Loves bears!
Media
Albums
Swap Due Date – July 25, 2018
Swap Sign up Date – June 8
Withdraw Date - None
Number of Players - 4 groups of 5 players

Join the Marvellous APC Madness PAT!!

This PAT is for APCs only. APCs are Altered Playing Cards, 2.5" x 3.5" playing cards that are altered to show the theme of the player's choice. Please read the whole post and pm me with if you have any questions before signing up!

PAT Sign up rules:
  1. You must have a minimum +15 iTrader.
  2. You must have no negative iTrader in the last 6 months and no neutral iTrader in the last 3 months.
  3. No cards and no communication will result in negative iTrader from me and possibly your each of your group members.
  4. Once you post your theme and APC numbers, you cannot drop out.
  5. You may sign up for a maximum of 2 groups.
Making the APC cards:
  1. Sign up for your theme group.
  2. Easy/regular theme groups are for generic themes that are easy to find reference images for or draw, such as pigs in hats, bumblebees, blue roses, garden fairies, etc. No movies, books, popular culture in this category.
  3. Open themes groups include any easy or regular themes, as well as challenging themes such as medieval manuscripts, famous people, movies, shows, books, etc, song lyrics, poetry, etc.
  4. Within 48 hours of signing up, post your theme and the APCs that you want from each group member
  5. All APCs must have the top left number and suit showing
APC Basics:
  1. Cards must mounted on real playing cards, 2.5" X 3.5"
  2. APCS must have the top left number and suit showing
  3. Avoid raised embellishments that could cause the card to be damaged in the mail
  4. Send cards in individual plastic sleeves
  5. Include group number, username of who the card is for, your username and artist info on the back of the card.
  6. Create only cards you would be proud to have in your own collection.
Mailing Rules:
  1. PM me for my address when ready to mail. I have moved since the last PAT!
  2. Recommended mailing guidelines (note: Canada does not have mail on Saturdays, Sundays, Victoria Day (May 21), Canada Day (July 1))
    Canada: 5-7 business days
    USA: 10-14 business days
    International: at least 14 business days
  3. Note that late cards mailed later than these guidelines will receive NEUTRAL iTrader. Please note that I plan to be an on-time hostess. My previous PAT had issues regarding players mailing late, so please be sure you are prepared to meet the deadline before signing up.
  4. Please send a large address label or self addressed business sized envelope for your returns.
  5. Postage requirements:
    Canadian players: One group- 1 "P" stamp ($0.85), Two groups- $1.20 in Canadian postage
    USA players: One group- $1 USD (or $1.20 in unused Canadian postage), Two groups- $2 USD (or $1.80 in unused Canadian postage) NO USA POSTAGE, PLEASE!
    International players: $2 USD (or $2.50 in unused Canadian postage) NO NON-CANADIAN POSTAGE, PLEASE!
  6. Do not send any stamps that have survived previous sendings uncanceled as your return postage. It is illegal for me to reuse postage stamps.
  7. Host APCs are treasured and appreciated but never required to play! I have an APC wishlist in my signature, if you'd like to make me a hostie.
Contest with Prizes!
I will make 3 extra cards- 1 goes to the player who posts images of their completed cards to the thread first, 1 goes to the player whose cards arrive in my mailbox first, and 1 goes to the winner of the random draw! Players can only win one prize, so if anyone wins in more than one category, the second prize will go to the next person.

Groups: Bold names have arrived

Group 1: Easy/Regular theme APCs- collage/mixed media
1. dithespy: theme-Steampunk; Cards: P2: A of Hearts, P3: 2 Hearts, P4: 3 Hearts, P5: 4 Hearts
2. pouringdiva: theme-Artist's choice in any shade of Pink; no scary themes; Cards: All players Joker
3. JudyLee- theme: sun and text; Cards: P1-King of hearts, P2-King of diamonds, P4 King of spades, P5- King of clubs
4. Allegrae- theme: Depict a rule of dining etiquette; Cards: Any card
5. mcgillisj- theme: Steampunk; Cards: P1 - 2 hearts, P2 - 2 spades, P3 - 2 clubs, P4 - 2 diamonds

Group 2: Easy/Regular theme APCs- open media (hand-drawn/painted, mixed media, digital, fabric, etc- must still be mounted on a real playing card)
1. mrubyjean: theme-Cats; Cards: P2: 5 Clubs, P3: 9 Clubs, P4: 10 Clubs, P5: King of Clubs
2. CastleQueen5: theme-Cat(s) with wings; Cards: All players-Any Heart card
3. dithespy: theme-Birds; Cards: P1: Ace of Clubs, P2: 2 Clubs, P4: 3 Clubs, P5: 4 Clubs
4. Beckster- theme: dogs; Cards: P1- 5 diamonds, P2- 6 diamonds, P3- 7 diamonds, P5- 8 diamonds
5. Kynara- theme: Coffee (can be coffee bags, pots, cups..., favourite brand is Folgers, but it can be anything) P1: 3 hearts, P2: 3 diamonds, P3: 3 clubs, P4: 3 spades

