HandDrawn/HandPainted Artapalooza!! #4 (Details in description)Due Aug 2

Theme/Topic for Artapalooza!! #

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Monkers_JJKx76

Sweating Ink and bleeding graphite!
Media
Swap Due Date -Thursday, August 2, 2018
Sign up date - no sign up just send cards to be added to the list. Just give me a heads up when your planning to send.
Withdraw by date - none
Number of Items - 3 for 3
Number of participants - 250,000+
Media: Hand Drawn / Hand Painted

~MonKers!! HD/HP ATC Artapalooza!! #4 Mythical Creatures.

palooza-
an all-out crazy party; partying at one place with a ton of people like there's no tomorrow

*NO Sign up ! Swap! When you cards arrive i'll add you to the list.

** Artistic Nudity is allowed in this Swap ...Per AFA site Rules. ~ if you DO NOT wish to receive such content be sure to leave me a note with your cards**

How it works: STEP (1) Create three Artist Trading/Sketch Cards (2 Artist Choice +1 themed)
STEP (2) Mail them to MonKers the MonKeee Man.( PM me for my address when your ready to send)
Step (3) I'll add you to the list. (when your name is posted your cards have arrived.)
STEP (4) Receive three awesome returns

*Swap Extras
There will be a LOTTERY to receive an Art Pack worth no less than a $20 (value) maybe more with the last Swap of the year. Here's how you'll earn points:

1. Participatiaon/join ~ 1pt (when cards are received)
2. Posting your cards to the thread or gallery 1pt (gallery post must have Swap name)
3. YOU receive a Host pick bonus card from me. ~2pt (Not meaning a Host card to me as they are not required to play)
4. Refer a Player ~ 2pts ( every Player joins the Swap per your suggestion
5. Following the Submission directions/rules - No Envie, return postage,return mini Envie that was provided with your returns.( I ask this because it's a big part of organizing /swapping process.) ~ 3pts

A Player will receive 1 Extra card on theme/topic each Swap.

I'll be giving away bonus cards in tiers
10 participants = a player will receive 1 Extra card (drawn by me) picked by me.
15 participants = a Player will receive a 1 Extra card per random generator app.
25 Swap Pack = a Player will receive postage,three blanks and mini envie

DISCRIPTION: Theme Card/ Challenge Card =Mythical Creatures. The other two are Artist Choice . You are welcome to submit 3 themed cards if you choose. You are guaranteed to receive 1 theme card among your returns.

For those who are able PLEASE post your swap cards to the thread for all to see and enjoy.

RULES:
- Submit your best work, take pride in your work and don't rush cards.
- Cards must be 2.5" x 3.5" and sturdy.
- Cards must be on time. (communication is must)
LATE cards will be returned to player.
- protect each card in a plastic sleeve cards should be flat
- Include your AFA username,Swap name and location on the back of your cards
- write your username & swap name on the back of all envies

Mailing:

When you are ready to send cards PM me for my address.

US players: Please send loose postage.( a forever stamp should be fine.)and a large address label.*DO NOT send envie I will provide them. Please write your username & swap name on the back of all envies.

International players: please enclose a U.S $1.00 bill for returns and a address label. I have Paypal as well. Please write your username & swap name on the back of envies.

RETURNS:
I'll swap cards promptly ,when all cards arrive.Late cards will be sent back to artist.please please please contact me if there is an issue of any kind.
When you receive your returns, please leave iTrader for me and rep points for the other players.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mythological Trivia Contest
ReverieJJ
alliterationartistry
Aiandoragon 2
Lara 2
dithespy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HOST CARD:
Host card is not required to play,
----------------------------------------------------------------

Artist/Players:
Monkers
1.Lara
2. dithespy
3. Lysankya
4. ReverieJ

Last edited:
Theme / Challenge Card =Mythical Creatures. The other two are Artist Choice . You are welcome to submit 3 themed cards if you choose. You are guaranteed to receive 1 theme card among your returns.

*Swap Extras
EARN POINTS to RECEIVE a Art Pack worth no less than a $20 (value) maybe more with the last Swap of the year. Here's how you'll earn points:

1. Participatiaon/join ~ 1pt (when cards are received)
2. Posting your cards to the thread or gallery 1pt (gallery post must have Swap name)
3. YOU receive a Host pick bonus card from me. ~2pt (Not meaning a Host card to me as they are not required to play)
4. Refer a Player ~ 2pts ( every Player joins the Swap per your suggestion
5. Following the Submission directions/rules - No Envie, return postage,return mini Envie that was provided with your returns.( I ask this because it's a big part of organizing /swapping process.) ~ 3pts

A Player will receive 1 Extra card on theme/topic each Swap.

