FLORIDA MEMBERS...SIGN IN PLEASE
    www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16337

2. Likes NYJunkie liked this post
    Foxglove is offline Mixed media: Perfectly imperfect
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Um...my post disappeared. I didn't think my card was that bad! LOL

Anyway, I was saying great card, GALZART! Those donuts look really yummy!

And I had my first real failure with the ICAD yesterday. I think there's too much color for the sketchy style I was going for, plus it's just a bad sketch. I tried to save it by painting the horse with gesso, but that didn't work. Eh. Oh well...it's okay because it's just an index card, but I'm a bit disappointed because I felt like I was doing so well with them.ICAD Day 6.jpg

4. Likes GALZART liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxglove View Post
    Um...my post disappeared. I didn't think my card was that bad! LOL

Anyway, I was saying great card, GALZART! Those donuts look really yummy!

And I had my first real failure with the ICAD yesterday. I think there's too much color for the sketchy style I was going for, plus it's just a bad sketch. I tried to save it by painting the horse with gesso, but that didn't work. Eh. Oh well...it's okay because it's just an index card, but I'm a bit disappointed because I felt like I was doing so well with them.ICAD Day 6.jpg
    Thank You...
    I don't consider you horse a 'failure'. That's the nice thing about ICADs ... it's less restricting than a Journal, which I would consider has to be 'near perfect'...that's why I can't work in one. The ICAD is for our on satisfaction that we can create something every day....they aren't going in a gallery, or going up for sale, or even trade....so they aren't failures. It just may be that it may or may not be our favorites. Personally, I like your horse!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    ICAD #8 ICAD 8.jpg

7. Likes NYJunkie liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, nooooo! My journal is supposed to be near perfect??? I better stop all this journaling business I’ve been doing post haste then!! Just kidding.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I totally understand where GALZART is coming from...I have an art journal from Dyan Reaveley - the Dylusions one - that I stopped using because I was 'ruining' it. Then I got an old hardback book, because I figured I could tear out the sucky pages or glue them together if they don't work out. I like those pages a lot more (not least because I am following Maremi Small Art and France Papillion's style, which I love. (Versus coming up with my own thing, which rarely works.) I do get frustrated and disappointed if a journal page doesnt work out.

That said, I should be thinking like you, KPinAK, and I am as time goes on. Intellectually, I know the art journal pages don't HAVE to come out perfect. It's just a journal, like it's just an ICAD. No one will see it if you don't show it, so not a big deal. I think one of my issues is I watch a ton of videos, and everyone's art journal comes out beautiful and perfect with no mistakes. Somehow, that translated into *my* journal should also be perfect. It's nonsense, I know. I'm getting better about it.

No ICAD today (great ICAD, GALZART). I had to work on a personal trade and a swap card. I DO have the background done. Hmm. Maybe I should slap a quote on it and call it good! LOL

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here's my ICAD, day 7! I didn't follow the prompts. This was another one of my do-my-own-things, and I liked how it turned out.
    ICAD Day 7_4.jpg

11. Likes electricdesigner, NYJunkie liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    ICAD #9....I used the Zebra prompt, but a day late.ICAD 9.jpg
    ICAD #10...ICAD 10.jpg
    ICAD #11ICAD #11.jpg
    Last edited by GALZART; 06-11-2018 at 07:44 PM.

13. Thanks NYJunkie thanked this post
    Likes Foxglove liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here are my #8 & 9 (also created for the still life/texture challenge I was doing on another forum):
    A little arrangement of goodies my Navy sistahs have given me--pipe cleaner, cork, plastic beads, glass earings, metal bracelet, felt pennant.
    View from above of the reformer at the Pilates studio I go to. Wood platform, fabric strap, plastic balls, metal springs & slats, carpet on the floor beneath it.

15. Likes GALZART, Foxglove, NYJunkie liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome cards, GALZART! I love the 'regret one!
    KPinAK, love your cards too! You are really great at capturing the different textures. Makes me think that would be a fun and challenging theme for a swap.

Speaking of - has making these ICADs inspired your ATCs? I haven't done so yet, but some of mine has inspired me to make ATCs in a similar way.

17. Thanks GALZART thanked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, Foxglove!

The way I’ve been inspired by this ICAD thread is to do my other sketching I’d be doing for other various purposes in a more cohesive way—getting them into one of my index-card-sizes sketchbooks.

My latest 3 additions were for an art class assignment—sketches of 3 Ancient Roman busts. What awesome practice for sketching human heads!!! They’re monochrome, and they sit VERY still. So next time I’m sketching from observation, I’m looking for SCULPTURES to sketch :-)

So I just put Caligula, Caracalla, & Constantine in my ICAD Google album...https://photos.app.goo.gl/GEHhJOKk4nJ8feXx1%5B/url%5D

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    The other day while my neighbor was at work, there was some Thunder which set off her VERY LARGE German Shepherd. He did some damage in the house before he managed to open a window get out of the house, scale his 6 foot fence. He went on a tour of the neighborhood jumping fences...being brought home and put back in his yard...and scaled the fence again. He eventually came to my house and let himself in, right through the screen door. When the second 'dog catcher' came, he quickly got in the truck (in the cab)...the officer wouldn't let him ride in the cab so he sat in front of the truck, next to it and under it so the truck couldn't move. My neighbor returned home, got out of her car and Coby quickly got in...he loves to ride. My neighbor spent several hours putting a new screen in my door yesterday. I had to 'honor' Coby on an ICAD.ICAD 12.jpg

20. Likes NYJunkie liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh my gosh...that is a GORGEOUS dog, but what an adventure!

22. Likes GALZART liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Things have slowed down a little bit.
    ICAD 13ICAD #13.jpg

24. Likes NYJunkie liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am having a hard time making time to work on the ICADs. I need to finish cards for a swap, and I want to make a sunflower canvas for my mother's birthday in a couple weeks. It takes me so long to do everything!!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxglove View Post
    I am having a hard time making time to work on the ICADs. I need to finish cards for a swap, and I want to make a sunflower canvas for my mother's birthday in a couple weeks. It takes me so long to do everything!!
    I enjoy doing the ICADs and have dropped about everything else I wanted to do. I want to see something all the way to the end....can't believe I stuck to it already 13 days.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great story, GALZART!! Woah! Who needs bears when you have a neighbor dog like that :-)

I posted my #13 in my google photo album—a sketch of an Etruscan cinerary statue for my art class. . I’ll try to post when I have a few to show!!!

28. Likes GALZART liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KPinAK View Post
    Great story, GALZART!! Woah! Who needs bears when you have a neighbor dog like that :-)

I posted my #13 in my google photo album—a sketch of an Etruscan cinerary statue for my art class. . I’ll try to post when I have a few to show!!!
    Thank you....He's a Great dog too! He' probably the size of a bear cub. He just wants to be 'free as a bear'.
    Looking forward to seeing you #13 and others.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Had to 'scrounge' through my bits and pieces to find something suitable for Flag Day.
    ICAD #14.jpg

31. Likes NYJunkie liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love seeing everyone's ICADs. I've been trying to keep up and just finished #14.
    This is a great way to experiment with different media and stamps that I've never used. (Don't we all have unused art supplies?)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    There cannot be a crisis next week, my schedule is already full. --Henry A. Kissinger