Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: ~ HOUSE ~ Come to our Block Party ~ Trade House Shaped ATcs ~

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like

~ HOUSE ~ Come to our Block Party ~ Trade House Shaped ATcs ~

1:1 Trading or 2:2, 3:3 or ?:?~ House Shaped ATC Group
    Wowwe had over 1,300 posts in the first thread! Lets keep up of the fun house trades. And don't forget the MMH House thread.

RULES:
    ~ play nice with others
    ~ These are ATCs, 2 1/2" x 3 1/2", but the background is cut away to shape the house.
    ~ The house shape is up to you, but keep the size. Don't make them too small or bigger than a penny sleeve fit.
    ~ All trades are done as private trades, it is not a swap.
    ~ Communicate with your trade partner, If you both are going to be making more houses you may want to hold on a make it a multiple trade over several days or a week. I think trades are usually given two weeks in other threads.
    ~ You do not have to trade just because you were asked to. Not all art appeals to every collector. But remember not everybody has the same supplies to work with, or skills; so be kind.
    ~ If you really want a house someone made, You can ask them to hold it (trade pending) and try to making a house they are interested in. But no trade is required with out both participants approval.

So start making houses and post them here. Lets get trading.....
    These are some of my houses all are TRADED

Our first house thread
    Last edited by Linda4atc; 05-18-2018 at 03:02 PM.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Signing in so I can keep up with the new thread.
    There is a crack in everything. That's how the light gets in. Leonard Cohen

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Continued from the first thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicki Z View Post
    I will put the Peek-a-boo Gnome aside for you..

I LOVE Harry Potter.
    I was in a bunch of HP swaps a while back ...a couple when the HP rubber stamps came out, and another when the HP postage stamps were issued, and another when the individual HP books got combined into a set (sold as a unit in a treasure chest), and there were HP Parties at Midnight, in full HP costume, when a new HP book was released, and there were the "Snape" contests -- is he good or is he evil??????

I would be interested in houses or atcs, but now I will have to track down my HP supplies, and the only one I know FOR SURE where they are, would be the postage stamps -- but they are all cool stamps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ancient Planter View Post
    Oh my, Linda -- who DOESN'T love Harry?? When we went to Universal in January we spent most of our time at The Wizarding World of HP. Butter beer is fantastic!! I bought myself a Gryffindor scarf, but of course Slytherin socks for the ever wonderful and deeply missed ("always") Alan Rickman. I've got a few HP photos that I kept from the price tags that I've been planning to use in making some Hogwarts shaped for this group! Oh, I also bought an unlined Hogwarts journal for art journaling, and more butter beer. Almost bought a wand, but seeing "Made in China" on them turned me off. Decided I can make my own wand

Thanks for all the kind words. You know I love hanging with this group! You're all my peeps! (that's the right term, isn't it? Or all my BFFs? How about, You're all my dearest friends!!). Alan is going to start therapy with a man who specializes in anxiety and panic issues, so maybe he can somehow help with the claustrophobia. But, truthfully, who doesn't get rather claustrophobic when placed in one of those coffin-like tubes for a loud MRI? I know I take a xanax and have them put a cloth over my eyes. As for an open MRI, I think there may be one, but even that causes Alan severe anxiety. Heck, we were at the emergency room on Saturday and just being in the office with the nurse and having the door closed caused him problems (but he was in the middle of a panic attack, so there's that). It did help him to talk with our pet sitter who said these feelings will go away.

Vicki, Mme Butterfly is all yours! I'll look at your gallery and see what's what.

Linda, Party at the Chickadee's House (easily recreated since the original is long gone) and Dance Hall are all yours. Looking forward to whatever you make (Harry?? ).
    I notice you linked to "SimonsaysStamp". do you get their newsletter?
    For Mother's Day they had 25% off one's entire order.
    They do have numerous HP dies, and although they aren't cheap, 25% off makes them (almost) reasonable.
    Plus the dies I was looking at were 2 1/2 x 3 or 3 1/2 by 3, which means I could almost crop them enough to put them on an ATC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ancient Planter View Post
    WHAAAT?!?! Dang - that's what I get for hurrying to order before continuing to read the thread. I jumped online to SimonsaysStamp, which I've never visited before, and ordered a bunch of stuff (of course the Severus Snape die with face stamp, even tho' it's too big for an ATC), signed up for the newsletter, and now I read that they've got 25% off? Oh well. I did drop several halloween dies and stuff from my shopping cart before ordering, so maybe I'll check to see if they've sent the newsletter yet with the coupon. Never too early to stock up on Halloween!!

BTW, Alan's dr. said that he absolutely has to have the MRI, and no, they won't give him an anesthesia. He can only take 1 or 2 xanax. He said ok, but only after he can get in some visits with a therapist who might be able to help him with some coping strategies. I'm guessing he'll take about 4 xanax this time because he has to have the MRI within 2 weeks and so far the therapist hasn't even returned his call, let alone scheduled an appointment.
    I was thinking of ordering Snape. He isn't too wide, but he is 5 inches tall, but I thought I could cut off the bottom of his robe and make him work on an ATC anyway. LOVE that the die cut includes a face stamp. Faces are so hard to draw.

