Leonarda’s Handpaint/Handdrawn Loteria Swap 17-20 (Birds and Music!) Due June 15

LeonardaDaArtsi

ATC Guru
Media
Due: June 15
Signup: N/A
Withdraw date: N/A
Number of Cards: 4/4
Number of participants: unlimited

If you are a music lover OR a bird lover OR A BIRD AND MUSIC LOVER, THIS swap is for you!!
We
There are 54 cards in a traditional Loteria deck.

For this swap you will make 17, 18, 19, and 20:
17= El Bandolon (mandolin)
18= El Violoncello (cello)
19= La Garza (heron)
20= El Pajaro (bird)

It is perfectly ok to google the cards and recreate what you see, OR if you are feeling creative, you may (and are encouraged!) do something totally different - Your cards should be your interpretation!

These will be hand drawn or painted only. Absolutely NO embellishments- FLAT hand painted or drawn cards ONLY....but sparkly paint makes for exceptional prettiness!

**For this 17-20 swap, let us try something out of our comfort level. For example, if you always use colored pencils, maybe this time try acrylics, or add shadows to your images, or what about a unique border to your card or a background technique you have been wondering about, even just by outlining your image with a black pen will really make it stand out!**

Please make sure they are vertical and not horizontal, with the number and name on the front of the cards.
Standard size 2.5" x 3.5" sturdy card stock.
Send SASE. International enclose 1.00 for postage or 3 US forever stamps.

Please do your best work and make your cards unique to your own style.

Please check out the history of Loteria cards and see some examples:

http://www.arizonahistoricalsociety....12/Loteria.pdf

http://www.teresavillegas.com/?s=Loteria&submit=Search

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loteria

Please post pictures or ideas as you go!

Dithespy here
Wolfmoon here
GypsieJanie here
Blanco Lobo- here
Red plant lady here

Last edited:
add me too, I think I have these done already, just need to color. I have to check and see.

I am attempting to watercolor at least one of mine. I do have them drawn out already just need to color in!

Blancolobo- I love watercolor. I am not sure why I dont do more with it. I take the pencils with me on trips and a small water brush, makes it so easy. Cant wait to see them!

Welcome Back Redplantlady!!

I'm just a beginner watercolorer (is that a real word?) anyway I love to play in watercolor so I thought I would try one on this swap.

OK so my watercolor attempt was terrible so I went back with my favorite - Copic markers to color in the cards! I need your address so I can get them in the mail.

Here are mine, I have done the music ones after paintings I found online.

Leonardo, there are 2 mandolin players, so one is a host card.

What a shame there are not more of us, this is such a fun swap, and I feel that my drawing is improving. I used pen and wash this time.

Thank you! I found some great paintings online and tried to do the cards "in the style of", which I love doing, so they were really fun to do!

Back
Top Bottom