House shaped APCs: Due July 10th, 2018

How do we hand 6s and 9s

• Total voters
Media
Swap Due Date – July 10, 2018, this is the due date not the mail by date.
Withdrawal Date May 29th, 2018
Number of cards – 3:3 or 6:6 Mixed Media Collage House shaped APC
Number of Participants 13

This swap is for house shaped APCs= Altered Playing Cards.

For this swap we will leave the bottom corner, right or left or both, exposed. It is the artist’s choice. The top of the card will have a house roof and/or chimney. It is the goal, to have the card reach the 3.5 length. Don’t cut down too far.

APCs are altered playing cards which measure 2.5 inches wide and 3.5 inches in length. Some playing cards are slimmer and are not acceptable for this swap. Please measure your cards before you begin working on them. I can not swap cards that are not wide enough.

The themes for houses are open with a few exceptions.
Please no holiday cards. Keep it PG; If you not feel comfortable showing the card to a 3-6 year old, or your grandmother, then the theme might be too advanced for this swap.

To help reduce confusion, each player will only do one number, for all the cards they make. Players can pick a number, but first come first served.

One person will make Aces, the next will do Kings, the next all 5s. You can do them in the same suit or mix it up. All hearts, etc or one from each suit. This is a 3 for 3 or a 6 for 6. Any player who chooses to do 6 for 6 must do all 6 cards in the same number. Keep this in mind.

* All cards must be original works not reprints

* All cards need to be labeled with your real name, and your AFA username, So others can leave you their thanks via you rocks. Playing cards are slick, and very hard to stamp or write on. Please do not write on the margin of the cards. Some of us are getting older and can not read the tiny print in that small area. You need to either adhere your info on a piece of paper, or use a sticker label. No lose papers in sleeves. They can get lost.

*We would love to see your work, so please load photos of your finished cards, or put them in your gallery or even a link to your flickr account. Ask us if you need help.

There is no penalty for withdrawing from this swap. But please communicate, Neutral itrader may be left for any player with no cards, and no communication. Withdrawal Date May 29th, 2018.

Mailing. Please let me know if you are doing 6:6

Please post in the forum when you have mailed.

Mailing info USA players. You can send A SASE or I can provide the envelope. Your choice

USA PLAYERS please, provide a SASE or a large address label, preferably one that is a sticker so that I can apply it easily to an envelope. You also need to provide return postage. One forever stamp for 3 cards. Six card players, I suspect you all will need to send one forever stamp and one extra ounce stamp for the 6 cards. Extra postage is always welcomed to help defray the cost of the international postage. Thank you in advance. If you want or prefer your cards hand canceled, please provide a note with your card, and include the 21 cent stamp.

International Players You can send A SASE or I can provide the envelope. Your choice

It will cost me $1.15 to mail back your cards, in a 1 ounce letter. If you are doing 6 cards it might cost $2.30 to get your cards home.

I can take paypal, 1 USA, global stamps. Well hidden $1. And in some cases I can trade you for your countries postage, Canada, AU, France, UK, Since I join swaps hosted by international hosts. Contact me about your choice.

I love embellishments, but keep in mind that if you make cards with charms, brads, gems or other embellishments, then you need to send extra postage for each card, so I can mail these off, as non machinable, please hand cancel. I am willing to do that for the swap. It cost 21 cents to mail cards as non-machinable. Presently the extra ounce, non machineable is a very ugly Men in tall USA hats. Ask your PO about them if you are not familiar with them.

About returns: When you get your returns, please take the time to thank the artists. You leave YOU ROCKS for each person,that made a card for you. Type in some kind comment about the card you received. For me the host you leave itrader. I have so many itraders that I don’t need more, but as the host I do need to know you received cards in the mail. Leaving itrader for the host is one way for the host to know your envelope arrived. Posting in the thread is another way that the group knows that you got your envelope. Please communicate to the rest of us.

To sign up for this swap you must have read all the guidelines. To join please state, I have read the guidelines, I would like TO MAKE the card number____, and one theme I would love to see is____. Only when you have posted all three, will you be added to the sign up list. Lurker welcomed. If I need to, I will open up more card numbers.

Players list
Aces PouringDIVA 6:6 would love to see a pink themed house R May 14, 2018
**2s Allegrae 6:6 would love to see ocean/fish themes R 6/30
**3s Haagmm would love to see a treehouse shaped house R 7/2
**4s Nanvan 3:3 would love to see greenhouses R 7/16
**5s Theweavershand would love to see some Zetti style houses R 6/18/
6s JustDucky 3:3 would love to seecat, dog, animal of artist choice... R 6/25
7s Withdrawn
**8s Javazarf3:3 would like to see some dog house R 6/14/18
**9s Castlequeen5 6:6 would like to see postage stamps on the cards
10s Catladyjb, would like to see cat things, (Naturally, she is a cat lady) R 7/9
**Jacks JudyLee 6:6 would love to see celestial: suns or moons or stars, theme houses R 7/9
**iQueens Linda4atc Would love to see bird themed houses R 7/2
**Kings Mwilding3:3 would like to see some postage people on the houses R 6/15/18

Waiting list
artistwannabee

Last edited:
Thanks for joining nanvan. It made my day. You mean greenhouses like glass houses for plants or houses that are green? I think you mean greenhouses, which is an exciting theme.

Open to interpretation. OhHappyDay did a Green House swap (last year I think) - the main thing is the houses are green, but I would love to see some greenery; doesn't need to be a glass greenhouse though.

Here are 2 of the cards I created for that swap

Last edited:
i am just too dense today!
is this how it goes?
- we make 3 or 6 houses of one number
- we pick a theme desired
- then we pick any of the desired themes for the cards we make
- i cant figure out what we get back - only cards in our theme? a mix of cards? can we make our own theme?

lurking

i am just too dense today!
is this how it goes?
- we make 3 or 6 houses of one number YES So check your deck to make sure you have enough of the same number
- we pick a theme desired Yes, and it is just a suggestion, no one is required to make cards in themes, but hey the hostess might just make you a card just for you. SHHH! no promises.
- then we pick any of the desired themes for the cards we make yes, you are free to make any theme you want.

- i cant figure out what we get back - only cards in our theme? a mix of cards? can we make our own theme? You will just get cards like any other swap. Bribes are encouraged. hahahhah

I added the suggest a theme so that when you posted I knew you had read the rules. Tricky? Huh?

Last edited:
I have read the guidelines, I would like TO MAKE the card number 8 , and one theme I would love to see is dog houses . Please add me to the sign up list for 3 cards.

I was trying to take a break from swaps.
Then I saw this post,
- something different
- had to give it a try
- bonus: I knew where my card decks were.

I have read the guidelines. I'd like to do card number 2. I'd love to see fish/ocean themes. I'll do 6:6.

Back
Top Bottom