Simon Says had 25% off one's order that ended yesterday.
    They had $20.00 off one order for another promo.
    Wait a week, and see what they offer next.
    As I recall, when I first signed up, they offered me a new customer discount.

CAUTION!!!!!!
    Their coupons have expiry dates.
    It had a FAB coupon that only lasted 24 hours from the date of the email, and it took me longer than that to read my email and place my order, and I lost the discount Grrrrrrrrrr

They do have learning letters and videos on new products that are always interesting.
    I think you will learn something cool.
    And depending on what you order, and when, their prices are SOMETIMES cheaper than ordering direct from the manufacturer.

Thanks for the update on Alan.
    We are all in this with you, and lending our support.
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Ducky View Post
    and Linda .... you wanting my MISSING #8 ??? so do I... I know that dang house is here someplace...
    Quote Originally Posted by CastleQueen5 View Post
    You didnt miss anything, I just asked ducky for a card, and she doesnt have to trade with me just because I asked. Or even because I asked first. She might not find anything in my gallery that she wants.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    So hey, there are many houses in my gallery if you are looking for some new realestate.

5. Likes roadbike831 liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sorry if I got you all buying Harry Potter stuff now. LOL Yes I love the little face stamps with the Dies. I would love to have the whole set. But probably wouldn't use them enough to justify the purchase. I do want at least one or two cuts from each to do in my scrapbooks. I would really love to trade for a couple Diecuts(with the face) from any of you that bought them. I've had that request in my signature since I first saw them, but nobody has pm me.

I know they can be cut down but for atcs. Dumbledore is one of my favorite characters, but I wish they had made his Die more like the others. I almost bought Snape, but I had to pay Auto insurance this month and things are really tight. (Or maybe we should do some Postcard size Harry Potter trades?)

No I don't think I have ordered from SimonSays before. I guess I should get on the newsletter.

7. Likes Ancient Planter liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is this the houses trading thread now? Or a separate houses swap? * looks around in befuddlement *... Should I subscribe here now?
    Now hosting In Costume!~*~ Curb Appeal ~*~Trash 2 Treasure #8

Living in COLORS !!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes this is the new House trading thread! New title but the first post is copied straight from the last thread. Glad you found it.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Linda :-)

Living in COLORS !!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    boy WE are a gabby bunch of house builders ain't we....
    Just Ducky

Ain't Life Just Ducky

12. Likes Ancient Planter liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was wondering when we'd reach the limit and need to start a new thread. And I'll be happy to send you some Snapes, Linda!!
    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    wow.. new HOUSE for us home builders...
    last night I wrote on the "closed thread" that I was going to post my last 3 houses in my gallery..
    oops... that didn't happen... dang scanner bit the dust AGAIN
    so... when and if my scanner gets fixed.. I will show in my gallery.. OR they are shown on the "closed thread"
    on page 65... postings # 1290....91.....92..

oh I liking our new house thread... feels so fresh, I can even smell the new paint and carpet...
    oh wait... that's Ducky, he just came in from the pond out back.... (wet carpet and moldy paint)
    Just Ducky

Ain't Life Just Ducky

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Haha ducky!

Living in COLORS !!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL, Go dry the Duck off.

I will scan tomorrow but I made houses today. A yellow house, a Stable, and three Mushroom Houses. bedtime now, sweet dreams

cinlan is offline http://stores.ebay.com/creativeconnection2craft
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like

Arrow

Hi Cinlan, welcome to the neighborhood. If you have in questions just chime in.

House ATC, my art 001.jpg houses still available, for better look, I linked to each of them in my gallery
    Santa Gift -TRADED
    Luv Christmas available
    Burma Shave available . Vincent, Beauty within available
    Always Young available . Art brings color available . Sweet Spring available
    Last edited by Linda4atc; 05-18-2018 at 01:03 AM.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can make similar cards to any of these, But they won't be exact. The doors on all except the stable open.

Stable-1 Traded to Vicki (remake-2 for Marie)
    Yellow House TRADED To Ducky
    Blue Mushroom TRADED
    Pink Mushroom TRADED
    Red Mushroom TRADED To Ducky
    Last edited by Linda4atc; 05-21-2018 at 01:46 PM.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I’d like to claim the stable please :-)

Living in COLORS !!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Marie I'm sorry Vicki sent a pm at 7:46 before I even got them in the thread. I will make another and see if you like it. Now where is that horese stamp. I actually stamped that months ago.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Finally! Here is my 1st house. I owe a card to Ancient Planter and Just Ducky. Since my first trade was with Ancient Planter, I am giving her first dibs on this house.

Ancient Planter, if it's not your cup of tea, just let me know...

Will try to make more houses soon!
    There is a crack in everything. That's how the light gets in. Leonard Cohen

23. Likes CastleQueen5 liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    That’s a great house Nanvan! Good job :-)

Living in COLORS !!

25. Thanks nanvan thanked this post