Let's Get Stoned, Due June 21, 2018

Thanks jo! Card #4 is finished. My inner critic is choking me on these. It made me apply newly learned watercolor sketching skills learned from Peter Sheeler (YouTube). Also have learned from Jane LaFazio and Miriam Schulman. Not name dropping but figured it helps us all to share our influences. Will mail out as soon as I get your addy. Peace.

57d2717bb0.png

Here is my first card, I actually have 3 cards done and thinking of what to do for the fourth! This is a fun topic :) Ill for sure be sending mine out by monday

When I visited Angkor Watt we got up at 4 am for a trip to see it at sunrise. It was heaving with tourists, equally barmy to get up at that hour, and our photos were very poor. Loved the trip overall, but that particular trip was a bit of a downer. I took SO MANY photos in daylight though. Fabulous addition to any bucket list.

Zongela - your Mount Rushmore card totally amazes me. I don't think I have the nerve to try anything with four heads!

ann_stebbing your cards are lovely as well.I have never been to Angkor Wat. That is one place on my bucket list.

mcgillisj - your burial chambers are fascinating. I have to admit that I am always intrigued by the ancient burial chambers. Burial chambers and stone circles are some of the most interesting things I've seen in my travels, though I haven't seen the ones in Spain.

I have to say I'm totally intimidated by your fabulous artwork! Oh my goodness!
I'm working from photos my son took on a few of his trips, and hope to do them justice. They are nowhere close to sharing, however. ha!
I love brushing elbows all you wonderful artists. :wub:

Last edited:
And because I was in a drawing/painting mood today, I did more monuments. Obviously these can't all be used for the swap, so just consider them inspiration. I don't know what will be used for the swap. It will depend upon what other people draw so that there is lots of variety. The others will go into my gallery.

View attachment 194876 Men-an-tol: This is a Bronze AGe monument located in Cornwall, England. It may have been a component of a burial chamber. The name means "holed stone".
View attachment 194879 Temple of Apollo Delphi: Located in Delphi, Greece. The first temple was built about 7th Century BCE but was destroyed by fire. This temple was built about the 4th Century BCE
View attachment 194878 Ring of Brodgar, Orkney, Scotland. This was once known as "Temple of the Sun". I have visited this stone circle and it is AWESOME. As opposed to Stonehenge, one may walk among the stones.
View attachment 194877 Gleninsheen Wedge Tomb, County Clare, Ireland. It is located in the Burren and measures about 10 feet long and 3 feet wide. It is from about 2500 BCE.

Mail call. Cards were received from dithespy, Seascape131, and xela7072. These cards are all lovely. And thanks to each of you for the hostess cards. It will be hard to choose one for myself.

Zongela I am looking forward to receiving your cards. When they arrive I can post them to the thread.

All of these cards rock! Especially love your hole stone jo! You are welcome to post mine on this thread. Will hold off on that other swap we talked about; too much drama in my life!

I got a nice bright yellow envelope ready to go out in the morning for you jo! :) This is a great topic I feel like I have gained a new appreciation for things made out of stone. I love all the submissions Ive seen here!

ann_stebbing your beautiful cards arrived today. Thank you for the host card. It will be hard to decide which to choose.

Back
Top Bottom