Last edited:
Mythological Creatures

Alicorn - The name for a winged unicorn.
Banshee - A spirit appearing as a frenzied old woman whose high pitched shriek prophesied a death soon to come.
Basilisk - A legendary lizard who could kill a man with its stare.
Bigfoot - A type of Sasquatch native to North American forests.
Black Dog - An evil spirit dog that stalks city streets at night.
Black Eyed Beings - They take human form but have black, soulless eyes and emanate a sense of pure evil.
Bogeyman - A semi-corporeal being whose sole purpose is to scare children.
Bogle - A ghostly being whose purpose is to confuse and scare humans and other creatures.
Bray Road Beast - The nickname for a werewolf-like creature seen multiple times in Wisconsin.
Brownies - Small humanoid creatures wearing all brown clothing who sneak into homes at night to help with household chores.
Centaur - Half-men, half-horse creatures that ran wild and unruly.
Cerberus - The three-headed dog that guards the entrance to Hades.
Charybdis - The whirlpool on one side of the Strait of Messina that swallowed ships that came too close to it.
Chimera - Part-lion, part-goat, part-snake - all monster.
Cockatrice - A flying part-rooster/part-snake that could kill with its stare.
Cyclops - The one-eyed giant who captured and ate people.
Cynocephalus - A member of an ancient race of men with the heads of dogs.

Demon - Malevolent spirits of Hell who battle humans for control of their souls.
Doppelganger - Apparitions of people that occur in impossible situations.
Dragon - Giant, flying, fire-breathing lizards who often guard treasure.
Dwarf - A short, stalky humanoid who live in underground mining communities.
Echidna - The snake-woman who became the mother of most Greek monsters.
Elf - A race of pointy-eared humanoids who excel in magic and archery.
Fairy - A small, flying humanoid with magical abilities.
Ghosts - Spirits of the dead whose souls remain in the realm of the living.
Gnome - A small, humanoid creature who lives and moves beneath the earth.
Goblin - A grotesque, troublesome little creature with a strong greed for gold and jewels.
Golem - Magically animated human-shaped creatures typically made of solid stone.
Gorgon - The snake-haired and snake-bodied humanoid that was created in its mother's image. Its stare could turn a person to stone. Medusa became one of these creatures in a later myth.
Griffin - A creature with the body of a lion, the tail of a snake, and the head and wings of an eagle.
Grim Reaper - The embodiment of death itself, the Grim Reaper comes to take your soul to the afterlife.

Hobgoblin - A type of Brownie who is inherently less helpful and more mischievous, even to the point of causing harm if antagonized.
Hydra - The nine-headed serpent who grew two new heads for every one that was cut off.
Imp - Small, mischievous creatures who liked to play pranks on people.
Ladon (Python) - The snake that guarded the golden apples in the Garden of the Hesperides.
Leprechauns - Small, bearded men who have a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.
Loch Ness Monster - The elusive sea-monster from the Loch Ness in Scotland.
Manticore - A mythical beast with a lion's body and a human's head.
Medusa - A disciple of Athena who was turned into a gorgon. She had the hair of snakes and could turn men to stone with her gaze.
Mermaids - Sea creatures with the head and torso of a woman and the tail of a fish.
Minotaur - The creature with the head and legs of a bull and the torso of a man, who guarded the exit to The Labyrinth.
Mothman - A winged creature in the shape of a man with hypnotic red eyes sighted in West Virginia.
Mutants - A term describing abnormal creatures created by genetic or environmental mutations.
Nemean Lion - The giant lion with impenetrable hide who becomes the constellation Leo.
New Jersey Devil - A flying creature with a high-pitched scream and a horse-like head native to the New Jersey Pine Barrens.
Nymph - Divine female nature spirits who inhabit certain natural sites.

