Paper Painting Round 2~ due July 28, 2018

prex

ATC Guru
Media
Due Date: July 28th
Withdraw by Date: Anytime - just please communicate
Number of Cards: 3/3
Number of Participants: Unlimited
Media: Torn or cut paper collage (open theme)

Paper Painting Round 2

Swap Requirements:

• Collage: The idea is to use torn or cut paper to "paint" your subject. For example, if you decide to create an ATC of a flower, you would use different papers to create the different colors, highlights, and shadows of your flower. You would not cut out images of flowers and collage them onto your card. ***Please take the time to check out the link to examples below so there is no confusion as to what I mean. Cards that are not "paper painted" will be returned in your SASE. If you are not sure, post them to the thread before sending out.***
  • Standard ATC size: 2.5 x 3.5 inches
  • 3:3 (hostess cards are never a requirement, but would be treasured)
  • Good craftsmanship: send in something that you would be excited to see in your return envelope. I am going to do my best to swap effort for effort.
  • Please make sure your cards are not flimsy.
  • Each card should be in its own protective sleeve.
  • Please include swap name, your username, real name, and location on the back of each ATC.

Mailing:

• US Participants – Please include a legible SASE. One forever stamp is enough. I will add extra postage, if needed.
  • International Participants - Please include a mailing label with your address clearly written or typed. I will provide an envelope for returns for all international players. Please include a well concealed US dollar bill or US global forever stamp.
  • Please make sure to package your cards securely. We don't want these wonderful works of art to get banged up in the mail.
  • When you are ready to send in your cards, please send me a private message.
  • Also, please post when you send in your cards, so I can be on the lookout.
  • Make sure your cards are mailed in time to be in my hands on or before the due date. If you need to withdraw, just let me know. Late cards and disappearing players will result in a neutral itrader.

It is always fun and inspiring when artists share their cards in the thread, so feel free to do so!

Some inspiration and examples:
Pinterest

My cards from the last paper painting swap:
View attachment 195419

View attachment 195420

View attachment 195421

When you receive your cards, please leave itrader for your hostess (that would be me) and "you rock" points to the players you received cards from.

Players:
prex79
dithespy RECEIVED
Amychelle RECEIVED
AngelJoy RECEIVED
PaintedChairs RECEIVED
CiCiCreates RECEIVED
Haagmm RECEIVED
Lorna RECEIVED
catladybj RECEIVED

Last edited:
Lurking for now, so I can be subscribed, but I will most likely play soon, this was fun the first time around!

Quick question- would this be using paper that was already colored? Or could we paint paper (like pages of a book), then tear it up and create mosaic? Thanks!

Either way - you just can't use images to create your collage. In the examples I have from the last swap (in the first post), I used gelli printed papers, some on book pages. I think I also used bits from envelopes and doilies.

I don't see why not. I used elmer's glue to create one in my classroom. I added water to the glue and painted it on.

Oh, I didn't consider painting it on. That seems messy though! I think I'll just glue the backs. lol

Ok, count me in. I impulse bought way more origami paper then I know what to do with. XD

Lurking. I'm in love with that pear. I don't even know why, because I don't even like to *eat* pears! LOL

Ok, here is my contribution to your question box. Can we use paper doilies and envelope liners to cut shapes from, if they are not the entire image?

Back
Top Bottom