Paper Painting Round 2~ due July 28, 2018

Ugh. I am not making anything that I'm happy with, so I won't be able to join in this time. Hopefully you will do this swap again, because I really want to play! :sad: I'll keep practicing for next time.

Sorry to hear that, but I understand. This is the second time I've hosted this, so I assume I'll do it again. I keep wanting to try this process on a larger canvas, but haven't been able to bring myself to even try yet.

Just checking in...lots of lovely art! I finished a landscape. I used a watercolor that went wrong, cut it and inserted other papers for the sky. The foreground got fiddly but I managed to get the dry grass in.
View attachment 197219 I still need to seal it. It won't have matte and gloss contrast after coating...but I know the grass won't lift off.
I have a second landscape and a hydrangea in process.

Haagmm, your lovely paper paintings arrived!
We still have a little over 2 weeks left, if anyone wants to jump in ;)

I am still not sure about this swap! having problems it seems creating what I want with paper. Yet there is
still time for me to create and play, see if I get some cards I want to send.

I am ready to try and coat the cards...gulp...I have a sample to try first...I will post all 4 when they are dry.
roadbike831, try to keep the design to fewer objects. This way you can concentrate on getting the paper pieces to depict the object. Have a look at the cards prex79 has in the first post and you will see what I mean. Good luck with playing!

I have all 4 done. About the sealing, it changed the look of some papers. Ironically, the watercolor came through just fine while the color pencil altered a little.
They will be mailed early this week...
I have some extra purple flowers so I plan to create a coin and/or inchies with the leftover parts. Let's see how that works out.;)

1_PaperPainting2.jpg

Gorgeous set, Lorna! They look beautiful together. I can't wait to see them in person :)

Just checking in. We only have a couple days left. I have one more set on the way (plus my own to do...)

Back
Top Bottom