Ogre - An ugly, oversized humanoid creature with great physical strength and little intelligence.
Orthros - The two-headed monster dog.
Pegasus - Technically the proper name of Bellerophon's winged horse, which became the general name for winged horses.
Phoenix - The golden bird who, at the end of its life, burst into flames only to be reborn again.
Pixie - A small humanoid creature with pointy ears who likes to cause mischief.
Sasquatch - Large, hairy, man-like beasts that live in the woods.
Satyr - Half-men, half-goats who were wild and lustful. The god Pan was one of these.
Scylla - The man-eating beast that lived on the opposite side of the Strait of Messina from Charybdis.
Sea Monsters - The generic term for several breeds of water-based monsters.
Sea-Goat - The half-goat, half-fish who are the children of Pricus, who becomes the constellation Capricorn.
Shade - The ghosts of dead people before they are admitted entrance to Hades.
Shapeshifters - Humans who can willingly take the form of an animal while maintaining their consciousness.
Sirens - Man-eating beautiful women whose song compels men to them.
Sphinx - The half-human, half-lion that forces those it meets to answer its riddles, or die.
Sprite - A category of elemental, fairy-like spirits, invisible to humans (a Sylph is one of these).
Sylph - An invisible, fairy-like being dedicated to the element of air.

Thunderbird - A giant bird that creates storms with its wings.
Typhon - The fire-breathing giant who challenged Zeus for control of Mount Olympus. Also the father of most Greek monsters.
Unicorn - A magical horse with a single horn on its forehead.
Valkyries - Mythical Norse female divinities who choose heroes to die in battle and carry them to the great Valhalla.
Vampire - Legend's most charming bloodsucker gets a whole section of this website all to itself.
Wendigo - An evil spirit that possesses humans and turns them into cannibals.
Will-o'-the-wisp - Strange flame-like lights that seem to beckon travelers to follow.
Werewolf - Human by day, wolf by night.
Wraith - Evil spirits of the dead who are trapped on Earth.
Zombie - The living dead who feed on human flesh.

MonKers HD/HP Artapalooza!! #4 starts Thursday, 24,2018 To Thursday, August 2, 2018

Swaps will be :
10 weeks
70 days

The Theme/Challenge Card for Artapalooza!! #4 - Mythical Creatures per Poll Result. New poll starts 9/2/18 with the next round.

Polls will be open for 60 days to give those who wish to get an early start on the next round.

* UPDATED STATS * in Post #3

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Feel free to check-in and let us know what your working on or add to the Mythical Creatures list. I check the Thread daily. Comments and feedback welcome.

Cheers!

Trivia Time

The diet of what mythical monster periodically included seven youths and seven maidens?

Mythology Trivia Contest

How it works:

I will be posting Mythology trivia questions through out the Swap. One point will be given for the first posted correct answer. Each point given will go towards the Art Supply Pack. The Player with the most Tpts (trivia points) will receive a 4x6 mythological creature art card dawn by me of their choice. The Trivia's Contest results will be updated/posted on the Swap description page.

Oh I didn't think we were supposed to answer on here... As I'm still lurking - I'm not too confident in my drawing skills (especially since I haven't drawn anything in ages - I've only started again a few days ago) ^^ but I guess I still like the trivia :)

Oh I didn't think we were supposed to answer on here... As I'm still lurking - I'm not too confident in my drawing skills (especially since I haven't drawn anything in ages - I've only started again a few days ago) ^^ but I guess I still like the trivia :)

Cheers! Welcome to the Party:)

He actually turned more than one person into stone with the Gorgons head. First he turned Atlas - the king who didn't want to help him and then later on he turned Phineas or something at the wedding.

And ahh thank you for the welcome ^^

Edit: I think I got that messed up... 1. Atlas 2. Phineas at the wedding with Andromeda and 3. Polydektes who was still trying to marry his mother. (I had to look up the names, but I was pretty sure of the killing :) - and wow that sounds terrible ...

Last edited:
He actually turned more than one person into stone with the Gorgons head. First he turned Atlas - the king who didn't want to help him and then later on he turned Phineas or something at the wedding.

And ahh thank you for the welcome ^^

Edit: I think I got that messed up... 1. Atlas 2. Phineas at the wedding with Andromeda and 3. Polydektes who was still trying to marry his mother. (I had to look up the names, but I was pretty sure of the killing :) - and wow that sounds terrible ...

Question #3 Correct Aiandoragon I was looking for Atlas.

--------------------------------------------------------
Thank you!! :) for the extra bits AWESOME!!

Back
Top Bottom