Negative Painting ~ HandDrawn/HandPainted, Mixed Media ~ Due June 30

Hello, everyone! I am back and have received the last sets of cards! :jiggy: I will be swapping cards out today and will get your returns in the mail tomorrow. I apologize for the delay, and I greatly appreciate your patience!

Okay everyone! The cards have been swapped and the envelopes sealed. I will take them to the post office tomorrow!

Swapping cards was harder than I expected! I tried my best to make sure people didn't get the same theme (like 3 flowers) or the same color scheme, but I'm not sure I was entirely successful.

What I ended up doing was taking one card from each participant, gently mixed the cards, and then 'dealt' them out (after making sure no one received their own card back!) So everyone has one card that was swapped totally randomly. I am interested in feedback on this - I plan to do this for my next swap too, but may end up making the one random card a hallmark of swaps I host. I appreciate your thoughts on this though. Good idea? Bad? Any thoughts and critiques you have on this swap is appreciated - I want to keep hosting swaps, so I want to make sure I work out any bugs and keep the good. Did that make sense? Haha.

As you all receive your cards, please consider making a post to say you received your returns and please do leave a You Rock for those who made the cards you received. I made this easy by hyperlinking their name in the first post, so you won't even have to comb the threadsfor their name. Easy peasy! Also, I will keep a tally on who received cards by the iTraders, if received, and/or a post in the forum. This way, I will know when to close out this swap and archive it. Thank you all for being so awesome in this swap! I am SO eager for you all to open up these envelopes! :jiggy:

Super thrilled with my returns. Thank you to Marie, TherapeuticArt, CreativeK, and especially Foxglove!

My cards have arrived! Thank you to Creative K, Xela 7072 and prex 79! And a special thank you to Foxglove for being such a wonderful host and for the extra card :-) it’s beautiful!

CreativeK I got Your lovely tree and I am thrilled! I’m not allowed to leave you rock points and I have left all the comments I can think of. Please remind me if I’m not able to leave you some rep soon. You absolutely deserve it!

I received my gorgeous ATCs yesterday from Prex79 (Love), Marie (Songbird II), and bastcrystal (Persian Proverb). Thanks so much.

A HUGE thank you to our host, Foxglove, for quick returns and an beautiful Poppy Negative Painting. You did a fantastic job with this swap.

Thank you! I'm so pleased that you all are getting your returns so quickly, and especially glad that you're happy with your returns!

WHOO HOO! Hey all! Photos from this swap are up in the Swap Gallery now! Go check it out! :jiggy:

I received my brautiful catds yesterday. Thanks Foxglove for the gorgeous cat. Its absolutely beautiful and one I will treasure along with my cards from NYJunkie (Forest Spirit), Pouringdiva (Heart) and BlueSky (Big Dream). BlueSky I love how you combined collage with Negative Painting. It worked out so well and your color combinations are so cool.

Okay everyone! The cards have been swapped and the envelopes sealed. I will take them to the post office tomorrow!

Swapping cards was harder than I expected! I tried my best to make sure people didn't get the same theme (like 3 flowers) or the same color scheme, but I'm not sure I was entirely successful.

What I ended up doing was taking one card from each participant, gently mixed the cards, and then 'dealt' them out (after making sure no one received their own card back!) So everyone has one card that was swapped totally randomly. I am interested in feedback on this - I plan to do this for my next swap too, but may end up making the one random card a hallmark of swaps I host. I appreciate your thoughts on this though. Good idea? Bad? Any thoughts and critiques you have on this swap is appreciated - I want to keep hosting swaps, so I want to make sure I work out any bugs and keep the good. Did that make sense? Haha.

As you all receive your cards, please consider making a post to say you received your returns and please do leave a You Rock for those who made the cards you received. I made this easy by hyperlinking their name in the first post, so you won't even have to comb the threadsfor their name. Easy peasy! Also, I will keep a tally on who received cards by the iTraders, if received, and/or a post in the forum. This way, I will know when to close out this swap and archive it. Thank you all for being so awesome in this swap! I am SO eager for you all to open up these envelopes! :jiggy:

Foxglove the random card idea is great. When I used to host I would lay the cards on the table upside down and randomly pull a card for each person. It made it easy to avoid pulling the players card because their name was on the back.

I love the gift card from you, it will be cherished in my personal collection.

I received my gorgeous ATCs yesterday from Prex79 (Love), Marie (Songbird II), and bastcrystal (Persian Proverb). Thanks so much.

A HUGE thank you to our host, Foxglove, for quick returns and an beautiful Poppy Negative Painting. You did a fantastic job with this swap.

Im so glad you liked my card. I got one of yours as well and I love it!

Wow. The rest of the cards seem to be taking the slow way. I'm sorry - I am not sure why it's taking so long! :unsure:

Back
Top Bottom