Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Let's Get Stoned, Due June 21, 2018

jo.on.the.go is online now going, going, always going...would you believe Mongolia?
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just finished swapping out the cards. They will be in the mail tomorrow. I tried to give people cards that they had commented upon. It wasn't always possible, but hopefully nobody will be too disappointed. The biggest challenge was not giving people cards that looked like the ones they had made for the swap. I figured nobody really wanted to trade Stonehenge for Stonehenge or pyramids for pyramids. I thought all of the cards were good and I wanted to keep them all for myself! After being active here almost 9 years, this was my first swap and it was a learning experience for me: mostly positive. If anybody hasn't tried hosting a swap, it isn't all that hard and I would encourage anybody to give it a try.

2. Likes mrubyjean, mcgillisj, Sorxia liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Love that "mostly positive". You've been an awesome host, and I hope you do more swaps.
    SeARTle Art Retreat Oct 19-21 2018
    "If your dreams don't scare you, they aren't big enough."
    Instagram...Facebook...Etsy Shop...Vintage Etsy...

4. Thanks jo.on.the.go thanked this post
    Likes Sorxia liked this post
    jo.on.the.go is online now going, going, always going...would you believe Mongolia?
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ha, ha...HHC. I hope that nobody thought that the "mostly positive" meant that I had had some bad experiences with the players. Everybody was overwhelmingly encouraging and totally positive. What wasn't positive was when I was swapping out cards. And that was a learning experience. I found out I had given somebody two pyramids, another time a player got two cards from the same artist, and when I was recording whose cards went to whom, I got a little confused. But all of those problems were resolved, and I am pretty sure everybody should be happy with the cards.

I really am looking forward to hosting another swap. It may have to be a quick one so that it is done before I go on a big trip - otherwise I will be out of communication for almost two weeks. You know me..."always going"!

6. Likes mrubyjean, mcgillisj liked this post