House shaped APCs: Due July 10th, 2018

How do we hand 6s and 9s

• Total voters
Maybe I am overthinking the house shape.
Simple peak to indicate a roof is ok? I tried sketching some with other roof lines and details or a chimney, etc. and it doesn't seem to work on the APC.
Do you have any house shaped APCs to show? I am great at copying what other people do.

By the way - my thoughts on altering playing cards.
I always use sandpaper first to get all the coating off. Then I paint a light coat with clear gesso. It gives the card tooth so that paint won't flake off and glued items won't peel up.
I also sand a little area in the back so that my information label will stick.

Thanks for the suggestion on sanding the cards; I hadn't thought of that, but it's a great idea. I don't think you are "over-thinking" it - you have good questions and I'll benefit from the answers, too.

Java there is a link to a 1 on 1 house trading group. They have all kinds of roofs. I use this template on this card seen here. I would like to make a wonky chimney but havent yet. You just need to get the TOP of the card to the 3.5 mark.

Oh KAAAYYY!
I am being too literal with house shape and dimensions and didn't know how much of the card could be cut.

Is a barn considered a house shape?
What about a church?

I considered an igloo - but that seemed too boring. But it would be different.
I am having a total Monday!

And yes, just a pointed flat roof works and will work good with a dog house. I have made dog houses before, I do love them.

Asking questions so the whole group sees them is perfect, I am sure others have questions too.

Oh KAAAYYY!
I am being too literal with house shape and dimensions and didn't know how much of the card could be cut.

Is a barn considered a house shape?
What about a church?

I considered an igloo - but that seemed too boring. But it would be different.
I am having a total Monday!

I really liked that church you made in the trash swap a lot a lot alot. An igloo sounds like a lot of fun. Add a penguin, which I do realize they are on the south pole and igloos are on the north pole, but add a penguin and I would steal it for myself. or a cute little inuit child in a parka.

I have to run my hubby to the doctor. I never thought much about a barn, but since a dog house works, I dont see why not, and I like how you are thinking creatively of churches, barns etc.

I never defined house shape, but I know you are all creative enough to make something close. I have seen mushroom fairy houses too and those work as long as they are the correct height.

I have read the guidelines and would like to participate! I'll do the 3s and I would love to see some treehouses, if that's ok? I will do 3:3

Many years ago he lured me in with promises of cooking and back rubs. But he does like to try new recipes he sees on social media. Fun new recipes. He asked at the Doctors today if he could cook. The answer was yes, So we went to the grocery store and bought all the ingredients. He had to wear a mask to shop, but he needs to be walking more to build up his strength.

Sounds like a great husband. If he has to wear a mask in public, I assume he's vulnerable to the elements resulting from the treatment - does this gradually get better?

I think the day 100 is the goal. They will tell us when his blood counts improve enough to go out in public without a mask. He also had food restrictions No fresh vegetables, All the foods have to be cooked really well to kill all viruses, bacteria, and fungus. But with the whole Romaine lettuce contamination you can see that uncooked veggies can really hurt a healthy person. No starbucks, not fountain drinks, no meat from the deli, No uncooked lunch meat, so we are just skipping that. Lots of canned fruits, canned meats, canned veggies. Lots of dead foods really. But he also developed diabetes due to chemo and steriods. He is on insulin. He was not diabetic when he went into the hospital.

They anticipate his pancreas will improve, and he can get off insulin.

Wow! It must be challenging! I do hope he can get off the insulin. With all the dietary restrictions, now I'm curious - what did he make for dinner? (not that it's any of my business...)

I have noticed that there are many people on AFA who only sign up for swaps and never chat in the thread or read the posts.
THEIR LOSS!
There is so much friendship, information, support, humor and knowledge shared in these swap threads.
I always look forward to reading the new posts.

I just realized something, last night. If you make a house in a 6 and leave the bottom corner revealed, then duh it looks like a 9. I think as a group we need to vote.

1. Do we use the real 6 cards, knowing they will look like nines on the finished cards

2. Do we actually "cheat" and have the 6 card count as the 9s, and vise versa the 9s would count as 6s.

I will start a pole but you can say what you about this issue that I didnt consider.

Back
Top Bottom