Group 3: Open theme APCs- collage/mixed media
1. katelnorth- theme: crows/ravens (either/or); Cards: P2: 2 diamonds, P3: 3 diamonds, P4: 4 diamonds, P5: 5 diamonds.
2. Pikkis- theme: Astrid Lindgren´s children´s books and characters; Cards: P1 - 9 of hearts, P3 - 9 of diamonds, P4 - 9 of clubs, P5 - 9 of spades
3. theweavershand- theme: anything Zetti; Cards: P1: 2 of Clubs, P2: 8 of Hearts, P4: 3 of Diamonds, P5: 8 of Diamonds
4. Allegrae- theme: Allen Stone; Cards: any card
5. smallgirl- theme: Rupert Bear; Cards: P1: 3 of clubs, P2: 3 of diamonds; P3: 3 of spades; P4: 3 of hearts

Group 4: Open theme APCs- open media (hand-drawn/painted, mixed media, digital, fabric, etc- must still be mounted on a real playing card)
1. CastleQueen5: theme- Tony the Tiger from the cereal Frosted Flakes; Cards: P2: 2 diamonds, P3: 3 diamonds, P4: 4 diamonds, P5: 5 diamonds
2. pouringdiva: theme-Artist's choice in any shade of Pink; no scary themes; Cards: All players Ace
3. Mcgillisj- Theme:Character from Criminal Minds TV show; Cards: P1: 9 Hearts ; P2: 9 Spades ; P4: 9 Diamonds, P5: 9 Clubs
4. smallgirl: Theme: The Chronicles of Narnia Books (nothing from the movies). Pauline Baynes did some great illustrations that might inspire people!; Cards: P1: 2 of spades, P2: K of diamonds, P3: 9 of clubs, P5: 5 of clubs.
5. theweavershand: theme-Critters (animals of all shapes and kinds): mammals, reptiles, amphibians, fish. No insects or birds for this one. Cards: P1 Ace of Spades, P2 10 of Clubs, P3 8 of Diamonds, P4 4 of Heartsk

Last edited:
Lurking... *peeking around the corner*

need to see themes chosen first to make sure i don't have to print anything for the card. lol (my printer kinda sucks)

Welcome, Kynara! Hope you join! If you join an open media group, you would be free to hand-draw instead of collage if you didn't want to print out images :)

I love your theme for group 4, CastleQueen5! Frosted Flakes was my Granddad's favourite cereal. He had dementia for most of the time that I knew him, but he always insisted on Frosted Flakes. My Mom tried to get him to switch to the store brand because it was slightly less sugary and a few dollars cheaper. The store brand had a polar bear instead of Tony the tiger and even though his dementia was bad, as soon as Granddad saw the polar bear he knew it was the wrong brand!

I'd love to join. Could I have Group 1 - Steampunk ( Player 1 =me, Player 2:A Hearts, Player 3: 2 Hearts, Player 4: 3 Hearts and Player5: 4 Hearts)

And Group 2, Birds (Player 1: A Clubs, Player 2: 2 Clubs, Player 3= Me, Player 4: 3 Clubs, Player 5: 4 Clubs)

In the last PAT, I got a cat card from.?? Need more coffee before I can answer from who...

it was an awesome card but I think it was made on a Frosted flakes box, so that the Tony the tiger could shine through. And the word GREAT was added, and there was another cat much more obvious.

That got me thinking about how much I loved Tony the Tiger, and I remember that is what I wanted to be when I grew up. I had no clue that, that was not possible.

I'll take the 5th spot in group 2 please :cute:

theme: Coffee (can be coffee bags, pots, cups...) P1: 3♥, P2: 3♦, P3: 3♣, P4: 3♠

(my favorite brand is folgers, but it can be anything)

Last edited:
Thanks for the invite. I will join Group 1 and 5.
Group 1 - All players Joker- artist choice in any shade of Pink; no scary themes
Group 5- All Players Ace-artist choice in any shade of Pink; no scary themes

This may be a dumb question, but what is the difference between the groups open media versus collage/mixed media?

What Kynara said :) ^ I had a separate group for collage/mixed media because I know that some APC collectors on our site don't like to receive hand-drawn or digital APCs, but I wanted to give people the opportunity to use other media if they wanted to. That being said, if anyone does hand-drawn or digital, the card still has to be mounted on a real playing card.

Thanks for the invite. I will join Group 1 and 5.
Group 1 - All players Joker- artist choice in any shade of Pink; no scary themes
Group 5- All Players Ace-artist choice in any shade of Pink; no scary themes

Welcome, Pouringdiva! I only have 4 groups, did you mean Group 4 for your second group?

Back
Top Bottom