What's Through The Window, Due June 8, 2018

Ohh you know I'm in please. Vicki do you have trouble cutting the white Window in the third house. I have a precision plate but still have lots of problems with that die.

Assuming you mean the white window on my ice skating card, which is the same pink window die cut on your pink card,
I have no trouble cutting the white window.

I do not know what a "precision plate" for die cutting is, but I have noticed you mention it often, so I assume you use it to get cleaner cuts, as in more fully cut die cuts.

When I have a die that doesn't cut out the entire shape, I add a shim, or a piece of paper, or a piece of cardboard, or those junk mailer credit cards, between the die and the top plate, to get enough pressure on the die to MAKE IT give me a clean cut image.

((Define shim: a thin, often tapered piece of material (such as paper, cardboard, plastic, or wood) used to fill in space between things (as for support, leveling, or applying additional pressure against the adjacent surface)))

Works for me on everything from Cottage Cutz, to Art Impressions, to Sizzex, (to name a few brands).
Once I put in too THICK a shim and it cracked my top plate, but since there was only an internal crack, and the plate didn't break, I still use the plate, crack and all, and it works great.

Hope adding a shim helps you get a better cut, as in a more complete cut, where all the intricate pieces cut out, and pop out, particularly since I am working on at least one assumption when answering your question.

P.S.
I signed you up

Last edited:
Lurkers welcome, Ducky.
I have a HEATED Duck Pond you can lurk in until you decide whether to participate.

The Fun Continues!

Home- Magazine images, glitter gel pen
ET- magazine images , glow in the dark paint, glitter gel pen, embossed
Kitty Boo- book images, brad, ink
Romeo & Juliet- printed image and text, water color, glitter gel pen, gesso , gelato

More amazing art.
ADORE the kitty
Extrodinary ET
Jumping Juliet and Her Romeo
Is the octopus seen through a window, or is the octopus looking through one?
I am not seeing what you are seeing on that one, but I LOVE it.

I hope you can find time in your BUSY schedule to participate.:jiggy:
I always LOVE your ATCs.

I will put you on the lurker couch for now.
It is a comfy sofa, and there are others already keeping the space warm.

Back
Top Bottom