Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: ~ HOUSE ~ Come to our Block Party ~ Trade House Shaped ATcs ~

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh Colleen, I hope you can set you computer up on a high table or shelf so you can see it to drop us an update when your surgery is feeling a little better. Just don't let that Ice cream melt while you do it.

2. Thanks Ancient Planter thanked this post
    Likes Ancient Planter liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ancient Planter View Post
    Hi everyone! Is anyone still there? Helloooo?? I'm still planning on making house-shaped ATCs, if I've got time before Sept. 18. I'm in all of Vicki's Halloween swaps, as well as a couple of others, and on the 18th I'm FINALLY having my neck surgery! I'm told it will be pretty well instantaneous that the nerve pain down my arm will be relieved. But other symptoms will still be around, and since the neurosurgeon will be cutting through the front of my throat to get to my spine and remove the fused bones and injured disc (and replace them with plastic and cadaver bone - zombify me!), I will be out of commission for at least a month, I think. I may or may not be in a neck brace - he'll know when he sees my bone - but I won't be able to move my head up, down, or side-to-side for about a month. It'll apparently be at least 3 months for my bone to fuse with the cadaver bone. I guess I'll also have quite the sore throat since he'll have to move my esophagus to the side to reach my spine, and I'll be on the "tonsilectomy" diet for several weeks, feeling like strep throat. Ice cream, mashed potatoes, and all the yummy soft foods I want! Just praying that this hazardous air clears up by the 18th so I'll stop coughing.

All this means that I probably won't be making ATCs since I won't be able to look down to work, and I'm trying to get all my swaps done before Sept. 18. But because the air IS so hazardous (literally in the hazardous zone - the news last night was saying to STAY INDOORS, as if we'd go out in this!), we're taking off tomorrow for another weekend on the Calif. coast at Crescent City (not as glamorous as you may think) just so we - and our doxies - can breath. Then the 21st I'm flying down to L.A. to see my mom and brothers for several days. All of that's going to cut out prime ATC creating time, although I usually take some supplies with me. I always take them with me, but I never get anything done! So, that being said, I haven't forgotten any of you or making these little lovelies! It just may not be until close to Thanksgiving or later that I'm able to get back to it.

Hey, I was wondering why they were cutting through your throat to get to your spine. Thought maybe your anatomy was somehow different than the rest of us. Maybe we should call you Zolleen the Zombie for the next few months.

We LOVE you, Colleen.
    But that is such a cool name, Zolleen the Zombie, and you did say you were getting cadaver bone as replacement anatomy

I made a bunch of cards I will be posting shortly, but the relatives (from Arizona) stopped by (Right now it is hot there, and it "cools down" to 110 degrees overnight and they wanted to get away from the heat) so we entertained for a few days, and I am behind (again). So you make some house-shaped ATCs and you can plan to trade (at least with me )

Like Linda Says, put your computer high up so you can at least stay in touch.
    Take care
    Positive thoughts and energy going your way.
    HUGS!
    Last edited by Vicki Z; 08-11-2018 at 12:50 PM.

4. Thanks Ancient Planter thanked this post
    Likes Ancient Planter liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I do have a "laptop riser" that sets the laptop at whatever level you need it, so I'll definitely be using that! I expect I'll be able to check in, just not make stuff. I'm on a facebook group for people having spinal surgeries and so many of them with the same surgery are back on the group with a couple of days of surgery, so I assume I'll be able to be, too. As for cutting through the throat, apparently when they pull the esophagus aside, they have a clear and easy shot right to the spine.
    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke

6. Likes ohhappyday liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe it keeps the spine in a straighter position to work with if the patient is on their back?

8. Likes Ancient Planter liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Actually, it is probably due to all the nerves on the back side of the spine that the doctors don't have to worry about by-passing if they come in from the front.
    But, if Colleen can stay on her back, and figure out how to make ATCs and Cabinet Cards over her head, WOW, ATC mass production.
    Maybe one could use magnets to hold the cards to a table suspended above a person???

Or not?

And do NOT use a glue gun -- hot glue drips? OUCH

10. Likes Ancient Planter, ohhappyday liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    no... glue sticks maybe...
    Now hosting In Costume!~*~ Curb Appeal ~*~Trash 2 Treasure #8

Living in COLORS !!

12. Likes Vicki Z, Ancient Planter, mwilding liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL ouch is right. I wonder if there is anything about how Frida Kahlo did it. I read somewhere that one reason she did so many self portraits is because she was flat on her back with no other inspiration. Somehow she set up a mirror and her paints to use during this time.

14. Likes mwilding liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Made the most of what she had, yes?

Living in COLORS !!

16. Likes mwilding liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Talked to Nancy this morning. She still hasn't resolved any real results from her tests, she is seeing a new doctor Monday. She just doesn't have the energy to do anything even get on the computer. I told her everyone misses her and many people have been asking me about her. She say "still kicking"

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    three more houses for Vicki's swap HAUNTED HOUSES - House Shaped ATC Swap, due October 15, 2018

20. Likes mwilding, Ancient Planter liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Those are adorable Linda!

Living in COLORS !!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Birdie TRADED
    die cuts and collage with stickles accents (house background and hello kitty are recycled from notes received in atc trades)

A New Dress(She has the money and wants that pink dress!)
    watercolor background,
    stamped, embossed and colored and cut out dressform
    collaged girl and money images
    Last edited by Linda4atc; 09-23-2018 at 08:55 PM.

23. Likes heymaggie liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I haven’t done any houses lately. I’m stuck on ATCoins right now and can’t concentrate on much else. But I’ll be back.
    Maggie Mize🌻heymaggie
    💚💜💛💙🌸🖤🌼💙💛💜💚

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Two houses up for trade, I will trade for non Halloween houses, so dont stress.

Purple Frank house

Frank house

26. Likes heymaggie liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pink Fairy house

The background is clean unused Dentist bib, that I colored with inks.

28. Likes heymaggie, ohhappyday liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Does that make her a tooth fairy?

Living in COLORS !!

30. Likes ohhappyday liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Marie View Post
    Does that make her a tooth fairy?
    Well Yes I guess it could. Wow, See I am so artistic even when I am not trying.

32. Likes ohhappyday liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I'm still waiting around for my neck surgery. Got a second opinion and the other dr. agreed with the first, but the second said it should be a 2-level fusion instead of a single (I'd been wondering why the first dr. didn't want to fuse the worse vertebrae). Alan and I really liked the second dr a lot more than the first, so I decide to go ahead and have the surgery - 2-level - with him. But it's back to the ol game of insurance death panels denying, then more hoops jumped through until insurance death panel says okay. I'm hoping to have it done before Thanksgiving now. I told the dr. that if it's not done by the end of the year, I won't be able to have it since we can't afford it after that. Gotta love the U.S. for-profit health-lack-of-care-system. Anyway, if all goes as I hope, I've got another month until my downtime.

I participated in Linda's Athon last week and have one house-shaped ATC left:

Gardener's Cottage.jpg Gardener's Cottage - paper napkin and tissue layered with polymer medium, outlined with pen, die cuts, ink, and paint
    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke

34. Likes heymaggie, ohhappyday liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just posted a new house to the gallery.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gall...x.php?n=531517

Living in COLORS !!

36. Likes Ancient Planter, ohhappyday liked this post