returns. Thanks for hosting us, Jo!

I just finished swapping out the cards. They will be in the mail tomorrow. I tried to give people cards that they had commented upon. It wasn't always possible, but hopefully nobody will be too disappointed. The biggest challenge was not giving people cards that looked like the ones they had made for the swap. I figured nobody really wanted to trade Stonehenge for Stonehenge or pyramids for pyramids. I thought all of the cards were good and I wanted to keep them all for myself! After being active here almost 9 years, this was my first swap and it was a learning experience for me: mostly positive. If anybody hasn't tried hosting a swap, it isn't all that hard and I would encourage anybody to give it a try.

Back
Top Bottom